1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

[Let's Discuss & Share!] How to buy Thai amulets ?

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by chriswm85, 11 December 2016.

1. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim Premium Member

hi all, thanks for those who have been following this thread closely. For those who just start following, welcome here and continue to drop by for reading. I'm nothing special just an ordinary member who like to share on what I see I know. Those who know more are welcome to contribute as well.

Feel free to press Like over my posts to show your support. Your Like is important to let me know that the time and effort spend here writing is meaningful. Just don't fall asleep reading my posts ok ?

There will be a new post which I had prepared for tml as well so stay tuned!

Disclaimer: Please note that posts here are not directing at anyone.

Last edited: 18 April 2017
    Glen, Nit, zacklucius and 8 others like this.
  2. chriswm85

Just a thought to end off tonight and to take away.::onionbb::

Amulet X has bring wealth power.

Dealer manage to sell away to buyer at selling price of $10,000.:cool-onion-head-emoticon:

Dealer is now $10,000 richer since buyer has to pay him/her the amount of money.:bye2-onion-head-emoticon:

Now wouldn't that show the amulet X did bring wealth opportunity to the dealer then? :smoking2-onion-head-emoticon:

3. chriswm85

Looking for lucky serial number on amulet, do you have one too?

We all have our own lucky or preferred number in life. Chinese love the number 8 while Thais love their number 9. The number game also applies for amulet market. Meaning beautiful, lucky number engraved on the amulet can be more expensive. Say serial number 134, some sellers will try to sell you the idea that 1 + 3 + 4 = 8 so the amulet is definitely more valuable and worth more money $$.

For example, say the amulet X original temple released price is $10. The Buyers will rush in and book the beautiful number. This beautiful number will be put up for resale at a higher price say $50. It also mean that overseas dealers who manage to acquire beautiful serial numbers start to incurred additional costs. Hence, result in higher price pass down to consumers. It's a chain effect thing temple -> Thai -> overseas dealers -> consumers. Don't be surprise to know the same amulet but with serial number engraved with ending 9 will cost many times more than other numbers.

Some buyers look for lucky number because he/she believe in numerology and getting his/her preferred number will make them more lucky. Whereas for some is just personal preference and liking.

Gumtree, weeyong88 and Benson like this.
  4. chriswm85

I believe each of us may have been through this phase of below.

Free amulet receive from master -> $10 amulet -> $100 amulet -> $1000 amulet -> $10,000 amulet -> .... then eventually stop at a certain range.

It's a norm to experience any of the above stages because we being human beings will always want better stuff better quality and better improvements. It's also human nature to crave for more and better.

Of course, the more a person pay for the amulet, the more that person may expect the amulet to work for him/her. Just an example Pay a dollar expect 10 times return pay 10 dollars expect 100 times. It doesn't mean an amulet work like miracles and being drastic changes within a single or few days.:uhuhuh-onion-head-emoticon:

I think the key words are Time and patience. Time can never be fast or slow and it doesn't stop but always going forward. Be patience, wear the amulet and let Time tell one how amulet work for the individual.:ritual-soldier-baby-emoticon:

Rushing for results/experience doesn't help to improve in whichever the circumstances the person is in.:woa-onion-head-emoticon:

Gumtree, Valen, Bestman99 and 3 others like this.
  5. chriswm85

People used to collect amulets more than they sell in the old days. The current days they end up selling after buying.

Buy wisely and good luck.

6. Benson

Benson Registered Member

Bro::oniongoodjob::::oniongoodjob::::oniongoodjob::!

chriswm85 likes this.
  7. Benson

Benson Registered Member

This one also ::oniongoodjob::::oniongoodjob::::oniongoodjob::!

chriswm85 likes this.
  8. chriswm85

Well, it's never good enough. I can assure you that time over time the forum will continue the cycle of appearing the same questions despite this thread have cover the discussion here.::onioncheers::
    It's the wrong concept of marketing that pollute how people look/perceive and think about amulets. Hence, when expectations are not met, that's when some devotees start losing faith. When they need $$ after getting a big pool of amulets, that's when they realise this big pool is not able to help to get the $$ required when they themselves are short of $$.

Guess stories drawn people to buy them while the real meaning/purpose behind for each amulet are Long forgotten.

Last edited: 23 April 2017
  9. chriswm85

Budget ? It's good to have one so that we know how much to spend and save on.

I used to hear about some buyers said no Budget like $1,000. But in reality check buyer will realise that he/she has at least 10 amulets at a purchase price of $100 which is equivalent to this value. So it's just a question of whether to spend on 10 or just spend on 1 solid amulet.

The behaviour of buy amulet today and sell tomorrow after is becoming common. This action make this amulet market flooded with over supplies. While some are too impatient to wait for good things to happen to until they jump from trying one amulet to another.

Last edited: 23 April 2017
  10. chriswm85

Though we buy amulets according to our preferences, don't you think amulets also choose us as well? I'm certain that each of us have a strong liking for amulets and end up miss the opportunity to get it when it was within our reach. Amulets also choose us as their owners.

To me if I had walked away the same amulet at $100 I will not be willingly to pay for $1000 if I see again in the future.

adamcataleya, Benson and Gumtree like this.
  11. Valen

Valen Registered Member

1 solid amulet?

12. Oziris

Oziris Registered Member

Wah.. Chris become archan already hehehehe

Heng Heng ah...

adamcataleya likes this.
  13. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Actually I'm asking Chris on his take on the phrase "1 solid amulet "

14. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Maybe I never make myself clear, my apologies too

Gumtree likes this.
  15. chriswm85

I wish I am but too bad I'm not. Just a layman.

16. chriswm85

The term "solid" here refers to the highest premium grade that one can afford based on his/her pocket money.

Valen and EmbraceBuddhism like this.
  17. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Later I ask what is " the highest premium grade" then Chris will shoot me:shooting-soldier-baby-emoticon:

18. chriswm85

:relax1-onion-head-emoticon:

19. chriswm85

Finally weekends !

While amulet hunting is cool/awesome/fun, don't forget to enjoy quality time with your loved ones!

weeyong88 likes this.
  20. chriswm85

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlvinSJL likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)