[Let's Discuss & Share!] Chris Sharing on - How to buy, pick, keep Thai amulets ?

chriswm85

Registered Member
Short sharing
Pra Somdej Amulet can saved our lives when we faced a dangerous events like this below.

Protection is the fundamental effect that all of us seek for when wearing an amulet. And that's also why most of us wear an amulet daily for protection.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Short sharing
Pra Somdej Amulet can saved our lives when we faced a dangerous events like this below.

Protection is the fundamental effect that all of us seek for when wearing an amulet. And that's also why most of us wear an amulet daily for protection.

If the pictures of accidents were posted of the people who died when wearing an amulet then the number of pictures would be far greater than the ones who survived when wearing an amulet.Why?
Karma is far more powerful than any amulet.This not to say that amulets are not powerful.It is just common sense.
As far as wearing amulets exclusively for protection i disagree.We wear them for many reasons.

archon75

Registered Member
Amulet is a protection like insurance against the non-kama related bad things or evil encounters.

Kama is something that we can not Siam. We have to do merit and endure thru rough patch

chriswm85

Registered Member
This is a true story happened in year 2016 is a good example to show fake news can influence confidence and create uncertainty about amulets.

Random buyer: Hello, why your Ajarn Pakong Takrut got his signature pakong signed?

Me: I just visited him in the Samnak and got direct from him.

Random buyer: I never see him sign on Takrut before, is this fake?

Me: I just met him, why do you think is fake?

Random buyer: My friend told him he never sign on Takrut and I never see it before! And I also just ask another seller.

Me: I can prove that it is a genuine piece as I am currently in his Samnak. I am able to take photos, video as evidence to support my explantations.

Many times we heard from friends, other sellers or read it through online. Friends might also be at learning stage, other sellers might not have seen or lie, online information written is not updated or fake. The crucial point is on what basis are the information from this source prove to be true as well? Who verify them in the first place? Is any one sorting out the truth among the massive information!?

Fake news are weak and do not have supporting evidence but create only fear, uncertainty and bad image in amulets industry.

Remember what is written online might not be the real truth while what is offline might not be false as well. The world is big out there, many information has been lost, unwritten and waiting for those who step forward and document down the true information.

This post is purely for building awareness and for educational purpose. It is not written to direct at any sellers, buyers or collectors.

Thank you.
By Chris SG Amulets

This is a true story happened in year 2016 is a good example to show fake news can influence confidence and create uncertainty about amulets.

Random buyer: Hello, why your Ajarn Pakong Takrut got his signature pakong signed?

Me: I just visited him in the Samnak and got direct from him.

Random buyer: I never see him sign on Takrut before, is this fake?

Me: I just met him, why do you think is fake?

Random buyer: My friend told him he never sign on Takrut and I never see it before! And I also just ask another seller.

Me: I can prove that it is a genuine piece as I am currently in his Samnak. I am able to take photos, video as evidence to support my explantations.

Many times we heard from friends, other sellers or read it through online. Friends might also be at learning stage, other sellers might not have seen or lie, online information written is not updated or fake. The crucial point is on what basis are the information from this source prove to be true as well? Who verify them in the first place? Is any one sorting out the truth among the massive information!?

Fake news are weak and do not have supporting evidence but create only fear, uncertainty and bad image in amulets industry.

Remember what is written online might not be the real truth while what is offline might not be false as well. The world is big out there, many information has been lost, unwritten and waiting for those who step forward and document down the true information.

This post is purely for building awareness and for educational purpose. It is not written to direct at any sellers, buyers or collectors.

Thank you.
By Chris SG Amulets

This is funny cuz when someone cry fake news they are the ones SELLING IT like trump does.
This post is not intended for anyone on this forum buyer or seller or otherwise.
I would point out though,buyer beware.

chriswm85

Registered Member
The last day of 2019, morning sharing on what are fake amulets? The definition of fakes are original amulets being copied and then being advertised and sold as the original amulet pricing. Due to over demand from people around the world, people will want amulet pieces which have already been tested and reviewed by many.

