1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

[Let's Discuss & Share!] How to buy Thai amulets ?

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by chriswm85, 11 December 2016.

1. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim Premium Member

Well, it's been awhile since the last update here.

Why cheap can be too good to be true?
    We know there's something called temple price. Say if temple price or preorder price was around $400++ range, it is nearly impossible to see it being resell at a value of $200. No seller will want to cut their own flesh and bleed with a huge loss. If a person is able to find one, then I can say it is too good to be true. When buying cheap deals, the worse risk is to find out that the amulet is a remake or replicate piece. Do think twice as there's always a catch behind why the price tag is put until too low (suspicious). There could be a reason why Seller put this price tag to want to sell away badly. Good sellers will rather turn down this weak deal than bleed for a huge loss.

Why old amulets take 1-3 years to make one simple clay/powder like amulet?

In the old days, master use heart and sweat to find the ingredients one by one with effort , time and patience. The amulet will usually go through tremendous blessing before it is release to the public. We can see that recent new amulets are released fast, frequently and trendy. They are good if old amulets have become too expensive to own due to master passed away. Again lets think about if amulet can be make few months to consecrate so why did the old monks ever bother to waste so much time and energy to make in the past. There's a definitely a good reason why amulets that take years to make are in the competition ranking list.

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  2. chriswm85

Hi all, another update for Friday the 15th 十五。

With amulets pouring the social media on how good how fantastic the winnings, it become a norm to find it in Facebook pages, groups or other media form. One might be wondering about is it really true that wearing this amulet xx will make me win lottery, money and not make me poor.

Let me emphasize on the fundamental concept of amulets. Thai Amulets are made by monks to raise funds and to give to those who donate to wear for good luck and protection. Never have there been any monks who self claim that wear a particular amulet will become a millionaire/billionaire. If there is, I strongly urge one to think twice about committing their purchase. And those who said that as a form of advertisement I will call this it's just another business method call marketing. Got win sure got lose and that's life. Got sunny days and rainy days or cloudy days.

Yes, all of us could have a reason over why we choose to wear an amulet. We should not let amulets control our lives but rather we choose to lead how we want it to be. Don't ever feel that a normal Phim effect (experience) doesn't match with a high end Phim. As for me, protection from accidents and making new friends in the amulet circles.

Look at our fingers and toes they are never the same length. Each of us are different in our own ways.

Stay happy and enjoy the weekend. Hope this post reach to members who feel frustrated, confused, or just want to read to understand about amulets better.

sadjade5, Nit, weeyong88 and 4 others like this.
  3. EmbraceBuddhism

EmbraceBuddhism Registered Member

Great post especially the part on normal and high end phim. [emoji1303]

EmbraceBuddhism

AA BATTERY and chriswm85 like this.
  4. chriswm85

2 days back I reach some posts with regarding amulet transactions this days and that truly gave me a surprise. A seller wrote in post that there were bidders who were out for win and once they do this bidders will choose to go missing in action mode (block the sellers) from contacting them. This truly show the ugly sign of human nature, selfishness that make any one wonder why a person like this will even offer to join in the bid in the first place. We bid to show we are commit over a certain price and not to win for fun. It was also mentioned there were bidders who disappear after they found out another seller sell a lower pricing. This part I strongly feel bid at the amount that one is comfortable with.

⭐️⭐️⭐️
    Another post I saw was about a seller receiving feedback that amulets sold by this person is expensive. The person counter back by stating "money belong to you, amulet belong to this seller and is up to this person to sell how much he want. If you cannot afford, don't irritate this person, thank you." Then follow up with another "if you want cheap price, please go to other auctions or queue up at the temple to get".

At the end of the day, it's this buyer's own loss as trust will be lost forever. I see this as they will miss out even greater opportunities to own amulets sell by this sellers. If don't like, it's easy to say thank you and walk away rather then displaying such attitude/actions.

