[Off-Topic] Looking for a master to learn from in SG

jag

Registered Member
The biggest difference is the writing system IMO. And Lanna seems to have more necromantic stuff - just my impression, can easily be wrong.
I think it's only quite recently then they go very necromantic, have market n demand mah. In facts, they have very different cultures n tradition. Lanna culture follow the traditional Thai Yai which dates back to more than 1200 years n the ancient yant is also different from Cambodia khom....Burma, Laos n the most Northern Thailand share the same culture,tradition n teaching. While most part of Thailand the wicha are actually influence by Issan which are the gateway to Cambodia khmer tradition n wicha....just my two cents

GhostKing

Registered Member
of course lah. You Thought free?
If you want free, the only way is to become Buddhist monk in Thailand. Then you upgrade yourself to forest monk and you will learn more and more magic. Then after many years, you can create amulet and become famous.
The safest way, register to become monk in Thailand. No need to pay school fees or just pay minimal fees. You will not be conned there nor get backfired. So, learn from the start there.
Apa Ini Bro... 出家 be Bhikkhu is to experience for oneself Buddha's teaching and strive to end all suffering for oneself and others whatdat go learn magick if lucky Shifu like you and if he got learn he can teach but if he not specialize in magick? how abandon mission arh?...:confused:

yinchuun

Registered Member
Apa Ini Bro... 出家 be Bhikkhu is to experience for oneself Buddha's teaching and strive to end all suffering for oneself and others whatdat go learn magick if lucky Shifu like you and if he got learn he can teach but if he not specialize in magick? how abandon mission arh?...:confused:
most thailand monk knows magic. That's why some had disrobe and become Ajahn. For example, Kubra Subin is now Ajahn Subin. LP Man is now Arjahn Man....and so on.

chaos1914

Registered Member
Thanks everyone for your insights! Definitely learn something that i didnt once knew. Didnt knew it would that expensive. (everyone around me only know say not easy to learn, while at least u guys gave the reasons HOW it would be difficult to learn.)

slkw

Registered Member
Bro...

Not sure how your situation warranted you to pursue this path but I hope you'll find your soul mate soon.

Perhaps having some faith in yourself and the religion will help. Courtship takes some patience too u know.

You will find each other eventually...

Take it easy and happy new yr! May ur wish come true.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

bakeneko

Registered Member
Thanks everyone for your insights! Definitely learn something that i didnt once knew. Didnt knew it would that expensive. (everyone around me only know say not easy to learn, while at least u guys gave the reasons HOW it would be difficult to learn.)
The real issue is, you need to meet someone who can teach you and is willing to teach you. Money is really secondary. Most people who are in the know will not easily teach. Especially if you live at the same place. They would basically make you their competitor. This is why my teacher had no issue teaching me, and I got no real issue teaching - if the student does not live at the same place as me. Might sound weird, but makes sense if you think about it a bit.

bakeneko

Registered Member
So... it took me long me long enough to gather the courage to post this ...

Does anyone here knows of any legit masters in Singapore that accept disciples? I've been praying to many thai deities, researched much info online, messed up myself many times by dealing with all these praying stuff without proper guidance and realised that online tutorials cannot really be trusted. It is my interest since young to learn prayers, drawing of yants and also other thing in the thai buddhist culture. I plan to go long when I find a legit master.

I know this will take years and will need much effort. pls dont come and tell me "u sure u want to go this path?", "this path dangerous", "this path not easy", "dont anyhow learn" all these kind of stuff. i hear this from people around me for years and im sick of it already. So.. i would really appreciate if anyone here who is a disciple of any arjan that accepts disciples or anyone here that has knowledge on this, to recommend me a good master. If u dont know about anything, just dont come and stop me from what i am seeking for all these years...

One other truth my people are reserved about teaching is, that most guys claiming to want to learn and "seeking since years" are full of BS when it comes to actual action. They want to learn - but their way. No real motivation, no will to preserve. One little problem and they falter. Lots talk, no action.

chaos1914

Registered Member
The real issue is, you need to meet someone who can teach you and is willing to teach you. Money is really secondary. Most people who are in the know will not easily teach. Especially if you live at the same place. They would basically make you their competitor. This is why my teacher had no issue teaching me, and I got no real issue teaching - if the student does not live at the same place as me. Might sound weird, but makes sense if you think about it a bit.
omg totally unaware about the subsequent responses on this post until i searched about finding master again in AF.

anyways, I believe the competitor part will not apply in my case. I do not intend to be someone who will be selling such services or market myself as an archan or smth. I only want to learn all these for personal usage and also to have an understanding on such metaphysical stuff, the knowledge which I seek since 13 years old (10 years ago). Over the years I could only google or youtube, ask around, only to realise everyone has their own ways. It was almost impossible to find a path for a proper practice. Well what could I do? ownself find, ownself chant, ownself pray. I could only come up with a personal practice at the best of my knowledge. Every single time i pray i doubt if i am even doing anything near correct. Dont even know if my practices will be fruitful, or will be simply a waste of time because I am not even doing anything right, or even worst backfire in the future.

chaos1914

Registered Member
One other truth my people are reserved about teaching is, that most guys claiming to want to learn and "seeking since years" are full of BS when it comes to actual action. They want to learn - but their way. No real motivation, no will to preserve. One little problem and they falter. Lots talk, no action.
I dont know about the other guys, but I believe if there is a proper master or someone who can provide guidance on how to solve the problem, the problem will simply be a test and will be rewarding in terms of experience once it is overcome.