1. Premium Banner Advertising

2. Premium Membership

Premium Membership

Dear all, 

Please note that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds. Click to upgrade your account today!

Love Hate Relation with GMC Lee

Discussion in 'The Hall of Fame & Shame' started by lubinhua, 15 December 2016.

1. lubinhua

lubinhua Registered Member

When i first found out about Thai Amulet, i got my Second amulet from him. That was around 2010. it was a LP Dum's Pitda. Back then, the way to go to his shop at Golden Mile is to take MRT to Lavender station and walk to Golden Mile. But his shop timing is until 3 to 5pm depending. Sometime i will go all the way there and find his shop close. But his eye for amulets is unbeatable. He is the first in Singapore to start selling many now well-known Master amulets. Back then these LP and Ajarn are not so known to Singaporean and he is first to sell their items. LP Dum's amulets: Coffin Nail Tarkut, KMT, Rians, Lersi(He still have a first batch KMT and some Lersi left, saw it today.) Ajarn Num's temple bell AC Puvon(He is the first to sell it in Singapore) LP ThongDum's Khun Paen. Back then, he is selling LP ThongDum's KP back boxes load. He have big box of 2nd batch KP, 5 tarkuts and 3 tarkuts. He sell them for really cheap price back then, and i got a 3 tarkut from him back then. After a while, i stop going cause of the long walk.

Then, downtown line started and Nicoll Highway started and the station is just beside Golden Mile. It is until last few week when i decide to pay him a visit again. He is still fat as before and his shop is still well a bit messy. Shopping in his shop is not a easy task as he doesn't label his amulet so it is really a test of your skills. i have joked with his that his shop is a great place to start for amulet novice cause of his cheap price for beginner amulets and a test of eye power for advanced amulet collectors. He have a bloody memory of a elephant cause he can remember which master made the amulets in his shop. Anyway, when i search around his shop, first thing i found was a LP ThongDum's 2nd batch Somdej, co-chat with LP Toh in 2521 or 2522. Took one immediately. Then LP Sawat's KP, 3 different old batch KP. Found LP Dum's old Lersi, Ajarn Thong's Rian, LP Sin's KP, LP Leng's KP. And just i have finished paying for what i want, i saw a small black KP. i took it and ask him whose made one.

me: Lee, who made one?
    Lee: Promma
    me: Promma....hmmmmm
    Lee: LP Promma made Lersi one
    me: Promma ....Lersi....Lersi... Promma...F**K... LERSI PROMMA?
    Lee: Lersi Promma also known as LP Promma
    me:F**K i anyhow take 1 KP also can find Lersi Promma's KP....(Thinking to myself)
    me...speechless..liao...
    me: Lee..u cannot like this tempt me one leh, anyhow take 1 KP can find Lersi Promma
    Lee:I dont know u like LP Promma. This one long time ago one, just found recently.
    Me: Shop so messy, any how dig also can find Lersi Promma..speechless.....
    Me:hold first next week then take
    Lee:On

Today, i went over to his shop and got the Lersi Promma's KP and a LP Leng's KP and 2 tiger amulets and a Somdej from a LP Tok. i told Lee that i havent been to his shop for 3 to 4 years and in 2 weeks, i spend more in his shop for amulet then i did for the past few years.

His shop is a recommended for those looking to see lots of different amulets from 2520 to current. If you are into specific amulets like Khun Paen or Somdej, can ask him recommend also. The guy got a brain of a elephant and is a Thai amulets encyclopedia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tashlan

Tashlan Registered Member

Last I heard, he is suffering from some illness and doesnt open as often as before.

3. lubinhua

he got diabetic lah. go too much thailand and drink too much fata

4. DarkMind

DarkMind Registered Member

I haven't been to his shop for a long time either. Classic amulet dealer.

5. lubinhua

Got many good things in his shop but because he never label, unless u either know the amulet or ask him, u will not know who made one.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

6. shinobi

shinobi Registered Member

::shrugsonion::Could not agree more with bro Lubinhua. Gmc lee really one of the rare dealers locally whom got a good, wide range and honestly reasonable pricing. Most of the old timers here in AF whom have known gmc lee from earliest days would definitely agree on these points:D

According to my sources in amulet circle, gmc lee is indeed suffering from some serious illness and doesn't open shop often these days. Those newbies who have not had the good fortune to make the acquaintance of this almost legendary local dealer should try to pay him a visit soon before it's too late. As for old timers, go see an old friend and la kopi with him for old time's sake lah.

7. lubinhua

i dont think illness is the problem leh, the problem should be he got marry to pretty wife. :embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon:

8. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Thanks for sharing. What is his shop name? at which level? As I would like to visit.

9. adamteo

adamteo Registered Member

Golden Mile Complex Level 3. U turn from the escalator and walk straight. Think is 03-98F.

Ture and kaizhi87 like this.
  10. kaizhi87

kaizhi87 Registered Member

Weekend high chance open? or have to pm him?

11. lubinhua

he open mon to sat 11am to 3pm. sunday close

12. shinobi

shinobi Registered Member

He's actually closed on Sundays as well as Mondays. Donno if it's on doctor's advice or his ajarn's advice though::onionevilsmile::

13. Benson

Benson Registered Member

Or maybe 老板娘's advice;).....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)