[Off-Topic] Thoughts on T-Amulets certification?

Evahaha

Registered Member
T-Amulets first opened in thailand and then recently in April, they opened a branch in Singapore.
I have heard good and bad about them and would like to hear what AF have to share about them.
Apparently T-Amulets are all verified by one guy, and in singapore, how they verify it is by taking photos of your amulets and send them to the guy in thailand for verification, and surprisingly his verification only takes about 10-20 seconds..

Their facebook page in thailand is quite popular base on the review and feedbacks by thais themselves...

chk forum rule before posting

Last edited by a moderator:

Youzhe

Registered Member
T-Amulets first opened in thailand and then recently in April, they opened a branch in Singapore.
I have heard good and bad about them and would like to hear what AF have to share about them.
Apparently T-Amulets are all verified by one guy, and in singapore, how they verify it is by taking photos of your amulets and send them to the guy in thailand for verification, and surprisingly his verification only takes about 10-20 seconds..

Their facebook page in thailand is quite popular base on the review and feedbacks by thais themselves...

chk forum rule before posting
By taking all the photos of different kinds of amulets and by sending to the guy in thailand, how can the guy have all the knowlegde to verify all diff sorts of thai amulets? (Mr know it all)? And how to verify purely by looking at the photos?

Registered Member
Mr T has to give way to Samakom Cert... He has to respect Mr. P and his gang.

Personally, Mr T is very good in promote his image but not many buy his way of doing it.

I heard HK shop is almost non-related anymore. Waiting for signed contract to expire for dropping the T name.

Youzhe

Registered Member
I deem T amulet not able to verify all amulets of its genuinity as there are more than thousand / millions of thai amulets in the industry. Can't really trust. Got cert does not mean real, no cert does not mean fake too:)

Wonderer

Registered Member
Hello Guys, need your expertise and advice, I have been seeing this types of Amulets in Facebook, are this really from Thailand ??
Quite sure this is not a Thai Amulet. This is what they call "Vegvisir" in Nordic culture, it is considered a runic magic compass. Can wiki it up if you're interested.

Wonderer

Registered Member
Anyway back to topic, I believe T-Amulet does have its credibility. But because it's competitors (SMK,TPC) are really more famous and well established in the market, T-Amulet certs tends to take a back seat.

But regarding the knowledge of Mr Tone, I believe he has the knowledge to verify most common amulets that are traded in the market. Even if he doesn't know a certain type of amulet, he does have the backing of a team of sien phra to help him. Same goes for Boy Thaprachan, he might not know every amulet in existence, but he knows enough people to help him verify when he needs to.

Youzhe

Registered Member
Anyway back to topic, I believe T-Amulet does have its credibility. But because it's competitors (SMK,TPC) are really more famous and well established in the market, T-Amulet certs tends to take a back seat.

But regarding the knowledge of Mr Tone, I believe he has the knowledge to verify most common amulets that are traded in the market. Even if he doesn't know a certain type of amulet, he does have the backing of a team of sien phra to help him. Same goes for Boy Thaprachan, he might not know every amulet in existence, but he knows enough people to help him verify when he needs to.
I have met Mr Tone in person, he does have the knowledge on some amulets but can't be most amulets, even if he does have his sien phra to assist, one can't confirm which is fake / genuine since there are more than thousand / millions of thai amulets from ancient times till today in the industry. Don't them me all of them know it all which is utterly rubbish. Got cert does not means genuine, having say that unable to certify with any certification does not mean fake either. Even SMK,TPC can't even be trusted at times.

drizzt

Registered Member
I think believing in certification in naive... amulet certification associations and amulet competition organisers/associations are about politics, business and money. Not about amulet knowledge and certainly not about Buddhism.

Verification of amulets? The best judges I know can only be judges for selected categories i.e. specific masters or specific phra. No judge can be an expert and verify in all categories. This is not possible.

When it comes to verification, there are 2 components: (1) knowledge & expertise; and (2) honesty & integrity. You need to find someone who satisfies both. If he has no specific expertise in the specific amulet you require verification, then his opinion is worth zero. If he is an expert for that specific category, you got the right person to start with. Next question is honesty & integrity of the judge. Sad to say, seen too many who either (1) has no knowledge or (2) has knowledge but willing to certify for a 'price' or due to 'commercial' pressure exerted on him.

So T-Amulet...is about as good or as bad as the rest around....believe what you will :)

tommyho

Registered Member
This subject of certifications, real or fake is a very big subject. eg. I was given by a WRK old Monk and respected at the temple, a similar Somdez WRK but not really made by WRK temple. So how to justify saying it's a WRK Somdez. Understood no one will given a certificate as a WRK somdez. It is to me is a WRK somdez as it is similar, got it from a senior Monk and from WRK temple.
Very argumentive,and how to justify, the certification person not qualify, for the somdez has the same effect as the originals and as a received person is happy . Haha how ?

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

tommyho

Registered Member
I said it once I'll say it again. Smk or what other certs can't be trusted anymore.
It's true xx few years back, there are few Thai guys came to FLS shop claiming to be from recognise organizations of Thailand and able to justified real n fake amulets, charging $25.00 per amulet. I have 5 amulets but in gold frames. Never even taking the frame out or use magnifying glass to look at it ,say all are fakes. I got the shock of my life. But NVM xx I say since I paid $125.00 can you give me letters to say it's fake . They say no, they don't give fakes amulets letters.they only give real amulets letter. Since then I never ever trust people who claim their knowledge of all amulets.
Basically ,if amulets they never see before or they don't know, that amulets are fakes. Hahaha, that's means most of my amulets are fakes.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Wonderer

Registered Member
Indeed, it's a very touchy subject when it comes to amulet verification.

I think it's best for collectors/amulet fans to pick up your loupe, arm yourselves with a good reference book and listen to lots of seniors (listen then research yourselves, don't take all they say as the gospel truth), but most importantly, start slow, start with entry level amulets and slowly make your way up to top level amulets (Yod Niyom). That way, you can get ample chance to see/touch real amulets before proceeding to pieces that are nearly untouchable for most collectors.

Like what Mr Tone had said over and over, "Use your eyes to buy amulets, not your ears, stories are blown up to make you buy into it"

PS. Not exact quote by Mr Tone, but that's the gist of his advise to most collectors

drizzt

Registered Member
Indeed, it's a very touchy subject when it comes to amulet verification.

I think it's best for collectors/amulet fans to pick up your loupe, arm yourselves with a good reference book and listen to lots of seniors (listen then research yourselves, don't take all they say as the gospel truth), but most importantly, start slow, start with entry level amulets and slowly make your way up to top level amulets (Yod Niyom). That way, you can get ample chance to see/touch real amulets before proceeding to pieces that are nearly untouchable for most collectors.

Like what Mr Tone had said over and over, "Use your eyes to buy amulets, not your ears, stories are blown up to make you buy into it"

PS. Not exact quote by Mr Tone, but that's the gist of his advise to most collectors
Good advice :) Sadly, even from old days, most people collect by ears not eyes. Listen to dealers, listen to friends....nowadays worse, listen or read on forums like AF where you don't even know the person giving his opinion.

Those who collect by eyes with knowledge of the amulet specifics like mould, material, number of pieces...those real collectors are probably 1 in a 1000. Most are just happy to buy on hearsay i.e. listen to some fanciful marketing story and buy to wear thinking life is gonna be smooth, gonna strike the next grand prize in a lottery, gonna get lucky in some romantic encounter or worse, gonna be invulnerable to knives and firearms.