[Let's Discuss & Share!] Chris Sharing on - How to buy, pick, keep Thai amulets ?

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by chriswm85, 11 December 2016.

1. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim

Just like Thai believe ngern = silver = money luck, I also believe in carrying silver make a difference in my sales.

People like to ask me so what do I wear for myself.

All Lp Ler silver series:

- 1st batch palakit with hand yanted
    - 1st batch Chu chok
    - 1st batch na o teck[​IMG]

This entire thread is about getting to know the basic, refresher and sharing that I will like to post up so do continue to follow if you like the posts.

2. PidtaLover

PidtaLover Registered Member

Enriching :)
    Do continue on please..

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Terryk and chriswm85 like this.
  3. chriswm85

Life is a gamble of 50/50. Same goes for to wear or not to wear amulets.

When we buy lottery, it's either a win or lose. When we buy amulets, it's either rise in career position, windfall luck or as per normal (nothing special happen). It's normal to raise expectations for amulet experience but each of us will have different scenarios, reviews due to we are all different individuals. I see the benefit of wearing amulets that it can bring good that led me to the path to be a collector and dealer.

I believe in masters while masters believe in Buddha. A circle of trust and faith that build the bond. Choosing the right amulets is important as well as individual merits, karma and actions play an important role as well. In life we have our ups and downs. In 365 days we will also take medical leave to rest so that we can walk a longer journey.

When we get an opportunity to know a great master, the door of opportunity awaits.

Press Like here to support me on coming up with more articles here.

sc430, sadjade5, MaooMaoo and 5 others like this.
  4. chriswm85

有禪修者問,什麼是善有善報?為什麼有時好人沒有好報?善是什麼?其實,善心的呈現有三種,包括身、口、意。善的心導致我們說好話、做善事。有時候我們的心是善的,但是欠缺智慧,導致說出的話、做出的事,結果是不如意或好壞參半,所以未必看到百分之百的好結果。

如果身口意行為是正確的,心是善的,當下馬上會感到平靜、安穩,這是善心即刻的利益。做好事不是為了以後,以後的結果需要很多的因緣配合才產生。善心生起,覺知馬上就會知道心的狀態,你會觀察到這是善心。覺知能認出當下的心是否有貪、有瞋,還是沒有貪、沒有瞋、沒有煩惱。沒有貪的心、有慈悲的心,品質是不一樣的,善是馬上就有利益的,必然是這樣的。

若缺乏覺知,煩惱就會越來越大,乃至整個心被煩惱控制。相反的,若有覺知,煩惱就會越來越少,即使有煩惱在,也不會造成更大的傷害。這就是覺知為我們帶來的即時利益。

I found this short write out meaningful so will do a translation soon.

Bestman99 and EmbraceBuddhism like this.
  5. chriswm85

Hey guys, I'm back here to update more. Will be sharing more of my experience and my thoughts here.

I thought of sharing the below which is very beneficial to new starters

Phayant is a piece of cloth with written yantra, deva or hand/leg imprints from monks which is properly blessed with spell and mantra into it by the guru white robe maters or Thai monks.

How to use phayant cloth?
    1. Keep into your pocket , handbag , wallet and many place for your own convenience.

2. Keep phayant at your home by framing up, place on desk for worships or hang in car for to attract wealth and good luck to you and family.

By famous lp loy the Singha maker
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 26 December 2017
    sc430 and weeyong88 like this.
  6. chriswm85

Does amulet power relate with price ? The higher the better?

There will be one point of time which you start wondering is it worth to spend like thousands on one premium item. Now before you do it here's something that one will need to know.

Amulets price value change over time due to reviews, rarity, demand and supply. Buyer paid for the amulet condition, authenticity and good effect. Good effects come from reviews by wearer or newspaper stories which then made an amulet well known and precious. Imagine the entire world is going after an amulet that is made only 100 pcs will make this a valuable and precious to own it.