Last edited: 11 June 2017
    sadjade5 and weeyong88 like this.
  5. chriswm85

When we are thinking over that an amulet is expensive, those who know will seize the opportunity to buy it away. It also doesn't mean that you are able to find or buy it again in future. Once you miss this time, the amulet price may be higher than what you see today. Every one love to collect popular amulets and thus, result in the amulet value price to go up.

Amulets are limited made in quantities like 10, 50, 100 or etc. Good amulets don't wait on the shelf for too long. If miss this time to buy, then it might just be no affinity with the amulet.

当我们觉得某某牌贵时,懂的人一定会把握机会把牌给买下。有钱不一定买得到或者找得到你要的牌。错过了这一次,很有可能下一次价格更高。大家都喜欢收受欢迎的牌,这也造成牌的价格涨价。

牌的数量有限。好牌不等人,买不到的话就只能说是没缘分吧。

sadjade5 and weeyong88 like this.
  6. chriswm85

#您说佛牌贵不贵?
    真的很贵,好牌动辄过千,甚至上万。
    #您说佛牌便宜不便宜?真的便宜,佛牌选用的圣料,要经高僧大德精挑细选,甚至周游列国去收集,一个佛牌,要加持很长时间,凝集了无以言喻的法力祝福。
    #您说佛牌实惠不实惠,真的不实惠,一块小小的泥土,竟然飙到千元万元高价。
    #您说请牌值得不值得,真的值得,因为您用千元万元,请回了一生的守护,这个怎么能不值?
    总归一句话:
    佛牌非商品,佛法本无价。

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadjade5 and raw84 like this.
  7. chriswm85

Why buy special phim (version) instead of normal Phim? For collection purpose ? For resale value ? For pure liking ? Special version have their own value. Special version is like gold which price appreciate over time.

When we buy normal Phim then we start to think of upgrade phim, this result in the continuous search for amulets quest. What we didn't realise was we might have actually build up a pile of amulets which can be equivalent to the value of buying the special phim.

What I wish to say is for pure collection or liking then make a firm decision to get then. Because if we miss buying opportunity, we never know when will the amulet be found again. Once sold and gone then may never be found again. Every one know and want Good amulets so they may not be willingly to let go. Once the amulet is gone will look like the following picture.

[emoji92]Money can be earn back but amulets once gone may never be found again.[emoji92]

为什么有普通版却要买特别版呢?为了收藏?为了喜欢?为了以后在拿出来卖?特别版有他自己的价值。就像黄金一样,等久后价值往上升。

往往我们买了普通版过后想要升级买限量版,这也造成了一个寻宝的轮回。当自己回头看不知不觉看看身后收集的一山牌,其实已经足够买原本想要的特别版了。

我想说的是想收集或喜欢就做个决定来买。因为今天错过就不知道要等几时了。

没了就是没了!错过就不一定能找回!因为好牌越多人知道就越不肯放出来。牌没了就会像图片这样子。

[emoji92]钱赚的回,牌卖了也许再也找不回。[emoji92][​IMG]

8. chriswm85

Morning time inspired me to write something about 1st batch amulets. Below are my findings on why 1st batch.

1. Master used many sacred materials that he have been keeping with him and getting ready to make into amulets. This means that the amulet will contain the most concentration, pure materials that master will put in to hope that devotee will receive deep blessings from the amulets. This also result in later batches containing lesser and lesser ingredients.

2. Likewise with concentrated materials, master spent more time chant, chant and chant to ensure that this holy item is max out with energy and power. It is just like you want to ensure that the product is in the best condition before you want to put on the shelf to sell.

3. Collectors keep 1st batch for a reason. The primary one is wait for the price value of amulet to go up since knowing that the master make good amulets. If not, why they bother to keep for years before taking out to market to sell. You want 1st Batch and they want money which is just simply a transactional deal. Some will think is expensive while some will just pay without a second thought understanding the word call "value". For collectors, if price not what they want, they will just fold down the deal and rather keep to wait for someone who is able to commit to their value.

