[Let's Discuss & Share!] What is your most powerful amulet ?

chriswm85

Registered Member
Lately I have been receiving enquiries on which is the most powerful amulet.

If all of us are agreeable that Buddha the enlighten one who is rank above the rest, why aren't we wearing the image of him to get protection shld we face danger ?

If monks pray to Buddha for help and assistance and we pray to the monks, why aren't we praying to the Buddha himself too ? After all we can see a chain link over here.

We see somdej, Lp sorthorn, Phra chinnarat, Phra Leela, Phra naprok , phra khun paen (applicable the buddha images only) aren't they the same Buddha we know of ?

In short we are spoilt for choices, hence, making it even harder to pick one and believe in. I was walking down the street and shopping centers of Bangkok and noticed that the average out there wear only 1 amulet on their neck.

Feel free to discuss discuss

9th

Registered Member
People fails to distinguish cultivation (buddhism) and amulets. And to see amulets are actually items charged with mantra, yantra...loosely can be categorised as "barang" either you like it or not. Please take not the word "barang" not necessarily denotes or has to be a yin entity!

joseph77

Registered Member
the amulet is only as effective as how much u believe it is.

Don't everyone used to get one effective amulet and keep wearing until one day, some one or you yourself decided to get another amulet... "suddenly" the old amulets effectives "dropped"?

If you think it is so good so effective, why wanna to get one more amulet to wear?

Upon reasoning is not applicable to amulet collector per say as they collect amulet rather than wearing them.
They are driven by the amulet value and vantage rather than its effectiveness..

facepalm

Registered Member
Whatever the "Association of Thai Buddha Image Appreciation" committee in Thailand says is most powerful, must be powerful indeed, because the prices of virtually unknown near worthless amulets can shoot up like a rocket. Now that defies gravity - signs of power.

I like Luang Phor Thuat images, but I suppose I have good days and bad days even with the amulet. Life still goes on.

HaveFaith

Registered Member
Think the most powerful amulet is the one which u think u can't leave ur house without wearing it.

If this is untrue for the above mean that one is still undecided which is the most powerful one or all of them are equally powerful to him.

Whichever the case, most important is to wear the amulet with respect n faith.

I_AM

Registered Member

If all of us are agreeable that Buddha the enlighten one who is rank above the rest, why aren't we wearing the image of him to get protection shld we face danger ?

If monks pray to Buddha for help and assistance and we pray to the monks, why aren't we praying to the Buddha himself too ? After all we can see a chain link over here.

We see somdej, Lp sorthorn, Phra chinnarat, Phra Leela, Phra naprok , phra khun paen (applicable the buddha images only) aren't they the same Buddha we know of ?

In short we are spoilt for choices, hence, making it even harder to pick one and believe in. I was walking down the street and shopping centers of Bangkok and noticed that the average out there wear only 1 amulet on their neck.

ourselves

yinchuun

Registered Member

I have read about this somewhere saying that Buddha is too busy with helping us into enlightenment, reaching Nirvana, going to heaven.. so we need somdej, Lp sorthorn, Phra chinnarat, Phra Leela, Phra naprok , phra khun paen and some barang to help us in our daily life. Unless we are focusing on enlightenment, reaching Nirvana, going to heaven, like the monk, then we should only wear Buddha...
Anyway this is what I read and also my personal opinion only.