For example, amulet A cost $5,000 at current market value. Now all of the sudden one random seller like to go at $1,000. Sounds too good to be true? Well the answer is yes as no one will like to lose away that additional $4,000.

If they ever do, then below are the reasons which I could think of:
    1. unsure if their piece is real or not so sell away
    2. Fake piece and seller is aware but does not have integrity
    3. Used condition
    4. Wish to raise funds for another premium piece of their new liking

If a deal is too good to be true, then it probably is and the best move is to choose to walk away from it.

One thing I learn about amulets is if we think $1,000 is a lot today for a powerful amulet then this amulet will just appreciate to become $3,000 down the road. Why? Due to demand grow over the years and every one want a piece of it. If you find one premium piece you love, don't miss it today as you will know it will cost you even more tomorrow. Good amulets value go up like a stock market.

Money can be earn back but once an amulet is gone it can never be find back or it might turn up more fakes than genuine pieces!

With that, I end today sharing. Press Like to show your support and I will be Glad to share more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc430, sadjade5, Terryk and 5 others like this.
  7. chriswm85

Some people who wore amulets for a few days experience bad luck or not smooth in life, this can only said that it has nothing to do with wearing amulets and it will still happen with or without wearing amulets. In Thais opinions, they view that if one fell down and had bruises it could be protection receive from the amulet from getting any further bone fracture.

There are some who experience great lucky continuously and what we can say is their good luck is with them and wearing amulets further help to improve even better.

Hence, an amulet act as a enhancer not a miracle pills that change things around us over night. Getting to know amulets around us is around a fortunate thing and is never hard to choose not to wear or give to someone who may need it more. By giving, it doesn't make one lose any advantages in life.

We look at events which happen with logic and not every thing is relate with backfire of amulets. When we ourselves know that if amulets backfire easily why will they be ever made into amulets in the first place. Human hearts are weak, vulnerable when hearing about backfire and made them scare of the unknown even though they are just hearsay stories.

When we are still thinking hard over what type of amulet to wear, there are already people who are decisive to pick for themselves and move on with their lives. Why worry over this not powerful that not Jalan instead of looking at how to improve back our own luck in daily life.

Hence, to end off this post, I wish every one will not blame amulets for the bad luck or not smooth experience we have and start. Every bad things in life could be even worse if we want to think deep about it. It's easy to shift the blame or point fingers than solving the actual problems. Every cause has an effect.

Press Like[emoji173]️ to show your support for my sharing.[emoji120]

Last edited: 27 December 2017
    sc430, sadjade5, Randelavie and 5 others like this.
  8. chriswm85

The last day of 2017, morning sharing on what are fake amulets? The definition of fakes are original amulets being copied and then being advertised and sold as the original amulet pricing. Due to over demand from people around the world, people will want amulet pieces which have already been tested and reviewed by many.

1) Certificate can be fakes. There had also been incidents whereby the serial number given on the Certificate keyed was not even found on the verification company website.

2) Certificate real but the actual amulet is being switched with a fake similar piece.

3) Sellers know it is fake/ unsure the authenticity of the piece and pass out selling as genuine pieces. This part lies with the integrity of the sellers and some driven by greed will choose to walk this path. Well, they won't admit about selling fakes right?

4) Judges are humans who verify the amulets and they could made an error too. Not too long ago I learn that a reputable verification company had even wrote down the year made of the amulet incorrectly and refused to change.

5) Physical amulet can be imitated and make with a fake factory mould.

6) Some inside or outside temple counters may not sell genuine amulet pieces as well especially for those masters who may no longer alive in this era.

All the above behind fakes amulets is mainly due to they want to earn good profits out from this hobby.

How to avoid getting fakes?
    A) Do self research, understand the history of the amulet and learn to identify the marks, serial codes, moulds.

B) Avoid getting amulets which are too old made as the longer the period the harder it is to trace back.

