[Recommend me] which amulets is extremely powerful in warding evils spirits and bad magic

PidtaLover

Registered Member
So 虎鞭 can help?

* ฉันเชื่อในอะไรก็ตามที่เครื่องรางนั่นคือประสิทธิภาพสำหรับฉัน

Sangmo

Registered Member
Hi,

What about Phra Phrom & Phra Pidta? From my knowledge they r good in repelling evil entities too

* 巫术魔法出我辈,一入成年岁月催,求神拜佛谈笑中,不胜人生一场醉

Phra Phrom.. not really.
Phra Pidta .. questionable.
Not all "spirits" are evil.

PidtaLover

Registered Member
Phra Phrom.. not really.
Phra Pidta .. questionable.
Not all "spirits" are evil.
Phra Phrom not really? Erawan Shrine was built to repel the evil spirits there? No?

And y is pidta questionable? Can u kindly explain further? Thanks

Yes, i know not all spirits r evil.

Sangmo

Registered Member
Phra Phrom not really? Erawan Shrine was built to repel the evil spirits there? No?

And y is pidta questionable? Can u kindly explain further? Thanks

Yes, i know not all spirits r evil.

Phra Phromma is not a protective deity. Never heard of any Indian Hindu or Brahmin Priest stating that Phra Phrom is a protective deity. More closer in layman's term as a wish fulfiller or wish granter and creator sort.. Also Thai and Theravada Buddhist Phra Phrom is not the Phra Taw Maha Phromma which is the real Maha Brahma ; one of the Trimurti of Hindu Male Deities. Others are Lord Shiva Mahadev and Sri Maha Vishnu. Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu do have protective and fierce qualities as well as manifestations of their different states of avatars.

Pidta is not really a protector from demonic entities or spirits. Never known any maker stating 100% his pidta is for repelling ghosts or high realm demons. Not too sure as I do not know much about all pidtas but from what I felt experience wise.. no.

Most amulets today are blessed with a general function whilst others might be slightly more specific in its functionality and purpose.

This is my experiences and opinion.

So far , Phra Taw Weassuwan works.

loveinfinite

Registered Member
Phra Phromma is not a protective deity. Never heard of any Indian Hindu or Brahmin Priest stating that Phra Phrom is a protective deity. More closer in layman's term as a wish fulfiller or wish granter and creator sort.. Also Thai and Theravada Buddhist Phra Phrom is not the Phra Taw Maha Phromma which is the real Maha Brahma ; one of the Trimurti of Hindu Male Deities. Others are Lord Shiva Mahadev and Sri Maha Vishnu. Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu do have protective and fierce qualities as well as manifestations of their different states of avatars.

Pidta is not really a protector from demonic entities or spirits. Never known any maker stating 100% his pidta is for repelling ghosts or high realm demons. Not too sure as I do not know much about all pidtas but from what I felt experience wise.. no.

Most amulets today are blessed with a general function whilst others might be slightly more specific in its functionality and purpose.

Thank you for opinion. I too feel that the different Hinduistic divinities mentioned, have their own chauvinistic qualities and characteristics.

Just a few curious questions.
In your basis that Phra Phrom isn't the lord Maha Brahma, the creator in the Hindu faith, the question would be who is Phra Phrom?
Am deeply fascinated about his origins in both Theravada and Thai folktale.
Is he considered as a Deva, Bodhisattva or Enlightened being?
What is the story behind him having the four heads?

Just a few questions that I'm curious about and is always open to the floor for discussion.

PidtaLover

Registered Member
Thank you for opinion. I too feel that the different Hinduistic divinities mentioned, have their own chauvinistic qualities and characteristics.

Just a few curious questions.
In your basis that Phra Phrom isn't the lord Maha Brahma, the creator in the Hindu faith, the question would be who is Phra Phrom?
Am deeply fascinated about his origins in both Theravada and Thai folktale.
Is he considered as a Deva, Bodhisattva or Enlightened being?
What is the story behind him having the four heads?

Just a few questions that I'm curious about and is always open to the floor for discussion.
I'm curious too

Barrybuddhist

Registered Member
Allow me to share some info.

In Buddhism, Brahma is a state of divinity that every human can achieve by practice Brahmavihara meditation, namely, Metta, Karuna, Mudita and Upekkha. In Buddha's time, Buddha did refute the existence of a sole world creator or the idea of God (btw, that time the idea of Trimurti haven't arise yet, please study India religion history). All the Brahmins that time were upset by Buddha's teachings and therefore many of them against Buddha. But if you guys read the Tripitaka suttas, many of them later are converted into Buddhism.