Get your wallet/ammo ready if one is determine to get the 1st batch. Else the later batches will be good for wearing
    as well. Every one want good, powerful amulet so be prepared to pay for the competition !

There's no right or no wrong over which batches to buy. It's simply different point of views between buyer and seller.

sadjade5, adamcataleya and weeyong88 like this.
  9. chriswm85

This few days received some feedback from people I know that they enjoy learning together with me over here.

I believe some of you out there now start to listen about picking a main piece of amulet for wearing. The term main piece mean it's the piece that you wear when going out, shower and sleeping. Ok kidding about the shower and sleeping as I'm not a practiceor for that. In short, it's the one that you cannot live without it. After learning from some peers and reflecting about how I should start, I definitely agree that a main piece should be a monk (Luang phor/Kruba/phor than) image amulet. Next question will be metal or powder for the monk image? Well for me I go for metal since metal can withstand the test of time by wear and tear.

The theory for wearing monk image is due to we feel that when we pray to them we get help from them faster and feel closer connection with them due to I believe call the same realm. Due to the influence of amulet marketing, we have been exposed to many choices, many types that we somehow end up confuse over making choices. Hence, a holy image will make us help to calm our mind and I myself tried as well so it's tested and proven. But of course the rian must be genuine that's the main factor to kick off with. Many Thais main collection will still be monk images and if you ask them, they will give you a thumb up sign to tell how good the monk they believe in. The strong faith and belief are what we can follow them despite that we know they also face challenges in their lives.

Remember amulets are suppose to improve our lives instead of making us feel more stressful over what to wear. Start finding the monk image you admire, like and have faith in.

Only then you can decide what to wear and how to make your life better. You are the key to your own destiny.

sadjade5, adamcataleya, Nit and 2 others like this.
  10. chriswm85

What is a powerful amulet?

An amulet that grant windfall luck?

An amulet that save you from major accident?

An amulet that make a business from dead to alive?

Who decide whether it is powerful? The answer is You. Without you wearing the amulet experience, no one will know whether this or that is the power. You are the main factor to judge, experience and share review. I believe you all would have also hear before that amulet wearing experience varies from individual due to our own actions, karma and our own challenges in life.

In the 90s era, people go temple run take a whole bag of medallions and distribute to their friends. Say 100 people wear the same amulet together at same time, now all we need is to have 10 of them who experienced what I mentioned above to conclude that it's a powerful amulet.

Each of us understand that if we pay a $10,000 for a piece of amulet today, we don't expect that it will return us back with a profit of $1,000,000. What we paid for in $10,000 is the tested and proven stories, results, brand and resale value provided got people willingly to buy back for an amulet.

With the fast pace of technology let us not forget that amulet wearing experience can never be a fast forward thing and has always been this way.

Here's a tips for people who still hovering the thoughts of powerful:

1. Get an authentic amulet image which you like (it can be cheap or costly)

2. Plan your life goals such as what u wish to achieve

3.Put actions to work towards it. We all know there are no short cuts in life. Just like if we want to slim down we need to exercise, eat healthy and sleep early.

With that, I end this post. For those who enjoy what I shared, click like for support as it will let me know whether is this article reaching out to readers.

11. chriswm85

Buy online vs offline?
    With the advancement of social media, it also change the way in how we shop for amulets. Offline mean physical shop whereby they display the amulets in velvet cushion, cabinet and people ask information of amulets via face to face. Mutual trust is build in such a manner and we see price tag being stick for each amulet. People will just enquire directly or ask for discounts and transaction is done based on a direct way.

Advantages:
    • See the actual piece what you see is what you get
    • Know the real time price
    • Get on the spot
    Disadvantages:
    • End up paying more as without knowing it's actual value
    • Lesser choices to choose from the versions(copper,silver,gold)

Online refer to like amuletforum marketplace section, carousell, Facebook group, websites which we see them on daily basis. It has certainly help us to gain more information, price transparency and understand the market value. As I always like to refer to market value is equivalent to seller selling price which a buyer willingly to accept.