C) Get from trustful sources who know how they get their amulets, travel up to meet those masters who are still alive to make amulets.

D) We like good deals but for some deals which are too good to be true then I suggest turn down and walk away.

E) Some will choose to travel to temple to get but advise to get from masters who are still alive.

In the end, there is nothing good that we can get out from wearing fake pieces which I do see some people lose faith due to picking the wrong pieces to start off.

I hereby wish every one a good start for the upcoming new year. Wishing those who read this article a Happy New Year 2018.

sadjade5, ultraboy, nitro0604 and 4 others like this.
  9. chriswm85

The 1st post here for 2018 made me think about what to begin. Oh ya, now the first time when we first wear amulet is by this clip with a twisting Hook to tighten up to secure the amulet will look something like this. Pin on the shirt, pocket and easy to clip on while on the move.

[​IMG]

Then with modern day design those want more rubber/pvc will be looking into this. The advantage of this material is it is easy to wear, does not give any odour due to perspiration and give the smooth feel upon wearing.

[​IMG]

Each of the two pictures show some classic method of wearing an amulet. The 1st picture will be the common method whereby majority will choose to wear amulet with.

weeyong88 likes this.
  10. sadjade5

sadjade5 Registered Member

very meaningful...tq for this

11. sadjade5

I like this

12. sadjade5

great article. thanks for teaching

13. chriswm85

Since the recent article wrote about accessories so today I thought of writing a short one on type of cases for amulet. I will touch on each individual type of casing for amulet that I know of here so stay tune for each post.

Stainless steel box
    This is the classic steel box that can house your amulet giving a vintage and classic look. It come in normal stainless steel or the high quality call ah Fok case. The price difference between the two quality can be double, triple or even more depending on the size as well. There is also a type call micro plating case which look very gold like but those with skin allergic may not be suitable to wear. For me, I will use stainless steel box as a temporary case to protect th edges of the powder amulet and oxidation of those metal amulets due to Aging effect. One common thing about this case is it is not waterproof meaning excessive sweat still can get into the amulet.

If you like the stainless steel appearance and want waterproof, you can definitely request your plastic wrapper to do it but it will cost more and make the amulet look bulkier.

To be continued ...

weeyong88 likes this.
  14. chriswm85

Silver, silver longya, white gold plated on silver

Silver case can easily get tarnish due to oxidation and sweat. Silver longya is those silver case which are plated with some Colours using plating technology which will not fade off easily. To prolong silver case from turning tarnish black, there are some case which have been plated with white gold on the outer layer while the inner remain as silver material. Price range in ascending order will be silver -> silver longya -> white gold plated on silver. They are still waterproof just that the tarnish will kick in eventually depend on the perspiration that it have been exposed to and length of time. Some people choose to wrap in silver as in Thai silver represent ngern = money. Silver price is much lower than gold but higher than stainless steel.

With that, I would conclude that which type of silver you like to opt for depend on one Budget, the look and feel factor.

Press Like as a way to show your support for each post.

To be continued ...

15. chriswm85

Thai Gold case

Now for those who have wrap one before, we are definitely aware that there is no 100% gold case as this will make the case too easily bend. There are mainly two types the 18k (80% gold) and 20k (90% gold) cases available in the market. The most common use is 18k version as the price is much more attractive and on appearance wise they both look similar to one another just that 20k will weigh heavier.

Why would one like to wrap in gold? Basically, each of us will have our Favourite piece that made us believe and our most beloved piece which we like to wrap up to wear throughout our life time as the main piece for daily wear. Unlike silver, gold does not tarnish and it also can be polish back with shine with proper method and care.

Thais believe wrapping gold also symbolise great luck and the highest form of respect to give to the maker and the amulet itself. Gold case is definitely the TOP premium that one can go for to make it a timeless and valuable piece.

