[Question/Help!] Help needed for info about fish liberation 放生 in Kuala Lumpur

Oat1

Registered Member
Sorry for the late reply. When is it you ll be in KL?
Hi Jason, thanks for your reply. I will be in KL over weekend. Already gotten the info after several hours of using google map.

Pasar Petaling Street
Pasar Chow Kit
Pasar Batu
Pasar Air Panas
Pasar Besar Pekan Ampang
Imbi Market (most likely closed)

These wet markets are nearby Berjaya Times Square and has a river nearby. Petaling Street wet market is most ideal.

Please correct me if my info is wrong because i based on google map simulation.

Jasonbeyond

Registered Member
Hi Jason, thanks for your reply. I will be in KL over weekend. Already gotten the info after several hours of using google map.

Pasar Petaling Street
Pasar Chow Kit
Pasar Batu
Pasar Air Panas
Pasar Besar Pekan Ampang
Imbi Market (most likely closed)

These wet markets are nearby Berjaya Times Square and has a river nearby. Petaling Street wet market is most ideal.

Please correct me if my info is wrong because i based on google map simulation.
If its LIVE fish at the market, best bet are the catfishes.
There is a river nearby. But its difficult for u to access it .

Oat1

Registered Member
hey jason, do u know where are the amulet shops concentrated? Are they near berjaya time square? If nearby, i don't mind go and kay poh kay poh look see look see touch touch.

yan1216

Registered Member
hey jason, do u know where are the amulet shops concentrated? Are they near berjaya time square? If nearby, i don't mind go and kay poh kay poh look see look see touch touch.
I am pretty stress when i go overseas amulet shop esp in malaysia .... cos the main door is usually locked cos to prevent robbery ...

when u enter the door is locked again ... then the sales person is very close to you when u browse thru ...

hehehe ...

for shopping malls it should be similar to singapore gmt / gmc / fls...

Oat1

Registered Member
Dear Jason, thanks for your info. You are only three quarter correct. That river where there are many colourful lightings at night is totally inaccessible. That is the portion at Central Market Area. That night I went there to recee and asked around. All the people there told me there is no access at all.

I saw one uncle wearing amulets at Chinatown and I asked him about the river. This uncle is the only person i encountered who knows where is the access. It is at bus terminal where we can go all the way down and able to touch the water.

The next day early in morning 7am, I went there but unfortunately could not perform liberation there because chinatown market only sells dead fishes. So I went to Chow Kit market. River is ten minutes walk away. 1 kilo 6 ringgit. I don't know how to say "alive" in Malay, so I told the seller "tabulay mati".

Oat1

Registered Member
Near Pudu area. Look for Pudu Plaza. The shops at the 1st floor.
I wasn't able to see your message before going. The uncle at chinatown ask me to go to 香港城 nearby my hotel at berjaya times square. I am not sure if 香港城 is the Pudu Plaza you are talking about. I will visit next trip as this trip i have not enough time to go. Took me one whole morning to go market, buy, chant and release.

Oat1

Registered Member
I am pretty stress when i go overseas amulet shop esp in malaysia .... cos the main door is usually locked cos to prevent robbery ...

when u enter the door is locked again ... then the sales person is very close to you when u browse thru ...

hehehe ...

for shopping malls it should be similar to singapore gmt / gmc / fls...
that bad?

at golden mile, they won't lock you inside, and they won't come so close to you as all their amulets are inside display cabinet.

Valen

Registered Member
I wasn't able to see your message before going. The uncle at chinatown ask me to go to 香港城 nearby my hotel at berjaya times square. I am not sure if 香港城 is the Pudu Plaza you are talking about. I will visit next trip as this trip i have not enough time to go. Took me one whole morning to go market, buy, chant and release.
Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu

Oat1

Registered Member
support local lah ... if not business close ...
whether amulet or not ...
Why everything including amulets in sg is so expensive? rental is a very big component of costs. Who cause rentals to be so high? You support local does not means that locals will have jobs. At the end of the day, all your consumption money goes into a fund that Auntie will go around investing. Auntie has a certain reputation.