[Let's Discuss & Share!] Chris Sharing on - How to buy, pick, keep Thai amulets ?

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by chriswm85, 11 December 2016.

1. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim

如果知道是有火,我相信不会往火坑跳吧!

robinmok84 and Benson like this.
  2. Francis85

Francis85 Registered Member

Many Singaporeans still buying coz cheap, they do not know what they are getting themselves into, if you are a collector like me, would you go for cheap and no way to guarantee the amulets authenticity, or get from a dealer who is able to assure you if fake refund but at a higher costs...... I would rather pay more for a piece of mind, to a collector authenticity matters more, also need to see the condition of the amulets also.......

chriswm85 and weeyong88 like this.
  3. numberten

numberten Registered Member

For me I am not worried about fake amulets if it is about the collector value, whether price will increase in the future. I am more worried about getting an amulet that has not been blessed at all.

prince_mk2 and Francis85 like this.
  4. Francis85

Bless before but the duration as compared to those that went thru big ceremony ?

prince_mk2 likes this.
  5. numberten

numberten Registered Member

Of course if went thru big ceremony even better

prince_mk2 likes this.
  6. Francis85

What for if get those amulets bless for like 5 mins only, no value in markets

Melx and AlvinSJL like this.
  7. looinaichong

looinaichong Registered Member

the sharing session is finish?

8. adamcataleya

adamcataleya Registered Member

What type is so called big ceremony?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

Good overview bro chris, im glad my amulets that I have is from father to relatives. Had them since dad brung to usa 1977. And back then fake amulets wasn't that of an issue, and money renting wasn't an issue. If you ask lp for amulets you don't have to give much money , you give just much you can give. That was the way of Buddhist teaching. Giving from your heart. And some was free hand out from famous lp and ajarn.

Now and days I have notice since year 2000 amulets market has been booming, even said on thai news. It was because of high demand from people and other countries. I have a few new amulets I order from Thailand about 10 years ago, it got the temple stamp and mold which I can see from the original lining, so I happy with that, but there is 2 amulets I have im not sure its fake or real.

But we all know it doesn't matter about the money even its a high cost, if its the real thing . It just so damn sad when we buy a high cost amulet and let lp check for power and amulets collectors and saying its not real. It just drains your soul and trust of people you know.

When I went to Thailand, there was so much amulet sellers , made me afraid just to buy one cause there was so many fakes out there. But then again like chris said , if you go to see lp which most all of his amulets are sold out, that was very sad for me.

But I do see a lot of trust worthy amulets seller here in AF, because they go to the temple and take pic with lp and show the amulets he rented. So it just a warm feeling that he went and got it from lp himself . So that seller might be a trust worthy one. Well if he try to sell fake that's his karma of lie to post lp and the temple. Im will to take a chance to buy from this seller better.

10. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

Big ceremony I think he preferring to when all the famous monks comes together and bless the amulets that is made. I think they call it mass chant. My uncle went to one there was at least thousand of people, when they got through and amulets and bucha was to release he couldn't get any all was taking. He was willing to pay high price just to get it and to send me. He came back home with two phra yant clothe that was all left lolz. He said there was important people from other countries and then business people and then local important already reserve for the high piece amulets already lolz.

11. adamcataleya

Tx for the explanation. Small potatoe like us will never get a chance[emoji16]

Blessedbythai and bukboy like this.
  12. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Small potato always get big amulet::onionevilsmile::

13. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

Theres is a good chance for us too brother, I see amulet seller here in AF have nice and sold out ones from Thailand. Its just you willing to pay higher price. Meaning yes small potato like us can get one too!

adamcataleya likes this.
  14. adamcataleya

Yes indeed. U name the price lol

bukboy likes this.
  15. AsSquFou

AsSquFou Registered Member

hi guys,

i am a newbie and have some confusions...do we pick ourself the amulets and the pay for it in the temple?

or the monks will pick for us? because i have heard that some monks will reject the selection of a amulet if it is deemed not suitable for the buyer and ask the buyer to select those less powerful ones.

there are also where some buyer have less cash and want to settle for cheaper ones however due to the predicament that the buyers are in such as declining health or business...the monk will ask to get a more expensive ones and powerful type.

What is the exact procedure actually if it is to get from a temple?

...since temple ones are 100% original.

Lee Roland likes this.
  16. BlackCat

BlackCat Registered Member

If any monk or LP advice me to spend more money and get the most expensive amulet cuase, more pricey, more power, I would say thank you and never ever go there again. BTW, you think your life will be more blessed cause of an amulet than the those people that don't wear or own any?? I do experienced stuff from amulets but.. even without amulets, my life is blessed.. :D

Last edited: 14 February 2017
  17. Gavan

Gavan Registered Member

Greetings blackcat,may i ask what if u intend to get a amulet from abbot of a temple(the amulet was made by his master that passed away,but he left some for fund raising) and u missed 2 appointments(due to valid reasons) with him and he tell you to forget about it and you are not worth his time?

18. BlackCat

BlackCat Registered Member

Than it's ok.. I'm not a dog, I am not going to lower myself and beg for it. If the amulet meant to be my it will be, just like the last Pra King I pre-order, when I first look at the order list and said to myself "too bad, the gold one is out of order.." >. < after a few weeks and re-visit it, someone had canceled their order and 1 last spot open.

adamcataleya likes this.
  19. Gavan

Gavan Registered Member

Thx for ur opnion :)

20. Hayashi Hao

Hayashi Hao Registered Member

Hayashi here.

Rent with faith, wear with faith.
    Spend only on what you want, but take only what you can afford.
    No one else but you, will only know if the means justify the ends.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)