1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

[Let's Discuss & Share!] Phra Phom.

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by Rai-Jin, 3 November 2014.

1. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Registered Member

Hi all, just curious what is the most expensive or most famous phra phom now? i heard its a diamond shaped one.

2. DevilSinSura

DevilSinSura Registered Member

Most expensive - Phra Phrom Si Na Wat Sakae. From Ajahn Heng.

Most Famous - From past till now still Ajahn Heng.

Rai-Jin likes this.
  3. Rai-Jin

His phra phom looks like what one?

4. DevilSinSura

[​IMG]

Credits to Phra-Dee.com

weeyong88, chriswm85 and Rai-Jin like this.
  5. louis poon

louis poon Registered Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Rai-Jin

what is the market price now huh?

7. louis poon

around 400-450k thb for nice condition of a sliver piece. there are also yellow gold and rose gold but they are very rare and cost a million thb up for a nice condition.

Rai-Jin likes this.
  8. DevilSinSura

For Ac heng phra phrom, even u are willing to spend big money to buy, u might not even get the real deal.

Too much fake Ac Heng phra phrom in the market. Too dangerous to invest i should say unless u know what u are buying.

Rai-Jin likes this.
  9. louis poon

agreed. firstly must have trustable dealer contact with money back guarantee if fake. secondly must go for a few big competition yourself. if these competition they take in then should be no problem. if fake they will reject straight away. normally archan heng phra phrom go in competition as long as condition not too bad, normally can get prizes

10. DevilSinSura

And dun forget, u buy such a expensive amulet u bear to wear? Buy 400-500k thb u bear to wear? What if one day "touch wood" ur amulet drop or robbed how?

There are many points to consider, not just buy for the sake of the value of the amulet. So what if a amulet costs 400-500k thb? U wear such a expensive amulet do u feel comfortable wearing such a high value amulet when u go walking down the streets?

I gurantee u that u wont feel comfortable wearing such a expensive amulet because we are all humans, we also scared of unexpected things that would occur to ur amulet. Eg. "Touch wood" ur amulet drop, got damaged. Ur heart will definitely pain.

My sincere advice is to rent amulets which are within ur budget and most importantly u must feel comfortable wearing. No point buying super high-end amulets and at the same time afraid of damages or being lost.

Rai-Jin likes this.
  11. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

I heard the first statue of Phra Phrom located at Bangkok (Erawan Shrine), is chanted / blessed by Archan Heng, after it was smashed in 21st March, 2006, by a a demented man. The second statue was bulit and blessed by others monks using the some mixture of gold, bronze, other precious metals and pieces from the original first statue. But it seems not as effective compared to the first ever statue chanted / blessed by Archan Heng.

12. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Actually to my understanding, Phra Phrom shall not be wore on our body or kept to pray at home, Phra Phrom suits more and shall be pray outdoor.

13. dusty2103

dusty2103 Registered Member

No intention of contesting this, but I have been wearing Phra phrom, all is well.

May I ask why is it not to be worn as amulet?

14. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Never mentioned to contest, good that you ask if any doubt, its all about about sharing knowledge and experience. According to my knowledge, Phra prom was cursed by Lord Siva in the past for his punishment, he shall not be worshipped in any temple nor any one who is born Hindu etc. Which is why Phra Prom is always situated outdoor. U can still place it indoor or even wear it as a amulet, apprently if you are not "pantang" or your you are comfortable with it all these while. Just sharing my two cents worth.

dusty2103 likes this.
  15. barrytkg

barrytkg Registered Member

16. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Nice Piece, made by which master?

17. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Bro Barry, may i check how do you upload photos in here? As i am unable to using photobucket.

18. theone

theone Registered Member

yup, the phra phom is really a difficult amulet to buy. the identification is on the yant behind which i think need very expert person to ID. btw, the yant behind is draw by lp see of wat sakae not by archan heng, if anyone is not aware.

i think so long as you don't wear a gold chain, the likelihood of being robbed is low. as for damage to the amulet, as long as you waterproof the metal amulets and put into a strong gold casing, it can withstand normal drop on the floor. if you want to wear expensive amulets, try to avoid powder piece as it is very fragile and easy to chip if you are not careful. for metal piece it is still ok...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)