1. Premium Membership

Premium Membership

Dear all, 

Please note that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds. Click to upgrade your account today!
  2. Virtual Shopfront AmuletForums.com

Virtual Shopfront

3. Freebies/Giveaway

AmuletForums Notice

Members who wish to give away their amulets, buchas, etc for free please use the Freebies/Giveaways Sub Forums

Freebies/Giveaways

Yan Kropetch

Discussion in 'Mantras Kathas Sutras' started by PictureHouse, Dec 27, 2010.

1. PictureHouse

PictureHouse Registered Member

Some call it the Diamond Sutra while many belive that upholding this mantra allows one to be formidable from all negative 'chi' and dangers.

I append a link for your digestion.

http://lekwatruak.tripod.com/kropetch.html

If you have expereibce to share after reciting or wearing 'Yan Kropetch' cloth amulet, do relate your story for all to read.

quakze77 likes this.
  2. Rodin

Rodin Registered Member

according to what I have learnt about it it hasnt got anything to do with the Diamond Sutra at all..
    it simply means Diamond Armour - which is to be understood in terms of meditation practice that when chanted as a kata whilst in Jhana, it can create an armour around you to be protected from possilbe harmful nimitta's that might want or seem to be attacking you, or simply bothering your practice...
    at least, this how I apply the use of this kata myself to make a sense of a deeper inner point of return or place to reside in myself/own body... I wear it as a sak yant on my stomach, where I can easily make a connection to when focusing on the breath, similar almost to the Dhammakaya method.

bakeneko likes this.
  3. warlockSG

warlockSG Registered Member

bro rodin
    you seem very experienced
    which school are you from may i ask?

so after activating the diamond armour
    you will not be bothered by illusions in the mind and actual entities?

4. warlockSG

after reading the webpage i don't understand
    I-TI-PI-SO TON HONG from YAN KROPETCH

care to explain further?

5. jayanto

jayanto Registered Member

itipiso ton hong is also known as buddhaguna or virtues of the buddha. yan kroptech breaks up the original pali katha into individual syallables (8x7) and is read vertically adjacent to the pali version. in other words, yan kroptech is derived from the original itipiso.

6. Tohsan

Tohsan Registered Member

My experience from chanting daily YK n Itipiso, the part for the reflect of energies from back staber is true, this one from my personal experience really work, whoever get it really end up in very very bad shape especially to those that already get used to slander others. This happen to one of my business competitors. Initially, I heard a lot of rumour that he talk bad about my business directly from my customers, later he try all kind of way to steal my business. I didn't habour any bad will toward him, just go on with my business as usual n sincerely pray to Lord Brahma n Lord Phra Keow to "help" my business as well as chanting the YK daily. After 6 months from the days my customer told me about him, one day his insurance salesman, which is also happen to be my friend bump into me n struct up a conversation. He told me that this fella misteriously end up very sick n lost one of his legs too, now he even hv problem walking up to his own apartment on the level 4. I hope he will turn back to a "right" way n lead a good life just like the way teach by our Lord Buddha. :smile:

7. Tohsan

Tohsan Registered Member

Sifu

u don hv to understand it, for the YK to work u just hv to believe it tats it! :biggrin:

sam1980 likes this.
  8. warlockSG

so itipiso ton hong is known as virtues
    yan kroptech is for diamond armour

correct?

9. jayanto

jayanto Registered Member

haha you are correct. itipiso is the chant of buddha's virtues. yan kroptech is the mantra of diamond shield. i have no experience with yan kroptech, but to me both kathas are good for protection.

10. Rodin

Rodin Registered Member

Which school I'm from? In what sense you meant to ask that question?
    Because although having learnt from different teachers and from a lot of self-reflection etc, the only real 'school' where not only me but everyone&everything comes from is the mind...

Anyway, to put it down to more reasoning concepts of understanding such experiences (in order to avoid making it sound all too mystical etc), there are of course different methods and points of focus on how to use this particular kata and there is not 1 that is the best among others.
    One way of using it could be by visualizing an 'force-field' of the actual diamond armour, focusing on expanding it and cause our feelings of a physical body to emerge into. This is a bit like how the Dhammakaya method is being used. It has profound abilities for Jhana practice and Samatha in general. But overall, it lacks insight gained by investigating the experiences as can be done by Vipassana instead.
    So, another method to apply this kata for practice, and which seems to fill the gap or making a connection/bridge with Itipiso, is as follows:
    Whilst meditating one can enhance awareness by examing closely what is being felt and experienced within one's body, this helps to understand our feelings better as we tend to prevent our mind from running off into mere speculation/imagination by the ongoing thoughts we have and can do so by focusing solely on what is actually being felt in the present moment. This can be done by systematically 'scan' through all the parts of the body - back and forth - by using the breath to bring one's awareness to those parts of the body.
    I found kata Itipiso and Paed Tidt very useful for these purposes as it leads/'channels' our awareness into all the directions, both within our body - and after reaching a deeper sense of a 'base' or home within one's own body - this awareness then can be expanded beyond these created boundaries of the body and enhance even further, leading to a more refined or subtle state of awareness (sati-sampajanna, and once become like a 'second nature' for the mind to focus on, it can lead to mahasati-sampajanna) into all directions of the universe, as is the case with Itipiso and Paed Tidt. The reason why the practiced result should be 'protection' (from all directions) is because one has build up and solid base to rest in from where one then is able to focus and control the mind properly which should then avoid any distortions of the mind caused by disturbances of nimitta's or any thoughts in general.
    And as for the concept and understanding of a diamond armour it works exactly the same, but an important difference is that once established, this leaves behind any concepts of the body as in Itipiso and Paed Tidt, and thus can be practiced beyond solely Samatha practice and therefore be aid by the wisdom gained from it and then applied to Vipassana. In that case it no longer stops with tranquility and equanimity of mind by the feelings of a solid base of practice within oneself, but the awareness combined with wisdom then can be used to investigate the real truth of the actual experiences which then can reveal their inherent essence of dukkha-anicca-anatta. This is the real power of an diamond armour because, like a diamond, it cuts right through the kilesas (mental defilements) and breaks down the ignorance and delusion that hold us back from seeing and understanding their nature.
    And so, to answer your second question, it is in this context how one should understand how nimitta's are to be dealt with :)

