[Question/Help!] Help needed for info about fish liberation 放生 in Kuala Lumpur

yan1216

Registered Member
My dearest Shacks and yan1216, I am trying to find a longkang near the market. I am not an analyst of eco systems.
My reply is meant for Shacks ....

And happy you know what you want and need ... All the best .. and wish you sincerely to perform your "rituals" needed

yan1216

Registered Member
Not arguing on Bro Oat1 stands in merit making but my own view on merits

Even if you offer one flower or one single rice to a statue of Buddha, painting of Buddha, stupa, or even visualize this, if there’s no holy object, but visualize, even you offer one single grain or one tiny flower, the merit is like unimaginable. One single grain offering to a statue, having offered to a statue, stupa, scripture, or any other holy object, even visualized or if there’s nothing there, visualized statue, stupa, whatever. So in that merit, the benefit of the merit you get, how much is contained is that all the happiness that you experience from beginningless rebirth, like that much in the future, like that much from beginningless rebirth up to now, how much happiness get experienced, now that much in the future, so all contained in that.

For me the biggest merits will be to treat ones parents well.
Agreed on your statement.

Treating parents well, is what it should be;
as repaying the care taken eversince we are in tummy and born ... till our achievement today

Also would upholding the basic 5 precepts and treating all living equally ...

Whatever comes comes, whatever leaves leaves ... need not to be too bothered about merits ...

Oat1

Registered Member
Bro, do you know Google Map can actually suggest you what bus to take
is it? I don't know wor. If I am not wrong, this place is in city area, so i am not too worried about how to go there.

Yesterday I tried using their Simulator. Cannot find the rivers that you say exists.

Oat1

Registered Member
[QUOTE="yan1216, post: 1253705, member: 2869"
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! If you notice, your map is being highly zoomed out. Sometimes the maps can be very misleading if we are not familiar with scales. It may look very near on the map, but in fact it is not near. Never mind, I have mouth, I can ask the local people when i am there. In Ipoh, it was so perfect as the river is only a few hundred steps away from market, very convenient and ideal. I think in KL city, maybe not so perfect.

Oat1

Registered Member
Walk time from market to lake is 13 mins, take note of other options
You very kiang.

If I interpret your picture correctly, means follow the blue dots to Seafood Terminal Restaurant, which is supposed to have some river or lakes. But from the map, how do u know there is water there? Blue means water and green means trees, is this correct interpretation?

Oat1

Registered Member
Walk time from market to lake is 13 mins, take note of other options
Green represents trees is correct. But the blue does not represent water. I used their simulation to look around seafood restaurant and could not see any lakes around. i think the blue ones might represent some ponds which belongs to private golf club. Couldn't see clearly as blocked by walls.

yan1216

Registered Member
[QUOTE="yan1216, post: 1253705, member: 2869"
Thanks! If you notice, your map is being highly zoomed out. Sometimes the maps can be very misleading if we are not familiar with scales. It may look very near on the map, but in fact it is not near. Never mind, I have mouth, I can ask the local people when i am there. In Ipoh, it was so perfect as the river is only a few hundred steps away from market, very convenient and ideal. I think in KL city, maybe not so perfect.[/QUOTE]
just get a kayak and flow with the river ...

the river very polluted ...

hope the strong survival catfish can find their area ..

Tashlan

Registered Member
Why not u donate to a temple or Buddhist organisation that does life liberation monthly? They will do life liberation with the necessary planning and monk to do prayers.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Oat1

Registered Member
Why not u donate to a temple or Buddhist organisation that does life liberation monthly? They will do life liberation with the necessary planning and monk to do prayers.

can also. But since i am there, i prefer to use my own hand to save the fishes, and then use my own hand to release. More fulfilling and greater sense of accomplishment psychologically.

Tashlan

Registered Member
can also. But since i am there, i prefer to use my own hand to save the fishes, and then use my own hand to release. More fulfilling and greater sense of accomplishment psychologically.
Point 1 : Doing life liberation without proper planning and consideration will only cause harm to the environment and image of Buddhism esp with fish and other animals.

Point 2: According to Chinese Mahayana and Vajrayana practice, the purpose of chanting during life liberation is for the animals to attain higher rebirth after this life. This generates more merits.

I think it is better to do proper way than to DIY, especially in an urban setting where the rivers and waterways are generally polluted.

You can Google Compassion Life Society Chinatown. It is a Buddhist center by Ven Hai Tao which does (proper) liberation in the seas every month.

Oat1

Registered Member
Point 1 : Doing life liberation without proper planning and consideration will only cause harm to the environment and image of Buddhism esp with fish and other animals.

Point 2: According to Chinese Mahayana and Vajrayana practice, the purpose of chanting during life liberation is for the animals to attain higher rebirth after this life. This generates more merits.

I think it is better to do proper way than to DIY, especially in an urban setting where the rivers and waterways are generally polluted.

You can Google Compassion Life Society Chinatown. It is a Buddhist center by Ven Hai Tao which does (proper) liberation in the seas every month.

Point 1 : I fully agree with you. That is precisely what I am doing now : Planning. Finding a river nearest to market so that they can be liberated in shortest possible time and spend shortest possible time in plastic bag.

Like I said, all forms of liberation will affect the eco-system in one way or another. I now have to choose only one : eco-system preservation or saving fishes from knife. I choose the later. I am only releasing at most 15kg, not thousands of fishes. Eco-systems have been damaged since hundreds of years ago through urbanisation and reclamation. These affect environments in big ways compare to my releasing a few fishes.

Point 2 : I can chant too.

If the fishes were to be given a choice between being released into polluted rivers or facing instant death under the knife, we all know which one they would choose.

I am aware of Compassion Life Society Chinatown.