[Let's Discuss & Share!] Official Luang Pu Thuad Discussion Thread

Barrybuddhist

Registered Member
Sharing my little knowledge

The authentic Gatha is akantimaya, not aganatimaya.

Namo Bodhisatto Akantimaya Iti Bhagava. X3

Meaning:
Namo Bodhisatto: I pay respect to the Bodhisatta

Iti Bhagava: Who is indeed One with much fortune*

Akantimaya: (invitation mantra) Reside in me.

All: I pay respect to the Bodhisatta, the One with much Fortune, (invite) please reside in me.

Fortune: In Buddhism, a person that able to attain sainthood is considered fortunate as he/she can be liberated from Samsara.

Due to the special quality of the Gatha, it can be used a Gatha Pluksek or Invitation chant for LPT image, regardless of batch or temple, making it ศักดิ์สิทธิ์ (effective and holy) equally.

But people might say the batch is blessed with certain masters therefore more powerful. For other amulets, it maybe so but for LPT image, the power lies in two factors only actually: The recitation of the Gatha and the ศรัทธา (Saddha or confidence) of the devotee towards master LPT.

Sangmo

Registered Member
Sharing my little knowledge

The authentic Gatha is akantimaya, not aganatimaya.

Namo Bodhisatto Akantimaya Iti Bhagava. X3

Meaning:
Namo Bodhisatto: I pay respect to the Bodhisatta

Iti Bhagava: Who is indeed One with much fortune*

Akantimaya: (invitation mantra) Reside in me.

All: I pay respect to the Bodhisatta, the One with much Fortune, (invite) please reside in me.

Fortune: In Buddhism, a person that able to attain sainthood is considered fortunate as he/she can be liberated from Samsara.

Due to the special quality of the Gatha, it can be used a Gatha Pluksek or Invitation chant for LPT image, regardless of batch or temple, making it ศักดิ์สิทธิ์ (effective and holy) equally.

But people might say the batch is blessed with certain masters therefore more powerful. For other amulets, it maybe so but for LPT image, the power lies in two factors only actually: The recitation of the Gatha and the ศรัทธา (Saddha or confidence) of the devotee towards master LPT.
Yes indeed as I normally recite Akantimaya as that was what was taught to me by Southern Abbots and monks.

What I had posted was just copy and paste from a Senior.

Sangmo

Registered Member
But I do wonder sometimes what exactly can the Bodhisatta / Bodhisattva in Sanskrit ( recognized by some ) Phra Luang Phu Thuad can do. As i do know that he is not fond of drunkards or those who drinks alcohol , gambles and do things which goes against the basic precepts of Buddhism.

Barrybuddhist

Registered Member
But I do wonder sometimes what exactly can the Bodhisatta / Bodhisattva in Sanskrit ( recognized by some ) Phra Luang Phu Thuad can do. As i do know that he is not fond of drunkards or those who drinks alcohol , gambles and do things which goes against the basic precepts of Buddhism.
What can LPT do?

ครอบจักรวาล สัพพะสิทธิ์

LPT don't have hatred and delusion Dy. So, he will not have such don't like and like stuff Dy. More to equanimity.

lobster

Registered Member
when my friend tell me.. wear LPT cannot drimk, cannot gamble, cannot do this, cannot do that, cause LPT dont like... must maintain the minimum 5 precepts... but i'm thinking isn't all these is the same for most of the mainstream amulets? Pidta, LPT, somdej, phra kring etc.. must do good, think good... in fact isn't this is the teaching?

got LP make somdej n infd layman saying nvr mind la.. can go gambling, go drink drank drunk... go do this go do that.. cause I bless the Somdej in such a way that the Somdej is ok with all the nonsense u do??

so sry.. my post dont mean anything.. Just my thought n 2cents view.. anyway I must admit, I'm one that not really cant uphold 100% of the basic precepts.. but of course not those really 杀人放火 things but I still like n wear only mainstream amulets.. I'm still a layman.. good thing happen thanks to the amulet popi popi.. not so good thing happen.. just take it as my karma.. life always got up and down...

Shackks

Registered Member
I actually spent the whole morning reading the whole thread of 991 posts and learnt so much about LP Thuad. So I thought of sharing what I have in here too. Not an impressive collection, but some had been with me for more than 10 years, while a couple just recent as a month ago.

I never knew I had an affinity with LP Thuad since more than 10 years ago. A very good friend of mine gave me this LP Thuad bucha but I never knew who is he nor I bothered to ask more. I had placed the bucha in the car and I was blessed by him throughout all these years.

I still remember an incident where my brother was admitted to hospital due to appendicitis and during his first night, he dreamt of an elderly man asking him why he was sleeping on his bed. He told us the next morning, and I took this bucha and placed it on the headrest of his bed. And, he slept well for the few nights until he was discharged.

This is one of my favourite piece of thai amulet:

I forgot when I got this LP Thuad bucha, but I had been wearing it for few years and stopped wearing recently as i felt that I'm being weighed down by 4 amulets on my neck. After reading thru the forum here, I guessed it's due to me arranging the amulet wrongly and thus causing all the discomfort. I wrongly placed the LP Thuad in the middle while the 2 sides are buddhist amulet. This one is now on my wife car since last Sunday, since someone told me that this is good to put in the car:

I guess this is LP Thuad amulet as well, as the person who gave me this did not tell me much about this amulet about 4-6 years ago. I hang this on my office table lamp, and whenever I face some issues at work, I would talk to him and somehow, I'm able to resolve the issue.
I like the smiling and peaceful face of this amulet and it gives me a calm feeling after looking at it. Sometime, I felt that he don't wish to speak to me as the LP Thuad side will turn to the other side and the Buddha side will face me.

I'm considering to have this cased in a waterproof casing and put it in my car as I'll be leaving this company soon due to closure.

Sorry if this is not LP Thuad.

I had a couple of this, and thru the google translate app, I guess it's the LP Thuad from Wat Chang Hai, BE 2555. But I may be wrong.

So I really appreciate if anyone can help to ID this LP Thuad amulet.

The below LP Thuad amulet also given to me together with the above amulet, but in just a ziploc plastic. Observing the details on the robe, I guess these are different from the above amulet. I also came with a "manual" for this amulet:

Apologies if any of the above is not of LP Thuad's as I'm still very new in identifying these amulets. I will be very thankful if any seniors here can share some info on those I shared above.

Cheers.

Heard and Shown on Malay Newspaper..

LP Thuad, The Great Boddhisatva help someone and LP Cure his Cancer..

He was dreamed about LP Thuad and build a temple in Gerik.
Now the mystery about where LP Thuad Parinibana has been solved..

The place in Malaysia, should come in there..

Shackks

Registered Member
Heard and Shown on Malay Newspaper..

LP Thuad, The Great Boddhisatva help someone and LP Cure his Cancer..

He was dreamed about LP Thuad and build a temple in Gerik.
Now the mystery about where LP Thuad Parinibana has been solved..

The place in Malaysia, should come in there..
Is the temple in Ayer Kala, Lenggong?
Do you have the copy of the news report?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk