[Let's Discuss & Share!] Chris Sharing on - How to buy, pick, keep Thai amulets ?

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by chriswm85, 11 December 2016.

1. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim

Those interested in Learning about amulets are welcome to check this thread on daily basis.

I'm also glad that many of my clients got to benefit and know me from this thread that I created purely for information sharing.

[​IMG]

EmbraceBuddhism likes this.
  2. chriswm85

Since it's Friday, short sharing for today:

[​IMG]

After collecting amulets for a period of time, you may come across an amulet that's very popular especially to the males is call Khun paen amulets and females are allow to wear them as well. There are two broad categories in Khun paen amulets that one will make in a form of Buddha shape while another feature a warrior image in armor or ancient wear accompanied by ladies at side or a child. The main intention of this amulet is to help wearer gain more charm, attraction and likeable.

Thereafter, we will go by the material used is it mainstream (incense powders, flower pollens) or barang (bones, deceased materials, cemetery soil). Usually master will add extra ingredients at the back of Khun paen amulet. Some will add Ying tong (male & female hug together in sitting or standing up posture), some will add with Kumanthong, some add crystals, minerals Leklai while others use yanted coin.

Coin, crystals and minerals for wealth. Kumanthong for sixth sense, wealth and luck fetching. For yingtong is to further help in relationships such as improve the chances for singles, couples become more loving and harmony.

The ultimate purpose for Khun paen amulets is also to improve one popularity, charm and luck in relationships.

Thank you for reading.

For pictures of Khun paen can be found in this link below.
    SG Amulets ChrisLim - 567 photos - 5 reviews - Product/service -

Valen likes this.
  3. chriswm85

It's weekends! Will be sharing so stay tuned!

To protect this two years knowledge I will integrate all this information into a new platform. Will inform you guys and gals once it's finalise.

Jordy and Valen like this.
  4. chriswm85

[​IMG]

Good Sunday to all reading the forum.

EmbraceBuddhism and Valen like this.
  5. chriswm85

What is happening to amulet hobby in current era?

Back in the past, amulets were promoted less aggressively as compared to current era. The rise of social media have deviate the origin purpose of an amulet that provide us with protection from danger. What we see today is social media is lottery winnings, money display around the amulet or screenshots of winning conversation that give newbies, intermediate or experts the conception that "if u want to win money, wear this amulet". This type of misleading article may make one into believe that wearing amulets is equivalent to winning money. Thus, supporters will try their luck and when the amulet didn't live up to expectations, they lose their faith in or they will start to search for amulets. Some in worse scenario end up with more debts than they started off with. This is one part that is being not shown or shared in social media.

Frankly, when a master make this amulets for good luck purposes, it is his cultivations and the individual (wearer) merits that help the wearer to gain the extra luck/money. If one have extra winnings, it is recommended to do donations to charity Organisations. He as a master don't advocate in gambling and yet he understand that every lay man wish to have that extra funds to support his/her own commitments. Hence, lucky and holy objects are make to improve the wearer luck or help them in their wishes.

[​IMG]
    Chok Dee to all !

By writer Chris Lim

Last edited: 3 July 2018
    weeyong88 and EmbraceBuddhism like this.
  6. chriswm85

It's very good to hear that all of them are alive after going through so many days in cave.

While my amulet network is now pouring out with Kruba Boon chum biography and amulets made by him actively tonight, just note that the entire rescue is a team effort. Still, we need to be thankful to Kruba for his blessings.

Let us not forget that there are also heros such as divers and volunteers who pour in their heart, soul, energy and time.

New updates on this case at
    Thai boys, coach to get 4 months' supply of food as complex rescue operation awaits - Channel NewsAsia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/02/twelve-children-football-coach-found-alive-going-missing-thai/amp/

Last edited: 3 July 2018
    Valen likes this.
  7. numberten

numberten Registered Member

Glad to know that they are all alive and have been rescued

chriswm85 likes this.
  8. chriswm85

9. chriswm85

[​IMG]

What is hype of amulets?

Hype is a trend that is create by certain events, need or stories shared by word of mouth and in business context we call marketing. Chris believe that those into amulets will be seeing the above master amulets on Facebook every single day.

Say if the amulet price was $100 and I didn't have that intention to get one before due to low interest. Now some miracles, events happened cause the amulet rose to $1,000 due to sudden surge. My logic to share with u all is simple "If I miss the amulet at $100, I will not want to pay the same item at $1,000 now." Effect, material, design of amulet still the same whereas the way dealers package it to sell now is different.

My best advice to those who are new is stories is a guideline and never a critical factor to determine whether a master item is good or not. When price get too high, it is always good to wait and observe first.

Rule of thumb is amulet price rise, fall or stay in moderation. Buy one piece at a price that you are comfortable.

Those who like my articles and wish to follow me are welcome to join (like) my FB Page.

What is hype of amulets?Hype is a... - SG Amulets ChrisLim | Facebook

Last edited: 4 July 2018
    Benson likes this.
  10. chriswm85

Let it go, we will be free.

This concept is so true about thinking about amulet power or amulet collections.

Good evening to all.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. chriswm85

12. chriswm85

In the 90s, there were some well known white robe masters which we might heard of due to their popularity.

Photo below show the great master Ajarn Puvon whereby Ajarn Pakong greatly respect and pay tribute to who taught him the skills in the past.

When I first met Ajarn Pakong and saw Ajarn puvon image amulet, his response was this is Grandmaster 师公 wear his self image good. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Ajarn Pakong is very thankful to his master and hence from time to time he will make Ajarn puvon amulets for devotees to be blessed with great luck and protection.

