[Recommend me] Devasathan Temple in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by PC-Ken, 12 November 2017.

1. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

[​IMG]
    Hi Seniors , I was watching BBC and noticed the Phikanet behind the short documentary (photo as attached) . One of my friend recognised that the background is from Brahmin temple called Devasathan (near Wat Suthat ) . Does any know how the background of this temple ( aside from those details found via the internet )? I am very keen to rent the Phikanet from there because the look , feel and design of the phikanet looks unique to me. Anyone had any experience with this temple Committee or it's priest or staff ? Thanks in advance for sharing your feedback. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mangala likes this.
  2. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Any seniors comments ? Thanks [emoji1374] [emoji1374][emoji1374]

3. justinlee369

justinlee369 Registered Member

They do have some amulets for rent there. It is the official Brahmin temple in Bangkok and the priests are in charge of all the royal Brahmin ceremonies like the Ploughing Ceremony and the Giant Swing Ceremony in the past. The temple honours Phra Narai (Vishnu), Phra Isuan (Shiva), Brahma, Ganesh and other Brahmanic deities.

PC-Ken likes this.
  4. barrytkg

barrytkg Registered Member

I don't know whether you are talking about this temple. A catalogue below in Thai from over a decade ago when I visited Wat Suthat often.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leak Bali, PC-Ken and EmbraceBuddhism like this.
  5. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Hi Barry yes this is the temple I was referring to. Are you familiar with this temple ? Are their amulets and buchas good ?

6. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Thank you Justine for the information. Do you know this temple well ? I intend to rent some amulets / buchas from them but not sure if they are good and powerful amulet / buchas to rent ? Grateful to hear from you and the seniors. Thank you

7. barrytkg

Hi
    Back then I try to enter the main building housing the statues and Bucha( can see thru open wood doors but iron gate ) but always locked. I did it over 3 days at 3 different time slots.
    The main compound is always open. As for the amulets, cannot say as cannot enter. Don't know now have changed to their entry status.
    Regards

PC-Ken likes this.
  8. barrytkg

This photo taken on use and throw away type camera over decade ago

[​IMG]

PC-Ken likes this.
  9. Leak Bali

Leak Bali Registered Member

Been there once. It is accross from Wat Suthat.
    It does have an amulet counter on the left side when you enter the shrine block.
    It is quite small counter with auto sliding door and air con as well (prob only enough 5 people snuck in).
    The amulet that bro barrytkg post if not wrong contains roof from temple, soil from india etc.

When I came there only few left and they have cool pin from metal with Trisula logo on it.
    Quite and peace temple there , if not wrong running by brahmin not monk.
    They do have connection with Giant Red Swing accross Wat Suthat as it was been used for Brahmin Ceremony but then too dangerous.

The Statues it is not Thai Style Hindu Deities (Brahma, Pikanet / Ganesha , Shiva and Visnu / Narai)
    More towards like ancient statues with some relics at the front of the statues.

Hope this help and good luck

weeyong88, PC-Ken and barrytkg like this.
  10. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Thank you guys [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]very helpful. I have an old Sifu whom I consult for over a decade and recently I told him that I would like to invite a Ganesha into my house altar but he advise against it. The reason he said is because Ganesha is the type of God that - when you are in good times , he will help you more than you can ever expect but when you're in bad times,he will not help you but step and look down upon you and will cause you more suffering . This Sifu is an old master and has been very accurate in his predictions and practices . I am just struggling with his advise because I can't imagine that Ganesha is such a God and that he will not help during your bad times but will make you worry off . Does anyone or seniors ever heard such a story on Ganesha ? It's not easy to rent a Pikanet from such old temple and if given the opportunity to rent , should I proceed ? This temple is over 200 years old I was told . Any advise from grand masters or Seniors are much appreciated [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

11. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Thank you guys [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]very helpful. I have an old Sifu whom I consult for over a decade and recently I told him that I would like to invite a Ganesha into my house altar but he advise against it. The reason he said is because Ganesha is the type of God that - when you are in good times , he will help you more than you can ever expect but when you're in bad times,he will not help you but step and look down upon you and will cause you more suffering . This Sifu is an old master and has been very accurate in his predictions and practices . I am just struggling with his advise because I can't imagine that Ganesha is such a God and that he will not help during your bad times but will make you worry off . Does anyone or seniors ever heard such a story on Ganesha ? It's not easy to rent a Pikanet from such old temple and if given the opportunity to rent , should I proceed ? This temple is over 200 years old I was told . Any advise from grand masters or Seniors are much appreciated [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

12. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Very nice and old photo Barry [emoji1374][emoji106][emoji4]thanks for sharing this with us [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

barrytkg likes this.
  13. EmbraceBuddhism

EmbraceBuddhism Registered Member

I got a shock looking at what you had wrote. If Phra Pikanet does not want to help you during bad times, what makes you think that he will help you during good times?

No offence. This is just my humble thought.

EmbraceBuddhism

weeyong88, jamesCK and PC-Ken like this.
  14. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

No offence at all. I was merely relaying what was told to me.... and I feel the same and was thinking the same too on what you have written . Not sure why there are such a believe ... thanks for your feedback

EmbraceBuddhism likes this.
  15. PC-Ken

PC-Ken Registered Member

Barry , do you know why the Ganesha has only two hands and not 4 ? I search the web and found that " in Indian iconisation , Ganesha with 2 hands is a taboo" but I can't find the detailed explanation why it is so . Any seniors/ masters feedback is appreciated [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

16. barrytkg

Sorry I don't know the reason.
    I guess same as why has more than 3 head lord Ganesh, or which is better for home altar; a sitting or laying down lord Ganesh or a standing up one. Questions lot, answers hard to get

PC-Ken likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)