Your like [emoji173]️ for this post will be the greatest form of support to give me to continue contributing new articles here. [emoji106]

ultraboy, Terryk, weeyong88 and 2 others like this.
  16. chriswm85

I think with the stress level of our society I also noticed a change in our society especially between buyers and sellers. Decided to share on the following for this Monday morning.

Say when we see "PM for price" while an item is tag to $0 some might get too excited by the thought of Free when there is this quoted phrase already mentioned. Some buyers when read this msg might just throw an unrealistic amount like trying to hit the lucky jack pot which is never the possible that sellers in sound mind will accept the offer. We call this trollers back in the past they were refer as roaches/cockroaches.

Of course there are some buyers who are like the Mr-know-it-all and only they themselves are correct while anything about others are all wrong. The old times there are some minority who will like to quote Internet is correct while we ourselves know that Internet information are provided by humans. Isn't to err is human? And while being a guest at some of my friends amulets shop, I also had notice some buyers spreading gossips of other sellers with no concrete evidences which frankly is not a healthy attitude. It's never accurate to hear one side of the story only and use it to judge another.

There are also sellers who are less responsive and can be rude in their replies as well. Some may choose not to reply at all. There were some who never deliver goods after accepting payment. There are sellers who don't even know that they happen to carry remakes or counterfeits goods as well.

The world is big out there and there are many things that we can learn from daily. Neither buyers Nor sellers are perfect if they need to show respect to one another. Amulet goods belong to sellers while money belong to buyers. There is no point going in circle just to get the way they want it to be which is a win lose situation.

Let's build a more loving culture in our society. We are not gods so let's not be judging towards people.

How to make a deal more possible?
    To make a transaction more possible and successful, buyers could ask whether an item is in for negotiation. Always remember that the two parties are not obligate to meet one another request. Price not right? just thank the sellers for their time and there is no need to add in personal feelings or thoughts comments which will result in bad feelings.

You never know when a seller is offering great deals that you might miss out due one being taken out from the list.

Pic from Stop Judging: 5 Negative Effects of Stereotyping
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 January 2018
    ultraboy, sc430 and weeyong88 like this.
  17. chriswm85

Today sharing will be a short post here.

What do we offer to amulets?

I thought of sharing with readers here that my daily offering to my Buddha is I change my cup of normal water as shown below.

[​IMG]

For my own amulets once in a blue moon I will put them within this Jasmine flower and leave on 1-2 nights. Please do not leave amulets in it for too Long as the decomposition of Jasmine buds will corrode the amulet plastic causing a permanent brown stain.

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading. [emoji106]

weeyong88 and sc430 like this.
  18. chriswm85

For today sharing will be to support what I had mentioned earlier.

A simple set up could be like the below picture:[​IMG]

weeyong88 likes this.
  19. chriswm85

I had discussed about casing in my last post. Now this evening I get the inspiration from my clients to talk about necklace.

Amulet necklace come in many forms. We have the robe, rubber, stainless steel, coconut, wood, Ivory, silver and finally gold. I will discuss each of this type in this post.

Robe necklace
    This type usually come with many different colours. It can be fixed length or adjustable length depend on whether two knots are type at the back. It can come in 1 ring, 3 rings, 5 rings and etc the number of ring is equivalent to the number of amulets that one can wear at the same time. It is encourage to put the heaviest weight of 1 amulet in the center so as to balance out the left and right side of amulets attaching on the necklace.

Some wearers have share that robe may give out odour due to the absorption of the perspiration. Hence, one can choose to air dry the necklace by leaving out in the open before keeping in altar drawer. Or some may use light soap or water to clean the robe and leave it for air dry. Either way it help to lessen the odour.

As the knot of the ring may get loose for robe necklace, do check the necklace regularly at times to prevent your Favourite amulet from dropping out due to loose knot.

Will update a pic of robe necklace here soon.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Like [emoji173]️ this post to show your support for my post which will motivate me to share more with all of you here.

Last edited: 18 January 2018
  20. chriswm85

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)