[​IMG]

Example of Ac puvon self image.[​IMG]

weeyong88 and Bestman99 like this.
  13. chriswm85

[​IMG]

Though this no relation with amulets found this pic randomly online and thought of sharing with you guys to have a good laugh about it.

weeyong88 and Valen like this.
  14. chriswm85

Hi every good Sunday

Good amulets are like good durians.

Durian theory
    Once you taste it, you can't resist it.

Amulet theory
    One you wear one, you will believe in it.[​IMG]

weeyong88 and Jordy like this.
  15. chriswm85

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weeyong88 likes this.
  16. chriswm85

[​IMG]

weeyong88 likes this.
  17. chriswm85

There are so many amulets what should I choose?

[​IMG]

This can be a common question for newbie or intermediate amulet wearers seeking for better effects after they have wore one for some time. Out there in amulet market, there are plenty of choices for the type of amulets and masters which make decision making more challenging. E-commerce and social media have make amulet purchases a breeze that we may tend to see amulets becoming a product then its original meaning to why temple made amulet and why we wear an amulet.

Back to some rural areas in Thailand, they will only collect one particular master items as their area could be more remote and they tend to believe in a single master due to their own word of mouth. Imagine 100 people only know and wear the same master holy objects help to grow their faith , belief and unity. True stories like escaping from danger situations like car crushes, bullets or life threatening events eventually make the master and his creation popular eventually spread around the world.

Every master will have their expertise, cultivation, skills and their own creations. The only one thing that they have in common is in lord Buddha that they will pray to daily as well as spreading dharma to lay person. I once asked a master whether he can provide me with katha for Phra Somdej amulet, he smiled at me and said to me "It is the same katha as Phra kring which I have given you earlier." Although we categorise Phra Somdej and Phra Kring they are still the same lord Buddha.

I think for any one who always face a hard time to decide, you can consider picking

(+1) Phra Somdej
    (+1) Phra Kring
    (+1) Monk image rian

The three above are also very popular to their locals so I will recommend any of this above partly because I gain the inspiration after meeting a master. A wearer can just pick one out of the three options above to begin the amulet wearing journey.

With that, thank u for reading this post.

Feel free to press like to show your support as every post will require me to sit, think and write.

Last edited: 12 July 2018
  18. chriswm85

So why so many choices for amulets ? Aren't they the same?

[​IMG]

With no disrespect to this amulets hobby, I will start with something daily that we can relate to in life. Take mobile phone brand for example is we can see many brands available like Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Sony & etc. I'm sure each of us have a preference over the phone to use. Some factors for us to choose could be based on the design, camera function, user function and many other reasons. Though different brand, they are use for the same reason such as make calls, surf web which is communication device.

For amulets, there are many different masters and they will make a few variety of amulets for devotees to carry. A master in his life time will make a wide range of amulets for devotees to choose the piece that they feel connect to wear in their daily lives.

They get to make many type of amulets by:
    [emoji734]️Through Sanskrit ancient textbooks

[emoji734]️A master will have many Teachers in his life. Thus, as he learn, he is able to consecrate different type of amulets.

[emoji734]️They gain inspiration from their own mediation sessions. Some masters have a good bond with certain Deities, Gods that give them the idea to make into amulets to let devotees to have a chance to wear.

The master main intention for all types of amulets that he made is to let the devotees to wear a good luck charm for daily protection. Let us treasure all amulets consecrate by masters with love and respect.

Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu ![emoji120]

Thank you.

Written by SG Amulets Chris Lim

19. chriswm85

Today I will share about my personal experience here about what will be my consideration whenever I plan for my temple run. Each trip I will also plan 2 - 3 new Temples to drop by and preparation homework will be require for my part in order to bring different variety back to Singapore.

[​IMG]

(1) Air flight
    (2) Accommodation
    (3) Transport
    (4) Cost of acquiring goods
    (5) Time, energy and luck

For air flight, I will book a month in advance as usually there will be a few main masters that I will like to visit. As masters may not always be around in temple, it is best to check their schedule before making a trip down to their temple. It will be good to reach Bangkok early as the temple opening hours is from 8.30 to 5pm which is a general guide for all. Will suggest packing some snacks along with you especially travelling to remote places.

Accommodation wise can be easily book with the introduce of social media. There are many new hotels or hotels that been renovate so try to find newer ones as their wifi connectivity will be much better (stable and faster).

For transport, some may choose to take grab or hire a personal driver to travel to Temples. Price wise will be subjective due to the Travelling distance involved. A short distance could mean that Temple A to temple B consume an hour of Travelling time.

Everything involve cost which mean from the temple box, temple paper require funds to be raise first before we see the final product. That include the mould of an amulet. The general rule is the lesser the quantities made the higher the cost involved for temple to produce amulets.

Each trip for me is to bring back as many sacred goods as possible but this will also have to be dependable on my own luck and timing. At times some temples may not receive enough funds due to lack of awareness or they might left with low quantities. Say a release of 999 pcs is barely enough to support Thai and the international market (sg, china, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong & etc) especially if the master is a popular one. We all know that the rarer an amulet the more pricey it can be as collectible edition will appreciate its value.

Every trip require my personal time to travel from point A to B. Hence, there is quite a number of hours on car rides and the humid weather involved. Try to wear light colour clothing to reduce heat absorption. When we reach the respective temples, we also spend some time praying, selecting the items and bring the items for further blessings from master as a good luck ritual. Luck also come in as some masters may not be in temple or they might refuse to have their photograph taken. Hence, taking photos with master is best to ask for consent first before proceeding. So far per day I am fortunate to see at least 5 living masters out of 6 as some stops have never been there before.

With that, I end this sharing session.

Thank you for reading and all of you are welcome to show your support by Like this post.

sctan and trashsgsg0508 like this.
  20. chriswm85

doctor46 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

1. Woopi