[Let's Discuss & Share!] Asian amulet industry is dead?

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by bluewave, 7 May 2018.

1. bluewave

bluewave Registered Member

Even AF, supposedly the region's main forum/community, can't stay afloat...

Seems like the amulet community is too small to sustain? Possible to do an online market like amulet-ebay with credit card payment functionality?

Lets discuss

2. ckp

ckp Registered Member

Due to excessive live biddings?

3. bluewave

bluewave Registered Member

in my personal view, live bidding only satisfies a small segment of the community.. and the whole live bidding trend seems to have died down, compared to a year ago..

seems like not much catalyst to grow this community..

4. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim Premium Member

When I first learn about this forum, it was a time whereby I get to meet many people in person, make new friends and even meet up as a group to discuss on amulets like information learning and sharing. During next weekends, we will even go amulet touring to check out and uncover goodies. Those were the days looking at the amulets physically 那些看佛牌的日子.

There was even a specific thread that the usual khakis will post on forum for coffee talk which we will even compete on the number of posts that each of us contribute.

At present day, I log in here but the familiar faces that I know are no longer active in here.

ax31, nicq, weeyong88 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ben50845

Ben50845 Registered Member

The "industry" dead? Hardly. It's just moving from one platform to another. Taking on a different form driven by consumer behavior. The "industry" is a long way from dying. It's not gonna die as long as there is demand, and demand will always be there. The manufacturing and trading of amulets will continue.
    It's the traditional way of amulet making that's dying.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited: 8 May 2018
    Eojmil, weeyong88, nitro0604 and 8 others like this.
  6. doctor46

doctor46 Forum Moderator Staff Member

Personally no great loss. Golden era khakis or bronze who really cares.

The lack of forum activity by members that lead to the downfall.

Regardless life goes on

enquan, Eojmil, nitro0604 and 10 others like this.
  7. Tashlan

Tashlan Registered Member

Most dealers I know have shifted to facebook where they have better control of the page and access to a wider audience.

To me, the forum died when they introduced the premium section for dealers and forbidden reviews on shops and dealers.

Just look at the amount of spam in the classified section by certain dealers, numerous threads created by the same dealer when they could have been more neatly organized into a single thread.
    Event section used to be a robust and busy section where members or shop owners posted details of Monks/Ajahns visiting Singapore and providing a transparent price list of services.

Discussions and reviews of dealers used to be frequent where we could pinpoint malpractices and hypes.
    We could link discussions to actual sales pages or threads, we could discuss satellite dealers from Thailand and which offers the most competitive prices.

Other amulet forums like Lowyat from Malaysia and Baidu from China are still rather active. It is just AF and SA that are dead because of limitations on discussions and messy salesplace.

2617, doubletap33, Fann and 3 others like this.
  8. doctor46

doctor46 Forum Moderator Staff Member

Hehhe that I agreed as well. Plus the lack of activity with members. Some joined in 2014 and have two posts and then claimed golden era is over. How about contribute to your forum? Or better still joined those golden oldies

I believed with FB more con job

Hehe for sure many newbies will be wack with false advertising about many amulets. Really 4D wining.

2617, Eojmil, ultraboy and 6 others like this.
  9. boi83

boi83 Registered Member

I will miss this forum, it taught me so much about Thai Amulets.

10. Ben50845

We are in the golden era of amulet commerce. It's all about that now. Commerce over traditions.
    This is the amulet industry.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

shao_ken, Eojmil, Andrew33 and 11 others like this.
  11. Ben50845

Long live the industry[​IMG]

12. Randelavie

Randelavie Registered Member

Phong Prai Conman

Eojmil, ultraboy, Scooter and 10 others like this.
  13. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

Amulets business was booming a few years back , and still is. Thailand amulets went up many percentage from demands from other countries. Now and days people kinda smart now, they know theres a lot of fakes industrial amulets are on the shelf. They don't want to pay big money to get fake amulets. They are very cautions now. People selling out from ebay,fb , or there own websites. People that I know that purchase amulets go to main website and there are websites for temple where you can purchase it. Don't ask me cause I don't know , friends tell me about them. I stopped purchasing online now, just waiting to go to Thailand and laos to get it from the monk themself or temple.

yinchuun, nitro0604 and doubletap33 like this.
  14. Firebird79

Firebird79 Registered Member

Agreed. Amulet given by LP is the best.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

bukboy, nitro0604 and doubletap33 like this.
  15. Kratindaeng

Kratindaeng Registered Member

Sad dat its gonna close. Learn alot from this forum and make alot of frenz too. Wish all the forummers the best of luck and do continue the Thai Amulets discussions or collections in another platform.
    Take care all.

bukboy, yinchuun, Valor and 8 others like this.
  16. theone

theone Registered Member

amulet industry is definitely not dead as compared to 12years ago when i first started out. In fact it has gone even more viral and complex. last time there wasn't so much barangs or different kind of funny amulets. But nowadays, you see the amulets that people are getting to wear and the type that dealers brought in, you really can shake your head...
    when i first started out, there wasn't so many amulet shops in singapore but now it has grow in great numbers. even pantip expanded from only 3rd floor to another level on the 2nd floor. amulet price like lp tim, lp phrom, lp thuad fried until sky high but still price remain high to the level not even affordable to our standard.
    however the style and level of collecting in sg still has not changed over the years. people here generally prefer new amulets that cost less than $100.

17. mamborol

mamborol Registered Member

Learnt a lot from the forum, and made several humble friends along the way.

I sincerely hope the forum can continue to serve as a channel for sharing of knowledge and helps those in need of spiritually support.

18. doubletap33

doubletap33 Registered Member

It is sad to hear it's closing. Learned a lot about humans here and other info.However, the wanton banning and suspending of members could have attributed to AF demise.Then there is the malware link by members of other faiths who are present at AF. The restrictions at present will discourage an active forum. Many of the old members and experts really do help us a lot with their knowledge and info.Even in Siam the amulet business is suffering a recession as low demand in My and Sg or other countries.Thank you guys and gals.Sadhu 3x.

bukboy, yinchuun, Valor and 2 others like this.
  19. nitro0604

nitro0604 Registered Member

Hello....pls pay copyright fees...:D

20. rickysnn

rickysnn Registered Member

Can we make petition to keep open ?

bukboy, yinchuun, Valor and 1 other person like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)