[Let's Discuss & Share!] Official Chinese Occult Discussion (道教神秘法术) and (茅山道术)

bakeneko

Registered Member
But if you know literature about Chinese talismans , well it would interest me on english.

Source No. 1 is the Chinese almanach. There are 3 sections on charms and the book itself is considered a charm.

2. Tao Magic: The Secret Language of Diagrams and Calligraphy by Laszlo Legeza (apparently this author also wrote at least one other book on the subject)

3. I forgot his name now, but there is also a person who wrote a rather big reference work about fu. Just Fu and an no additional info though. There is also a book with Fu taken from the Daoist canon, but the same problem appears.

To sum it up: There are not many source on the actual how to...and most of the available ones are crap :heehee:

bakeneko

Registered Member
I knew this site already before...
For some due defence: With promoting or not, this site has some good ressources and the founder also has other means of income, so he does not need to cheat people as one might suspect. He also distributes Fu for a donation and is apparently active in charity work etc.
The actual problem is if you can make the information you get work. And IMO this is something totally up to the individual. In the past I made things work that supposedly required a initiation (which I never took in this life), but such things vary from individual to individual and on what else one practices and ones cultivation - in short: your results may vary.

zazen

Registered Member
bearbear,

You are mistake with this thing in contact.aggressively promoting”.
Many people are searching suits literature , but they do not agree on an English language. The thing is about this.
It is impossible to find -only little- and not it that the practice of making talisman/fu.
Wilson Yong books imply the practice.
From your answer visible, that you have’nt any kind of experience regarding the topic.
For me it is enough, if you do not speak to the thing. Ha-ha.

zazen

Registered Member
Hi bakeneko,

" I live in Europe, can you give an address to me, from where Chinese Almanach can order ?
I read Laszlo Legeza book, anyway he Hungarian Benedictine monk and I am Hungarian.
About Wilson Yong: you read one of his books?

warlockSG

Registered Member
i mean the student must take up deadly swear. and the master is like a gurantor to the student. am i right?
its the other way around for the gurantor thing, i leave it to you to interpret it
:smilie:

Source No. 1 is the Chinese almanach. There are 3 sections on charms and the book itself is considered a charm.

2. Tao Magic: The Secret Language of Diagrams and Calligraphy by Laszlo Legeza (apparently this author also wrote at least one other book on the subject)

3. I forgot his name now, but there is also a person who wrote a rather big reference work about fu. Just Fu and an no additional info though. There is also a book with Fu taken from the Daoist canon, but the same problem appears.

To sum it up: There are not many source on the actual how to...and most of the available ones are crap :heehee:
the chinese almanach has some "fu" that does not requite initiation to work

contary to most popular beliefs and myths
taoist magic and the taoist belief/practise is two separate thing

you can term taoist magic as the military wing, while the taoist belief/practise is the civilian wing

as such, not all taoist do taoist magic

in regards to all the "fu" books that is circulating out there, written by chinese and ang mohs alike, all of them have very simple "frame" (most of them are fakes). even the real ones lack a few stroke here and there ( in the actual frame itself ), they also lack the "katha" and the 花字 ( the chinese characters that the user write on top of each other to make a illegible blot ). not forgetting the actual wooden seal to "stamp" on the fu and also the secretive writtings at the back of the fu.

lastly there is an accompanying "fu" to each fu. a practitioner will know what i talking about.

so save your money, not going to get any useful info from the books out there, speaking from experience

:smilie:

bearbear

Registered Member
warlock, are those fu that's burned and mixed with water for people to drink one for real?
becos i see those taoist priest anyhow use zhu sha draw few stroke on yellow strip of paper then burn n give people drink liao, like anyhow one :x
and btw, are there any reasons why most fu we see are in yellow strip of paper?

bakeneko

Registered Member
There are other colors also (can't recall now which it are, but for instance red and green are among them). They are for different purposes and related to different elements. Yellow is center and somewhat general.
So much for what I remember right now...:heehee:

Fu/talismans for drinking are "for real". In the lineage I practice it is usually for exorcism, protection or healing though (should be same for Daoist sects from what I know).

bakeneko

Registered Member
" I live in Europe, can you give an address to me, from where Chinese Almanach can order ?
I read Laszlo Legeza book, anyway he Hungarian Benedictine monk and I am Hungarian.
About Wilson Yong: you read one of his books?
I did read Mr. Yongs book, yes.
For the almanach: This is the first English translation that was available
Amazon.com: Tung Shu: The Ancient Chinese Almanac (9780712611275): Martin (editor, translator) Palmer: Books
It is quite easily available from used books sites and also amazon market place. It has a translation of the additional chapters that do not change, but abridges a lot. Since the almanach does not provide much information about these chapters it is interesting for Chinese also (according to my gf).

Buddho

Registered Member
No 符头 no 符胆 and also no 印, those talisman u see in the books won't be able to jalan. Other than those general talisman, most 符法 require the person writing to be initiated into the respective Maoshan lineage.

zazen

Registered Member
I have a trouble with „Zhu sha „ I know, that of two kinds exists, one contain mercury, the other kind is made of plants.I do not know the Latin and Chinese name of the suitable plant. Can you help with this thing?
In Europe prohibited to distribute on all of them mercury content paint. We know that the mercury is exceptionally bad for the health even through the leather , in the organization accumulating, like this dubious it is, to drink may be even more harmful.

No 符头 no 符胆 and also no 印, those talisman u see in the books won't be able to jalan. Other than those general talisman, most 符法 require the person writing to be initiated into the respective Maoshan lineage.
Maoshan is not the only lineage that practices 符法. Lv Shan(闾山), Zheng Yi(正一) all have their forms of 符法. Not all talisman have to be in the standard structure of 符头, 符身 and 符胆. There are also many without 符头. Just sharing my two cents worth..

Buddho

Registered Member
I know there are other schools as well. I m just speaking from a maoshan perspective since it is e dominant tradition in this region. All of e other schools which did not leave China in e past have died out on e mainland today.

Buddho

Registered Member
I have a trouble with „Zhu sha „ I know, that of two kinds exists, one contain mercury, the other kind is made of plants.I do not know the Latin and Chinese name of the suitable plant. Can you help with this thing?
In Europe prohibited to distribute on all of them mercury content paint. We know that the mercury is exceptionally bad for the health even through the leather , in the organization accumulating, like this dubious it is, to drink may be even more harmful.
We never use zhusha with mercury cos we have to eat e talismans. We”d be killing ourselves if we used e poisonous type!

bakeneko

Registered Member
It is possible to obtain the ingridients in other ways also though. I would not drink, even though the talisman is burned first. For other uses it is very good though. Also there is no real consent on how much cinnabar one would need to use AFAIK.
Personally I even had good results with charcoal.

sadsad

Registered Member
I know there are other schools as well. I m just speaking from a maoshan perspective since it is e dominant tradition in this region. All of e other schools which did not leave China in e past have died out on e mainland today.
bro, u have yet to see the world out there :heehee::heehee:

sadsad

Registered Member
Maoshan is not the only lineage that practices 符法. Lv Shan(闾山), Zheng Yi(正一) all have their forms of 符法. Not all talisman have to be in the standard structure of 符头, 符身 and 符胆. There are also many without 符头. Just sharing my two cents worth..
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

sadsad

Registered Member
can i ask, zhu sha are being used in the past as medicine to cure many sickness. how is it poisonious?

just because it contains mercury? it just something that cant be eaten excessively, dont tell me u burn tailsman to drink everyday?

nowadays people dont use it is because it is hard to get it in the market, even if they can, it would be expensive too.