jag likes this.
  11. tommisuphan

tommisuphan Registered Member

How many times do you chant Itipi and Yan kropetch?

I tried to look everywhere but I cant find, because My other chantings I do 3-9 times 2 times a day.
    Do I chant this 1 time morning ande evening or moore times?

12. dharani

dharani Registered Member

Yant kropetch also called yant paed thi. Each verse stands for each universal 8 direction.. It's believed that by chanting this katha, not only u ll be protected, but also receiving blessings n good luck wherever directions u r going. Yant kropetch is form from itipiso in vertical with each Khmer character linking to another making the whole diagram looks like a rectangular shield.. Yant paed thi is formed with each of the seven Khmer character from yant kropetch in eight directions. Hence by chanting yant kropetch one is also receiving protection n blessings in every directions not only the shield covering himself.

sam1980 likes this.
  13. bakeneko

bakeneko Registered Member

Blessings like luck/metta are direct opposite of effective protection, but well...

14. dharani

dharani Registered Member

Magnets do attract n repel... Depending

15. ChinKung

ChinKung Registered Member

Hi,

Does anyone know is the any shops in spore selling Yant Kropetch chanting CD? I tried searching Evergreen at Pearl Centre and Ren Ting at Fu Lu Shou, but couldn't find.

Thanks.

16. Kronthor

Kronthor Registered Member

Itipi So Phakawa Arahang Samma Samputtho Vitcacaranak Sampanno Sukato Lokavitu Anuttaro Purisatammasarathi SatthaTayvamanusanang Puttho Phakavatik.
    Savakato Phakawata Thammo Santitthiko Akaliko Ayhikpassiko Opaknakyiko Patcattang Vaythitappo Vinyuhiktik
    Supatipanno Phakavato Savakasangko, Ucukpatipanno Phakavato Savakasango Yayakpatipanno Phakavato Savakasango, Samicikpatipanno Phakavato Savakasangko Yathithang: Cattarik Puriksayukanik Atthak Puriksapukkala, Aysak Phakkavato Savakasangko, Ahukneyyo Pahukneyyo Thakkhineyyo Ancaklikaraniyo Anuttarang Punyakkhaytang Lokassaktik.

Mp3 for this Katha.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6et3b3lgeuhlup/Buddha_Dhamma_Sangha_guna.mp3f

onlee and ChinKung like this.
  17. quakze77

quakze77 Registered Member

Hi seniors ,

Is it possible for those who knw how to chant this katha Yant Kropetch write down the katha and share with us , I know there's a link but I still don't really understand so hope seniors can write down this katha n share . Your help is kindly appreciated

18. blackrock

blackrock Registered Member

Dear Bros,

can I have the MP3 for I-TI-PI-SO TON HONG

and

the MP3 for YAN KROPETCH

would like to learn how to chant the mantra properly . I tried searching for it in the forum , but most of it have being deleted as the files is very old ....

any kind bros can help me on this ?

also

should start with Na Mo Tassa Bhakhawato Arahato Samma Sambudh Tassa X 3 , then by I-TI-PI-SO TON HONG , followed by YAN KROPETCH ? what is the correct way of chanting it ?

thanks

blackrock

19. Ken Ken

Ken Ken Registered Member

I used to chant both LP Parn katha daily and really, it works against backstaber

20. blackrock

blackrock Registered Member

Dear bro,

What is the proper way of reading that mantra ?

Currently I read it this way .....
    1)
    Namo tassa X 3
    Then I Ti Pi So X5 ( still using MP3 recording as not use to it but learning )

Followed by
    2)
    Namo tassa X 3
    I Ti Pi So I say say I X 5 ( still using MP3 )

Followed by
    3)
    Namo Tassa X 3
    Wira Daryo... X 9 ( can memorize it already )

Finally
    4)
    Namo tassa X 3
    Then Yan Kropetch X 3 ( using mp3 and read ... The hardest to memorize at the moment )

I wonder is this okie ? Or any word of wisdom from bros ? Advices ?

Thanks
    Blackrock

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)