1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Looking to sell/promote your favorite amulets? Click to upgrade your account today!
    NOTE: Please be advised that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds

4. Are you having trouble with your forum account? Have you recently been banned from the forums?

You can reach out to our Technical Support Department via our Contact Page; OR submit an online support request via Support Portal, and we will be most delighted to assist you with your request.

[Question/Help!] Going to Wat Rakang

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by donaldcavani, 10 November 2017.

1. donaldcavani

donaldcavani Registered Member

hi all Sifu. I’m going to Bangkok this month and will also visit wat rakang. I’m had an existing amulet that made from wat rakang wish to get blessing again from the monk there. My question is do they have any of this service and if yes, who I’m gonna ask for this. Thank for anyone could help.

2. barrytkg

barrytkg Registered Member

Yes , there are monks doing blessing of persons and amulets.
    If you been to the temple before, take public bus and than change to River ferry. You can save money this way.
    Most goes straight to abbot quarters but he might not be free or in temple to help
    After lunch time, some monks will sit next to the temple civilian amulet sales area. You can get blessings there.
    You could look for this monk , LP Somkid around there for blessing (ask the amulet seller) photo
    [​IMG]

Or if you are lucky, maybe look for L Pu PalaVichit, who is the head of section 6 in temple. Photo
    [​IMG]
    It has been some years since I met him. Hope he is well.
    He stays at former AC Toh room, and is the succesor of L Pu Hin
    If possible get holy water back from his blessing bowl( see picture) if he permits

weeyong88, Aaric33 and tommyho like this.
  3. tommyho

tommyho Premium Member Premium Member

LP Vijik had passed away liao, bless him, a clean monk and helpful, thought don't talk other lingo except Thai, he got the most LP Hin 's amulets

Solaire, kidkiss, waterslager and 2 others like this.
  4. fazhu

fazhu Registered Member

Who is his successor?

tommyho likes this.
  5. tommyho

Never go there after heard of his dimise

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

6. barrytkg

May Buddha bless him

7. barrytkg

Heard sometime back temple is sponsoring a monk in religious studies, most likely will take over in future. Sorry don't have name

tommyho and fazhu like this.
  8. tommyho

Last time LP Vijik also accept kids for studies, I brought all my sons there for blessing he likes especially fat child

Solaire, kidkiss, waterslager and 2 others like this.
  9. barrytkg

Yes, what you said are true.
    Kind-hearted - always want to give food from well wished
    Children - knew his godson from here and parents.Happy when his godson visits him

I guess now look for LP Somkid, also from section 6 and is L Pu relative

waterslager and tommyho like this.
  10. barrytkg

Share free for all - in rememberance ( can use printer to print out)

L Pu at his Wat Rakang residence
    [​IMG]
    Some katha booklets and amulets given over two decades
    [​IMG]

11. donaldcavani

donaldcavani Registered Member

Thank sifu barrytkg for taking times to instructed. I will follow that you teach and hope will get some monk for the blessing.

12. tommyho

You can have his whole collections of LP Hin amulets from a magazine printed in Singapore. Also about his life time in WRK

13. barrytkg

I think you are talking about a certain person who came out a book. Because of a book, LP lost the right to hold WRK vault key.
    Actually, book did not have amulets placed in the prang (chedi) of WRK.
    Prang was open in 200X?
    All Section heads got some to raise funds for temple.

14. tommyho

The amulets in the book is totally different from the chedi. Is from another source which different items and is only LP Hin things. Yes, I don't think is because of the book, it's their own committee and others which had envy Vijik popularity.

kidkiss, waterslager and barrytkg like this.
  15. barrytkg

What you say might be true. When book came out, people asking why book and WRK amulet counter selling amulets different. Big trouble started then onwards.
    In the 80's here there was a subscription mandarin magazine that features LP Hin Somdejs. Forgot name title (maybe rough transaction Buddha Light?) Old now memory junk

16. tommyho

I think in the 90s, LP health is not so good and most of the things he kept were taken away, even memoirs of Putachantoh. During this time I do still visit him, all his personal things, even cocukclocks were taken away. I felt so sorry for a man who has done so much for lay people and for the temple. Even if because of the local magazine or not, is still not the right way to do things and that's why I never visit again after his demise.
    During his illness he still do blessings, though his room is quite empty. Fortunately he do recognize those that had help him and he do take all his personal things to give to people he knew well especially Singaporean who had assist him in his kana during the 70 and 80s. May Lord Buddha above bless him.

17. tommyho

I think in the 90s, LP health is not so good and most of the things he kept were taken away, even memoirs of Putachantoh. During this time I do still visit him, all his personal things, even cocukclocks were taken away. I felt so sorry for a man who has done so much for lay people and for the temple. Even if because of the local magazine or not, is still not the right way to do things and that's why I never visit again after his demise.
    During his illness he still do blessings, though his room is quite empty. Fortunately he do recognize those that had help him and he do take all his personal things to give to people he knew well especially Singaporean who had assist him in his kana during the 70 and 80s. May Lord Buddha above bless him.

18. barrytkg

My last visit to L Pu was 2008/9. After that I mostly went to Suthat and BKP.
    Ok, we stop , getting depressing.

Wonder still have; on holidays and weekends after you take ferry and reach WRK side, there are 2 different sizes live Golden Turtles. Confirm genuine as I scratched the bottom shell when handlers not looking, pic
    [​IMG]

weeyong88, tommyho and waterslager like this.
  19. barrytkg

At the temple jetty, you can do liberation of animals then, not sure about now. Eels, shells, small fishes by vendors. You will be given printed kathas to chant before liberating the items. All different prices.
    Be on the lookout for "white coloured catfish" in the river. If can spot 2 at surface at same time, luck comes.

weeyong88 and tommyho like this.
  20. barrytkg

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)