1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

Where to wrap gold in singapore?

Discussion in 'Accessories & Equipments' started by aeriummm, 2 May 2016.

1. Lamergod

Lamergod Registered Member

So Jina, may i know where do you wrap your amulet in Bangkok ? I'm planning to wrap my LP Sin KP.

2. Jina

Jina Registered Member

Depend what type of gold or design or custom made or ready made plus does they have your case ready made . In Bkk u can try mbk ( good gold ) but people will say ex cause singaporean don't compare happy to happy . Mbk mostly use 90% gold or 85% . U can try traphrachan , Chinatown , pantip or bangkapi. Sometimes my casing I will ask my Thai dealer help me do which is outskirts of Bkk

3. Jina

Jina Registered Member

All the places I quote all I do before cause certain case only certain places has it.

4. Jina

Jina Registered Member

Let u know , mostly 90% gold will be openable casing . The cost will be above 1k sgd even do in Bkk. Cause will need a lot of gold . 70% gold will turn bronze easily so best is get 85% gold

nitro0604 likes this.
  5. Lamergod

May i ask you a noob question ? May i know 916 is how many percentage gold ? I plan to wrap normal standard design not needed for custom. Haha

6. Jina

Jina Registered Member

916 are 91.6% gold which u see in Singapore gold shop. Thai normal are 70% , 80-85% or 90% . As for standard got to depend if the shop got the size for your amulet . If don't have u need to try . After try 5 to 10 shops all don't have means is u got to custom made . Custom made doesn't mean must be design , it can be the amulet shape and sizes are not popular in Thailand thus u need to spend more money and time. Another thing is , workmanship cost is also a cost they don't tell u . So in Bkk is u ask how heavy the weight of gold and price that's all. What is the breakdown u don't really know unless u speak Thai and ask them explain to u . Another thing , 916 and 999 gold is not applicable in Bkk . Is only spore and msia .

7. Lamergod

Thank you Jina for sharing with this piece of information with me. Cheers.

8. Jina

Jina Registered Member

You are welcome . I am a novice also . I just share what I know . There are a lot of experts or senior here . Maybe they happen to see will teach even more stuff . Enjoy your gold casing hunting . Cheers

9. Edwinpks

Edwinpks Registered Member

Personally, I felt that those Thai gold which has lesser gold content (eg 70~80%) tends to tarnish more easily. I prefer to use 916 gold no doubt it cost more. However, the workmanship here may not as good comparing to that in Thailand. 916 gold also more valuable here.

10. shao_ken

shao_ken Registered Member

Actually I got a friend who wants to wrap Thai gold for her amulet. But I told her, u go MBK the shops anyhow chop carrot head if you can speak Thai or don't know the market well.
    In the end she use the 925 silver case.

11. fazhu

fazhu Registered Member

You can get good gold in Chinatown in Bangkok or Chiangmai. Is best to make minimum 1 baht weight gold. Those less than 1 baht is for average people. If you want good workmanship gold, choose weight 1 baht or more. You can really see the difference.

12. jensen3112

jensen3112 Registered Member

I'm sorry bro...this I don't agree...there is a reason why gold casing have differing standards in Thailand...there is one to meet each person's budget and style...if I go by your reasoning, then the minimum I'm going to spend is $1K on a casing regardless of size just based on the weight and quality...

I agree there is a difference but some people don't necessarily want that...

Also I want to set some expectations on this thread...MBK or Chinatown or any gold shop in BKK do not give different prices on the price of gold...they do so on workmanship...so please have a look at the details to see if you agree with their workmanship charges...if not in each area there are at least 3-4 shops that you can have a look at...

Personally, I feel that there is one shop on 2nd floor of MbK which is nearer to MONT Cafe that has good gold workmanship and the wrappers there are not too bad...of course if you have time to go down to Thaprachan or Pantip Sorng then check out Sak Da or Teng..IMHO the two best workmanship for Gols casing and open/close gold boxes for amulets...even Sianya's stuff is done by them sometimes...

13. kelefare

kelefare Registered Member

Sakda, Teng.... very nice workmanship but at a premium..
    IMO, i feel its worth it...

p.s, I'm not affiliated to the above goldsmith, just that i have gold made by them. totally worth it

14. Iewizgna

Iewizgna Registered Member

Hi... I know this is out of topic... but anyone got experience that the thai gold case turn abit purple or bronze in colour? How to save it or prevent it become worst?

15. Firebird79

Firebird79 Registered Member

Just use the ah ma powder to clean it. Available at chinese medical store.

16. tommyho

tommyho Premium Member Premium Member

I think this wrapping off gold amulets is always a talk here. 1st. Confirmed Thai gold is better than Singapore gold. Whatever it is 916. 18k 16k etc. Check with the pawnshops here, if a good pawnshop they ll tell you honestly the difference. 2nd. Exposure of copper or other material in the gold is common, not only Thai but it happens in Singapore if you buy from unpopular goldsmith shops. 3rd. Understood the workmanship is always better in Thailand, and cheaper. Though Singapore say workmanship is few dollars that is a lie, even factory produce there is no such thing as few dollars price. 4th. Even you add the cost of taxis etc. it's still cheaper in Thailand , unless you want people to carrot you,which I think most Singaporean does according to their behavior and talk. Always act smart , talk big, show off, bargaining, talk singles, one think I noticed most shop owners once they hear singlish , they will say carrots come already. Also they hate singlish , which we Singaporean are always proud of. 5th. We always behave as though we are advance country and our money is strong.
    My tips is, be generously good, if kana carrot, don't visit the shop again.
    2,, try to be as friendly as possible, no hanky Panky, just friendly.
    3, once done above, the next visit you receive good prices and perfect workmanship and advises whether is good to wrap your amulets in gold or not.
    4 they will keep to the promises, they made.
    5 understood if go to we'll established shops, you must pay the price.
    Happy shopping

doctor46, sylves7er and weeyong88 like this.
  17. natas

natas Registered Member

I stayed in BKK, visited many shops n asked the price, they are almost the same. Gold price will be displayed at the shop but if u dunno how to read, "ask". When choosing the casing, they will weight it and u roughly know how much the case worth. The main factor affecting the price is workmanship. No harm asking n nego if u want.

Frankly, no point go all the way to Chinatown unless u have your preferred shop. I did gold casing in Ratchada, Sukhumvit, MBK... good workmanship with reasonable price.

sylves7er and tommyho like this.
  18. Lamergod

Good morning pals,

How do you know if your gold casing contains of 90%, 80% or 70% gold ? can we prevent sharp katana from thr goldsmith ?

19. barrytkg

barrytkg Registered Member

Established gold shop will have gold purity stamped on the o ring

20. barrytkg

barrytkg Registered Member

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)