Advantages:
    • Get lower rate than retail
    • Convenience to shop for an amulet
    • Get to compare from seller A vs seller B, C and D
    Disadvantages:
    • Run a risk for losing the delivery parcel especially from overseas to Singapore
    • May not get the exact piece from what was told
    • Seller may not have strong knowledge for the amulet and not able to provide a good after sales service

So which is better? Only you can decide the mode. Just wish to highlight they all have their pros and cons.

12. chriswm85

Got inspiration this evening to share here:

Is this amulet Jalan?

Effective ? Powerful ?

Will it backfire?

This days we can see or hear about questions floating like that around be it in social media, face to face or even me myself as a seller.

To start off, the definition of Jalan varies accordingly to individual. For example I wear a new Khun paen amulet today, go out and met a pretty girl by random chance and she gave me her contact number. So does this count as my amulet Jalan or me Jalan? Well, my take will be it could be the amulet create that opportunity to know her but my actions have won her trust over to be interested to get to know me better.

When I said this amulet Jalan, you might think is it for real? Or you might think you are seller of course you will say this is good? So how to know what's really good? Based on hear say? Word of mouth ? Written reviews or recommendations from seller? So if this amulet A I have been wearing for the last 10 years which Jalan in all my relationships, will you still be interested in a used, worn down condition amulet? For me, my own take I won't as I prefer unworn, brand new condition just like when you shop for clothes you will prefer a brand new piece.

My point here for readers here to take away is not all sellers are crooks who are looking at profit margin. Not every time it's about sales talks but more to how we can make our lives better. I personally feel amulets work like a fengshui items. To be successful, we sellers look at long term relationships and provide advice, guidance whenever we can.

I can tell you how Jalan an amulet is but if without the words "belief" and "trust" it will just mean empty discussion that lead to no where. No budget to spend never mind because it does not mean that gods won't bless you just because you are not willingly to part with your money.

Find a trusted seller, wear a genuine piece and start working towards the goals you set for yourself.

weeyong88, Valen and adamcataleya like this.
  13. chriswm85

Woke up this morning I think the best scenario to describe the above for premium vs normal grade amulets:

Why buy Rolex instead of g shock when you just want to wear a time piece? The answer is clear and obvious which is personal preference. We don't have to wear a Rolex just because every one does but rather we buy because we like the design, value and most important we like what we buy. We also cannot expect a Rolex watch to sell at g shock price

Most important we are happy with what we have. Amulets are suppose to make us happier not make us poorer to spend over our own limit or make us constantly occupied with what is better or more Jalan.

weeyong88 likes this.
  14. chriswm85

Special amulet @ $500 - expensive ? The answer is no.

Imagine each Japanese restaurant trip cost you $50 and in a year you might have just visited 10 times or even more. Your insurance policy cost you minimum $1,000 per year or more. Monthly handphone bills cost be like $50 which is like $600 for 12 months. So $500 is after all not a big sum.

When you buy the amulet, you are actually buying your self a life time protection and full ownership until you decide to pass on to another person.

A good precious amulet is hard to come by. Money can be earn back but once the amulet is no longer available, you will find yourself in one of the following situations:

- Paying more than the previous price
    - End up with remakes/fakes
    - Used condition

My take away is don't miss the opportunity and valuable amulets are increasing price daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly.

Those who see the opportunity will get a leap ahead. Wear a normal phim, save up and go for the star piece in your heart.

15. chriswm85

How to improve your chances of winning bidding?

Now I believe many of you see the popularity of live auctions. At some point of time you will try to aim for some pieces which u like and hopefully it goes to the price that you want.

Let me share on how to better improve your chance for winning:

1. check that your Facebook app is downloaded with the latest version.

