1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

sattha altar

Discussion in 'Altar Galleria' started by kurty, 21 March 2014.

1. kurty

kurty Registered Member

after what have been told and adviced:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

next week, going bkk, hopefully i can find something like a bodhi tree or lotus painting which can be used as a background

betta66, 9th and Buddho like this.
  2. kurty

kurty Registered Member

some beautiful artworks that i saw online, not cheap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. lonewolf1205

lonewolf1205 Registered Member

bro where did u get your buddha?

4. Raghav

Raghav Registered Member

The second Pic with the buddha under the tree damn nice... looks like a good pic since ur layer of coating is red as well..

kurty likes this.
  5. Alan9688

Alan9688 Registered Member

Which one u mean

6. aqcmme

aqcmme Registered Member

Bro 9th but buddha is sitting centre right, how did u arrive at the female have more say?
    I have seen altar with guan yin ma centre, pek gong and san chai tong zi at the sides, and the mother is indeed has all the say.

9th likes this.
  7. 9th

9th Registered Member

Is the right-side spacing and left-side spacing of the altar that denote the Green Dragon and White Tiger in the fengshui which translate to male and female master of the house. Is not about the bucha type, but is how the altar space being used and crowded. Sometime the mother dominant is also bcoz of the certain sector of the house being enhanced that benefited the mother or in some, the father sector being victimised.

aqcmme likes this.
  8. aqcmme

aqcmme Registered Member

So open altar denotes strength, while clutter deminishes? You are saying 坤 and 乾 sector for mum n father?

9th likes this.
  9. 9th

9th Registered Member

1. Partly so, it depends on the whole setup and surrounding. I won't be using a specific people FS to examplify, hope you understand. If the burning desire still there, please PM :)
    2. Yes

aqcmme likes this.
  10. aqcmme

aqcmme Registered Member

bro 9th, its never my intention for specific personnel's example and my understand of yijing is mediocre at best, so i hope i did not make a fool of myself. i am eager to learn if you are willing to impart. :) Yours seem to be a combination of several 'schools' but i guess i will continue in PM.

Bro Kurty, sorry to have hijacked your thread. That Phra Buddha from India is still one of the most beautiful i have seen till this day.

kurty, amuletseeker and 9th like this.
  11. 9th

9th Registered Member

The altar would be lovely if add on with a projector spot light from ceiling :)

aqcmme likes this.
  12. lonewolf1205

bro the buddha sitting in the middle where did u rent it from?

13. kurty

kurty Registered Member

yeah, agree but didn't proceed as it gonna cost to do a false ceiling with projector light..
    instead, we choose a chandelier, something more comfortable to wallet ;)

9th likes this.
  14. kurty

kurty Registered Member

yeah, few days ago, i went to BKK..
    hunt around but no luck..

finally get to wat nok after KIV for few years.. beautiful phra phom but just too big for altar..

well, see when i got affinity to find the most suitable wall painting for the altar

Raghav likes this.
  15. kurty

kurty Registered Member

its a long story and its affinity..

i saw the bucha in one of my visits to my regular temple, it caught my eyes immediately.
    went to seek clarification from my master and was told that the owner had left the bucha for chanting and blessing.

over 6 months, i came almost every week to admire, pray and chant.

one fine day, i decided to check with master again about the bucha and was told that the owner had decided to donate to temple, which was very sudden.
    took the liberty and rent it, master was kind, knowing that i was in bad shape during that time..
    i donated whatever i had on me.

sharing some detailed pics of the bucha and its setup.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

during my free time, i took the effort to give multiple coating of lanquer to protect and preserve the condition.

All the buchas in the altar, were bound by affinity.

For guan yin, we been hunting around and often dampen by the cost.. finally saw one while oversea and it fit the theme, gold.
    Sivali, i was told by master that it too, has a blend of mixed cultures, india, thai, myanmar.
    Chinnaraj, it was my wishlist to rent one from the famous wat in Phitsanulok.
    by chance, a forumer went and he offered assistance. he did this purely of out kindness and goodwill and i only pay the temple price. till date, we still in touch and I'm very grateful to him ;)

aqcmme likes this.
  16. jais

jais Registered Member

what is the gold (left side) and silver (right side) color "Triangle and Round" shapes item?

17. jais

jais Registered Member

beautiful.

18. lonewolf1205

its beautiful bro

19. kurty

kurty Registered Member

Good question, I also don't really know..

But I was told it represent gold and silver. Probably gold and solved umbrella?

someone Pls enlighten us

20. Xiao Qiang

Xiao Qiang Registered Member

Many many years ago, I did ask someone about these items. I think it was the FLS owner (before the shop became popular) told me it represent the sun (gold) and moon (Silver). The Sun is placed on East, the Moon is placed on West....something like that. Need to verify. Thailand people will know better.

kurty likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)