Buddha said actually Maha Brahma is real and he is a high level Deity in heaven. But Maha Brahma was deluded by his long existence that he thought himself is the worlds' creator (Please read Agganna Sutta and Brahmamantanika Sutta). Buddha realised his wrong view and went to heaven corrected him. Eventually he became Buddhist too and attend to Buddha and Maha Moggallana Thera quite often as recorded in the Suttas.

So the thing is, how you see Maha Brahma or Thao Maha Phrom, it is really depends on whether you are Buddhist or Hindu.

If you are Hindu, you will NOT and should NOT pray to Maha Brahma again as He is the delusion (Maya) creator, boon giver to demons, lustful (having incest sex with His own Daughter, Saraswasti), Liar (Lied to Shiva that He found the edge of Sadashiva realm), prideful (debate and challenge the Destroyer Shiva), helper of evil entity (He helped and grant knowledge to many demons including King Ravana that abducted Rama(Vishnu)'s consort, Sita (Parvati). Which is bad in many ways.

But if you talking about Buddhist version of Brahma, Brahma divinity can be divided into 2 types: One with physical appearance and one without physical appearance. The one we usually pray and invite is the one with physical appearance (Rupa Brahma Deva). Brahma with physical appearance got 16 levels of Heavens (พรหมโลก16ชั้นฟ้า) ( that is why when inviting all devas and Brahmas to come, should have 16 jossticks). Each Heaven have many different Brahma gods, different individuals and powers. But all have same characteristics:

1) Sexless and all appear youthful male appearance (don't have sex organs)
2) All delight in Meditation as Joy (Piti; Pali language) from meditation is the only object Brahmas need for sustainability.
3) Don't practice sex actions since they don't have sex organs and don't have physical canal lust in their minds.
4) All are mighty and powerful that all devas, asuras, and sometimes monks (except Arahants) and Reusi also weaker than them.
5) Many of them are Buddhists as their greatest Brahma leader and senior named Brahma Sahampati and Brahma Harita, were Buddha's follower. Special note Brahma Sahampati is a non-returner, destined to attain Nibbana.

So if you asking me, I am a Buddhist and I therefore take Buddha's teachings about Brahmas.

Barrybuddhist

Registered Member
A

Agreed, but when it is coming to warding off ghost. I think LP Thuad, Phra Rahu, Phaya Krut (Garuda), or Geji Archan that you have faith into, can work also.

D.wight

Registered Member
Lp Geun Wat Don Yannawa Somdej
Made specifically for dispelling paranormal activities, chasing off ghosts etc

Lp Sima Phra Put - contains yin stuff inside, ghost vs ghost?

A good tao vessuwan / wessuwan
Lp Sakorn one is good as there's the added effect of Pong prai kuman by LP Tim

and/or

Do offerings before going in to work. Ask for peace and remember to say thank you.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Sangmo

Registered Member
I do notice that Tibetan amulets do have this function such as dispelling or warding off evil spirits and demonic entities such as Vajrapani (effective), Sitatapatra (very effective) , Green Tara (very effective) , Kuan Yin / Avalokitesvara Thousand Hands (effective) , Shri Guru Padmasambhava Rinpoche (very effective) , Mahakala and Yamantaka especially Yamantaka (super effective).

Personally, I am looking for Phra Taw Weassuwan , Lersi Taafai myself.

In my previous work places or companies that I was employed , there were a lot of disturbances such as in warehouses, restaurants or back of house area where there had been sightings of paranormal and spiritual apparitions and haunting. A couple of my male and female colleagues saw a dark female ghost or ghostly sighting of small children with red eyes , etc. I was lucky that a few of my colleagues and me did some Buddhist appeasement rituals by offering medicinal and food incenses , water and fruits as well as chanting some Buddhist Sutras / Mantras to these "good brothers and sisters".. the haunting seems to calm down but some of the female colleagues fainted a couple of times during work. The frequency caused them to take MC for many days till my ex boss in one of the company , gave some amulets to wear and one of them received a Phra Taw Weassuwan whilst the others received Luang Phor Thuad , Shri Maha Kali or Yamantaka and so far , none of them fainted or saw these apparitions ever again.

I think we Chinese got a huge misunderstanding on this topic, thinking that wearing an amulet or accessories can ward off evil things. But this is not true at all.

Didn't all of us listened this proverb before? 物以類聚 When you are prone to evil deeds, evil thoughts, and evil speech...bad things can be nearer to you too. So I say the best way to avoid bad things is to always practice mindfulness, making good deeds, and build up good merit. 5 precepts is vital to this.

And I don't really believe wearing an item or shell or animal parts can help in this, if it is true, no need Buddhism already.

By the way, if people really scared of spirits or want to get rid of ghost attacks (for some Kammic reason, some people really got harmed from it much), these people can wear Buddhist amulet. But not all are effective, why?