2. Check your wifi connection.

3. Log out your Facebook and log in again before starting your game.

4. Now type test or greeting to the seller to see auction seller can see your post.

5. Each item usually is bidded at 1 minute to 3 minutes. Some have minimum start bid, increment bid from minimum $1,$2 or $5 depending on the seller and item.

6. Say start bid at $10, now if you think by throwing a bid at $30 the other potential buyers will run off then you better think twice. Throw early bid will just throw you further away from getting lower price as the rest will be just like you who will continue to bid. Reason being they want the item just like you. If you think of the big picture, this move benefit seller than buyers so if buyers united and willingly to wait, then one can get great price for that piece.

7. The countdown for closing the deal could be 10 seconds, 5 seconds and usually end with the word close. At this point of time, try to offer your bid as much as you can afford. There will be campers and snipers hiding in disguise. End of the day you don't want to pay more than the off shelf price so watch the amount you opt for. If you like it, go for it.

Best of luck and don't get addicted in this game. After all, we may not always get the best deal especially with people who may not know the value and will just bid for fun, collection, want to win lucky draw or the thrill of winning.

Now here's something for you to take away before ending this post:
    Overall in general, remember if an item can be put on the shelf price but why on bidding though I won't deny there will be risk takers sellers out there. It's like you will put up when you are confidence of selling it.

May the odds be in your favour.

weeyong88 and EmbraceBuddhism like this.
  16. chriswm85

For those who are new to butterfly amulets,

Please understand that there are disciple made batches, factory batches and some even non official batches.

Kruba Krissana hand made and blessed versions are high quality pieces that worth for every dollar you spent. There is also a standard market selling value.

Handmade batches are made less and limited.

17. chriswm85

Amulets come in all forms of shape, types and sizes. We might have receive them from friends, relatives, family members or from masters or we could have but them from local dealers, temple counters.

The fundamental purpose of amulet is protection and it should always be the primary purpose to seek for in an amulet. Majority of the amulets out there offer protection meaning it will protect our lives from life threatening events such as avoiding accident or severe injuries. To me, wearing an amulet is the best insurance that one will ever get for him or herself. It's a one time off payment that protect you for a life time.

With modern days in a world much safer, we tend to look into other aspects such as to increase wealth, career and relationships. Hence, this led to more development in the materials, design and the type of amulets.

To be continued ...

护身符有各种形状,类型和大小。我们可能会从朋友,亲戚,家人或者主人那里得到他们,或者我们可以从当地的经销商,庙会柜台拿到他们。

护身符的根本目的是保护,它始终是寻求护身符的主要目的。大多数的护身符提供保护意味着它将保护我们的生命免受威胁生命的事件,例如避免事故或严重的伤害。对我来说,戴上护身符是人们能够获得的最好的保险。这是一次性付款,保护你一辈子的时间。

随着现代世界变得更加安全,我们倾向于考察其他方面,比如增加财富,职业和人际关系。因此,这导致了材料,设计和护身符类型的更多发展。

未完待续 ...

ultraboy and EmbraceBuddhism like this.
  18. chriswm85

Somdej ? Pidta? Khun paen ? Chu chok ? And many others ? Which to wear ? What is Jalan and good? Many questions like this tend to surface out easily. Sounds complicated ? It can be easily narrow down when we look things at another perspective.

When we are praying for help or ask for wish granting in life, we start to expose ourselves to the world of amulets. Some will say wealth, luck fetching. Some will mention more for relationships. Indeed, amulets has their own core functions depending on the purpose made, materials, spell input into the amulet.

We might be wondering why would Thais or some be wearing monk image amulets even though the monk might still be alive. The reason being they feel like monks alive or passed on belong to the realm that answer our prayers faster as they might experience similar situations like layman before. Another reason is they need to be qualified and achieve good cultivation in order to make their self image. Making self image require tremendous effort, time, sacred ingredients in order to make it a success. Imagine you selling your own start up brand product, you will also like to sell quality, value to your clients so that they have faith in you to buy from you again.

