[Let's Discuss & Share!] Thai Amulets and Sakyant Showcase

Ah-B

Registered Member
Haha..ask people showhand first then say you go nothing.....evil
Thread starter mah, so must showcase first haha.. when I got time I will show those amulets that are gifted to me through friends, brothers and lp. But I doubt the adjective "showcase" can applied to me coz all my gifted amulets are normal types, not those super collectibles.

Wonderer

Registered Member
When you're lazy to send your amulet to a wrapper. You just wrap it in plastic bag and wear it. Not recommended for more expensive amulets hahaha.

Rian Luang Phor Pang,
Wat UdomKongKhaKiriKhet
Made for Wat ThamPuPhaDaeng
BE2512 (Same year as LP's more famous Rian Roon Raek)

"Ah Beng" amulet of Eastern Thailand

Another legendary master of the Isaan region from the lineage of Tan Ajahn Sao & Tan Ajahn Mun

Amuletee

Registered Member
When you're lazy to send your amulet to a wrapper. You just wrap it in plastic bag and wear it. Not recommended for more expensive amulets hahaha.

Rian Luang Phor Pang,
Wat UdomKongKhaKiriKhet

Another legendary master of the Isaan region from the lineage of Tan Ajahn Sao & Tan Ajahn Mun
Hi bro Wonderer, am just curious and wanted to find out why you call this Rian as “Ah Beng” amulet of eastern Thailand??

Wonderer

Registered Member
Hi bro Wonderer, am just curious and wanted to find out why you call this Rian as “Ah Beng” amulet of eastern Thailand??
Some amulets are known to bestow the wearer with invulnerability and avoidance from danger (Kong Krapan & Klaew Klad). These types of amulets are naturally favoured by gangster during that era.

Amulets blessed by LP Pang (Especially first batch) gained fame due to the such feedback from gangsters active in the Isaan region.

For central region, I believe LP Plai of Wat GamPaeng is also a master famous for amulets that can "bestow" invulnerability.

But but but, please take it with a grain of salt. Wear it because you respect/like/have faith in the master, not because you're going to chiong disco tonight and want to get "Best Fighter of the night" award.

PS: Another fun fact. Thai people believe you should avoid alcohol when wearing LP Pang amulets, if not, the amulet would just disappear while the necklace is intact on your neck hahaha.

Ah-B

Registered Member

Rian Luang Phor Pang,
Wat UdomKongKhaKiriKhet

See all these old amulets photos like jin power. Got any history or stories to share share?

Wonderer

Registered Member
See all these old amulets photos like jin power. Got any history or stories to share share?
The piece I shown not much stories. But if the one posted by Bro Valen is the first batch. Then that one is the batch with all the colourful stories.

Some stories are about the amulet helping to "block" bullets. I'll go read up some and see if I can do a English summary here.