TYPES OF GHOSTS

Do understand that there are 31 planes of existence as preached by Buddha. Ghastly spirits can be divided into few types or race if you call it, namely: Peta (Pret or Phi in Thai), Sambhavesi, Pisacha (Pisat in Thai), Bhuta (Phut in Thai).

1) Peta (Pret): Normally they are born due to bad deeds or did not take 5 precepts, they kill, steal, having sexual misconduct, lie, and drink alcohol or taking intoxicating drugs. They violates their parents and others. These lifeforms are bound to sufferings and hungry all the times, without even a single moment to take rest. (Peta means "wander around" in Pali language) this kind of spirit got no time to disturb human unless offended or due to Kammic link for some reason, eg: relatives.

2) Sambhavesi: Those who should seeking birth but still lingering around in human world. Due to evil deeds in past lives, greed, hatred, or delusion, they reborn as Sambhavesi spirits. Suffering and hunger, longing for human companion, they are used to haunting many places and stay there for long time. They will create eerie environment and haunt human if got opportunity, if offended, if got Kammic link, or even due to their evil wish. In Thailand, there are many cases of Sambhavesi haunting, some may even sexually violates human ladies due to their lustful nature and greed that brought forward from their past life (can search on line for such news). To be reborn in this suffering plane, normally are (a) those died in accidents, so sudden that they are unawares that they are dead; (b) practicing occult practices; (c) die a violent death; (d) have a deluded mind during the time of death; (e) when one's merit is at the middle between heaven and hell, but not reaching human realm; (f) one who make a wish to born here; (g) one who got Kammic link to this plane (his/her previous bad Kamma)

To be continued...

Types of ghost continued

3) Pisacha means Demonic entity. These beings got a strong evil thought that they can harm others. They fight among themselves and even want to harm other spirits. In their mind is full of hatred, greed and delusion. People who are greedy, hatred, lustful and done a lot of bad things, after suffer in Hell, will have a chance to be born as Pisacha. They do have a certain level of power to harm others including human. They are dangerous beings that bend to harm others while taking a lot of suffers themselves.

4) Bhuta can means Spirit in Pali language. It can be benevolent or malevolent. Good one like Rukkha Devata (Tree gods or goddess) or powerful entity with good heart. Malevolent one can be like those Yakkha (giants), banana tree spirit or Mae Nang Takien. They are really like human, but can be over extremist sometimes according to stories. They can be Buddhists or against Buddhism too (most of Yakkhas, even under the command of Taowessuwan, only some believe in Buddhism while others against).

To be continued...

Continues:

So what is the point here after speaking lot things here? The answer is we need to understand where are we. These beings (living and wander around Catummaharajika world) are living intertwining with our human realm too. Human world is well intertwining with Catummaharajika realm (4 Divine Kings realm) and therefore you can read a lot of stories regarding Devas and Bhikkhus in Buddhist scripture Tripitaka).

So for people that are afraid of these spirits, one needs to be well connected with high beings in this Catummaharajika realm such as Tao Wessuwan, Phra Rahu (formerly an evil prideful Asura Deva, later subdued by Buddha and become Bodhisatta that vowed to become a Sammasambuddha just like Siddhartha Gautama himself), or other Divine Kings. Of course one can also be devotee of certain LP or Archan that made their names and power heard in this realm too such as LP Thuad, LP Man, LP Eiam or many more. Why?

Because these high beings got strong Parami, kind hearted, always protective to those who follow Dhamma closely. Most importantly, these beings are closed to us and can respond FAST. For example, you found a burglary and want to report now urgently, you call both near police station and the main Police Department (Bukit Aman in Malaysia), which team you think will reach faster?

Therefore, when praying to Devas, choose the one that is suitable to your case. If you talking about Brahma or Indra (Sakka Devaraja), they are really far from us and they both have a common characteristics, they only will act if found a really worthy human ( eg Arahant, Anagami, Sakadagami, or a person is doing a huge sacrifice for the benefit of others). Sakka Devaraja is much more special, he himself is a Sotapanna and he is keen to Dhamma learning and virtuous human. Brahma is most of the time, devoted to meditation.

Therefore one suggestion from me for those who scared of ghosts:

Today onwards take 5 precepts, take refuge in Triple Gems, invite Devas in Catummaharajika realm as your Dhammic friend ( or Kalyana mitta, means friends that leading you to good path, whether this world or next world). Chant Karaniyametta sutta and always practice Buddha's teachings little by little. In this way, those Devas will protect you all the times throughout whole life. Maybe when you are dying, if the merits accumulated is enough, these mighty deities will come and greet you and uplift the person ascend to Heaven too. For there is a proverb in Dhammapada scripture, Buddha said:

"For person who diligent in good deeds, virtuous dear to both human and deities, when died, the deities come, greet, and receive the person happily and with great joy, as if a family members receiving each others dearly."