Monk images come in ceramic locket form, rians coin shape, miniatures, bucha, phayant cloth type. If one love ingredients such as holy powder, soil, they should consider over getting locket as behind is usually added with master own hair, robe and some personal objects kept by him over the years. Rian coins is those metal type which some like it because of the look and feel, lighter in weight and able to withstand wear and tear due to metal materials.

I feel all of us at one point of time should pick a master that you like as the main amulet. It is like having a teacher to guide you in life to perform better in career, business and relationships with people.

Feel free to press like to continue to support my article.

19. chriswm85

Somdej? Pidta? Khun paen? Chu chok?还有其他许多?穿哪个?什么是Jalan和好?像这样的许多问题容易出现。听起来很复杂?当我们从另一个角度来看事物时,它可以很容易地缩小。
    当我们祈求帮助或者要求生命中的祝福时,我们开始将自己暴露在护身符的世界里。有些人会说财富,好运。有些人会提到更多关系。事实上,护身符有自己的核心功能,取决于所做的目的,材料,拼写输入到护身符。

我们可能想知道,为什么泰国人或者某些人会穿和尚形象护身符,尽管和尚可能还活着。因为他们觉得自己像活着的僧侣或者过去一样,属于那种更快地回答我们的祈祷的领域,因为他们以前可能会遇到类似于外行的情况。另一个原因是他们需要合格,修养良好才能塑造自己的形象。自我形象需要巨大的努力,时间,神圣的成分,才能成功。想象一下,如果您销售自己的创业品牌产品,您还想向您的客户销售质量和价值,以便他们有信心再次向您购买。

僧侣的形象来陶瓷盒形式,rians硬币形状,缩影,bucha,phayant布类型。如果一个人喜欢圣洁的粉末,泥土等成分,他们应该考虑把盒子放在后面,通常是用自己的头发,长袍和他自己保存的一些个人物品。 Rian硬币是由于外观和感觉而更喜欢的金属类型,重量更轻,并且能够承受由于金属材料而引起的磨损。

我觉得在一个时间点我们所有人都应该挑一个你喜欢的主人作为主要的护身符。就像有一位老师引导你一生一样,在事业,事业和与人的关系上表现得更好。

随意按下继续支持我的文章。

20. chriswm85

Somdej ? Pidta? Khun paen ? Chu chok ? And many others ? Which to wear ? What is Jalan and good? Many questions like this tend to surface out easily. Sounds complicated ? It can be easily narrow down when we look things at another perspective.

When we are praying for help or ask for wish granting in life, we start to expose ourselves to the world of amulets. Some will say wealth, luck fetching. Some will mention more for relationships. Indeed, amulets has their own core functions depending on the purpose made, materials, spell input into the amulet.

We might be wondering why would Thais or some be wearing monk image amulets even though the monk might still be alive. The reason being they feel like monks alive or passed on belong to the realm that answer our prayers faster as they might experience similar situations like layman before. Another reason is they need to be qualified and achieve good cultivation in order to make their self image. Making self image require tremendous effort, time, sacred ingredients in order to make it a success. Imagine you selling your own start up brand product, you will also like to sell quality, value to your clients so that they have faith in you to buy from you again.

Monk images come in ceramic locket form, rians coin shape, miniatures, bucha, phayant cloth type. If one love ingredients such as holy powder, soil, they should consider over getting locket as behind is usually added with master own hair, robe and some personal objects kept by him over the years. Rian coins is those metal type which some like it because of the look and feel, lighter in weight and able to withstand wear and tear due to metal materials.

I feel all of us at one point of time should pick a master that you like as the main amulet. It is like having a teacher to guide you in life to perform better in career, business and relationships with people.

Feel free to press like to continue to support my article.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)