1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

[Kumantong] Gumanthong and Taiwan ghost

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by akaikzk, 26 March 2012.

1. akaikzk

akaikzk Registered Member

2. TheGame

TheGame Registered Member

after watching all the 3 part of the vids, I felt the Taiwanese still have a very shallow and limited understanding of what Kumantong is all about. unlike us who will travel to thailand and has basic knowledge of who are the marker of Kuman, most of them dont usually do that. Due to geographical location not every part of taiwan has a amulet shop around so most of them turn to the Internet and ebay for resources and alot of them are influence by what they heard and the positive claim of material gain. Dont be surprise most of them dont even know the name of the marker or the temple that produce the Kumantong that they are worshipping now.
    I ever met a taiwanese during one of my trip in thailand and he told me he run a thai amulet shop in taipei and he was wrapping all his amulet he got from his trip. i realise he has alot of Butterflies and salika amulet and i ask him if he had pay a visit to kruba krissana temple during this visit and he asked me who he is?

The way the last guest commented about how worshipping the buddha is not as "leng" as worshipping the spirit. I can only say I felt really sorry for that guy. If you idea of practising buddhism is about buying a whole lot of image status and complaining/demanding to them everyday for your material gain or to make your life better and worse make a comparsion about how it is far more economical to worship spirit because buddhism make you spent even more money??? i think you are really a lost sheep

weeyong88 likes this.
  3. TheGame

TheGame Registered Member

4. Charleston

Charleston Registered Member

I guess unlike us that stays around SE Asia , they are not exposed to different ethnic traditions like us. With the lack of understanding they can only draw link with Taoist belief to make sense to things that they don't understand. Which not nessarsary make sense.

They couple obviously have strayed from proper understanding of Dharma,
    I can only sympathise them, thinking about the amount of bad karma they accumulate thru slandering Dharma. Their supplier who is self claimed satanist is already a wrong source to start with .

Pardon me in any case, I just feel that is not right.

weeyong88 likes this.
  5. sadsad

sadsad Registered Member

u cant really blame the taiwanese because they are taoism country, not buddhism

6. Charleston

Charleston Registered Member

I'm not blaming them , I do understand their stand also there is nothing wrong being taoist . But for that gay couple n that dealer I feel that it's an obvious case of going on a wrong path.

7. Buddho

Buddho Registered Member

Taiwan same as HK, a lot of predjudice and misconceptions abt KMT, Thai amulets & Thai Buddhism among the general populace. But that being said, I do have customers from both places who are just as familiar with this subject as the average member on this forum.

8. drizzt

drizzt Registered Member

:hrmz: that is not saying a lot :heehee:

9. PictureHouse

PictureHouse Registered Member

People who have dealings with Buddho will understand that he has a good knowledege of Thai Buchas & Amulets.

10. drizzt

drizzt Registered Member

I am sure he does...it is the knowledge of the average member which I am ambivalent about :redface:

11. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Indeed. His knowlegde are more than average than most ppl here, but not anymore. Since he is not around for now.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)