[Let's Discuss & Share!] Official Lersi Discussion Thread

Before I start collecting amulets my friend showed me youtube video of Lersi Sompit filling cauldron with cooking oil, boiling it, and sitting down inside to meditate o_O Very impressive to see for someone who never knew miracles of Thai monks and Lersi. So far I never got any of his amulet though.

axlrose

Registered Member
Before I start collecting amulets my friend showed me youtube video of Lersi Sompit filling cauldron with cooking oil, boiling it, and sitting down inside to meditate o_O Very impressive to see for someone who never knew miracles of Thai monks and Lersi. So far I never got any of his amulet though.
circus tricks. this trick has been debunked before. same as those holding on to leklais and use lighter burn hand but nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axlrose

Registered Member
Really? How does he do it then? It definitely looked like real boiling oil.
https://www.scmp.com/culture/articl...ebunk-sweating-crystals-boiling-oil-and-other

So he set out to prove it. The monk’s pot, he noticed from watching a video of the event, was oddly shaped, with a large, flat rim attached to a round bowl, resembling an upturned flying saucer. The vat, Jessada surmised, had been made with an inner layer for insulation against the heat.
In his lab, Jessada half-filled a jar with water, poured palm oil in it, and placed the jar on a hot plate. He waited a while and found he could still dip a finger safely into the oil on top, as the water absorbed the heat. The oil only seemed to be boiling because of air bubbles from the water rising to the top.

“Many monks have been using this kind of trick for years,” Jessada says

https://www.scmp.com/culture/articl...ebunk-sweating-crystals-boiling-oil-and-other

So he set out to prove it. The monk’s pot, he noticed from watching a video of the event, was oddly shaped, with a large, flat rim attached to a round bowl, resembling an upturned flying saucer. The vat, Jessada surmised, had been made with an inner layer for insulation against the heat.
In his lab, Jessada half-filled a jar with water, poured palm oil in it, and placed the jar on a hot plate. He waited a while and found he could still dip a finger safely into the oil on top, as the water absorbed the heat. The oil only seemed to be boiling because of air bubbles from the water rising to the top.

“Many monks have been using this kind of trick for years,” Jessada says
Could be, no doubt there are many fakers out there. However sticking ones finger into a jar in a lab doesn't prove anything. If he stuck his finger into the monk or lersi's cauldron and came out unscathed then I would accept his statement. Curious that he didn't have enough courage to try.

Hello,

Here is the video I referred to earlier:

At about 3:50 you can see laymen frying eggs on the boiling oil. Also, this kettle lacks the extended lips as seen in the news article, in fact it seems like an ordinary cooking pot. I am not convinced that this is fake or a trick.

Sangmo

Registered Member
Hello,

Here is the video I referred to earlier:

At about 3:50 you can see laymen frying eggs on the boiling oil. Also, this kettle lacks the extended lips as seen in the news article, in fact it seems like an ordinary cooking pot. I am not convinced that this is fake or a trick.
I did not see the lay men frying eggs , they just place whole eggs from plastic bags into the areas around him.