How fakes come about?
1) Certificate can be fakes. There had also been incidents whereby the serial number given on the Certificate keyed was not even found on the verification company website.

2) Certificate real but the actual amulet is being switched with a fake similar piece.

3) Sellers know it is fake/ unsure the authenticity of the piece and pass out selling as genuine pieces. This part lies with the integrity of the sellers and some driven by greed will choose to walk this path. Well, they won't admit about selling fakes right?

4) Judges are humans who verify the amulets and they could made an error too. Not too long ago I learn that a reputable verification company had even wrote down the year made of the amulet incorrectly and refused to change.

5) Physical amulet can be imitated and make with a fake factory mould.

6) Some inside or outside temple counters may not sell genuine amulet pieces as well especially for those masters who may no longer alive in this era.

All the above behind fakes amulets is mainly due to they want to earn good profits out from this hobby.

How to avoid getting fakes?
A) Do self research, understand the history of the amulet and learn to identify the marks, serial codes, moulds.

B)Avoid getting amulets which are too old made as the longer the period the harder it is to trace back.

C) Get from trustful sources who know how they get their amulets, travel up to meet those masters who are still alive to make amulets.

D) We like good deals but for some deals which are too good to be true then I suggest turn down and walk away.

E) Some will choose to travel to temple to get but advise to get from masters who are still alive.

In the end, there is nothing good that we can get out from wearing fake pieces. I do see people lose faith due to picking the wrong pieces to start off with.

I hereby wish every one a good start for the upcoming new year. Wishing those who read this article a Happy New Year 2020.

chriswm85

Registered Member
Are old amulets better?
As above, we will share on why it can be a no and yes answer. In this post Part 1, we will start off with a no and yes will be in another post. We will let you as a reader to see this from both angles.

Large Quantities? Handmade by master?
------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not possible to know if the old amulets had been handmade personally by the old generation masters as they were made in thousands or over thousands quantities. People such as civilians, villagers volunteer their time and come forward selflessly to help to make amulets for good clause. No one know the exact quantities or which version was exact handpumped by master directly. One thing that can be assured is the amulets were blessed in a big official ceremony.

Hard to verify information?
--------------------------------------------------
People who had the opportunity to meet the master may no longer around or old age lack of IT savvy to write on the Internet. This in turn information was passed down through word of mouth from one person to another. That result in information lost or inaccurate data passed on. Example: wrong year recorded, particular amulet released by 2nd temple instead of the 1st.

There is only demand for Amulets Catalog Book when there were more people keen to collect amulets made by certain master. The publisher will have to approach collectors to borrow the amulet pieces to take photos and interviewed them for information. This may result in inaccurate or incomplete information if collector knowledge is not strong. Amulets book are usually released years after a certain master become popular among the collectors.

In the past, people were less keen to record information back then as it was less of importance as compared to current day.

Value?
------------
We can observed old amulets. As they were made in large quantities, supply can be more than demand and readily available. This also turn out that some old amulets are accessed with a lower price value than the newer amulets today. A 50 years old age amulet may still be below a thousand dollar value in today context.

Unworn, repaired condition?
----------------------------------------------
Its hard to find an unworn condition especially for old popular amulets. Chips, cracks due to aging, wear and tear, drop, poor maintenance letting sweat get into the amulet. Past people may not buy the amulet in large quantities and they see it as a collect and sell hobby for value. Old amulets also might be repaired, washed to look brand new to make it appealing to sell it on the amulet market.

Fakes?
------------
Yes, old gen amulets might have fakes due to popularity and for its resale value. There were some isolated, few cases whereby amulet with company verification certificates got rejected in an amulet competition. The risk of ending with fakes for old gen amulets can be higher.

----------------------------
Disclaimer: This is an educational sharing post meant to let people who are interested in amulets to gain more knowledge. Not directing at any individuals, dealers, collectors or organisation.

By Chris SG