thinking of getting a Wat bangkrung Khun Paen bout 400 yrs old, red meat, was quote $500. What you

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by Superzorro, 17 February 2015.

1. Superzorro

Superzorro Registered Member

What you guys think?thinking of getting a Wat bangkrung Khun Paen bout 400 yrs old, red meat, was quote $500.

2. Wasabi

Wasabi Forum Moderator Staff Member

Pretty cheap for an antique. :roflmao: I think all these old antique amulets for sale are ok for looking at, but I would never rent any of them. The risk is too high. Not trying to discourage you from getting this amulet, but if you don't know how to distinguish real from fake then it's better to keep your money.

-Wasabi ::oniongoodjob::

momo_jojo and bakeneko like this.
  3. fazhu

fazhu Registered Member

Removed

Last edited: 24 April 2015
    Wei Wei likes this.
  4. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim Premium Member

Forum is free of speech. There are people who pro you and there are people who anti you.

At the end of the day you decide what's the best for you. Value is only translated or tagged a price when another party is willingly to tag a sum on the amulet. And another factor to look at is how much we willingly to pay. $50 to some can be ex while $500 can be cheap. Just like some well known amulets can turn into ten or hundred thousands of baht over night. Up until now people are still chasing despite knowing the original temple price.

5. Danleo85

Danleo85 Registered Member

$500 is very cheap only if it's authentic.

If you dunno how to proof the authenticity, then better don't move.

If you want to take the risk, nobody will stop you.

But through experience, greed will only bring disappointment.

firebrand, rainmankl and bakeneko like this.
  6. mythaiamulet

mythaiamulet Registered Member

Do research. Get from reputable source and you have greater chance of an authentic piece. Good luck!​

bakeneko likes this.
  7. Kratindaeng

Kratindaeng Registered Member

Do more research...... Go and look at the wat bangkrang khun paen whoever owns it, be it personal collections or at shops, be it 50yrs old up to 400+ yrs old, compare and learn more if u hav the patience and not rushing to get one. I always believe this, if ur fated to own an amulet u seeking for, sometimes the amulet will come to you. Well, I'm not sure bout how others may experience this, but I did experience it. Good luck in getting the khun paen wat bangkrang.

Davo likes this.
  8. jag

jag Registered Member

$500.00 will only get u an old ayutthaya/suphan kp but Wat Bang Krang 400years old Kp no way....unless he's crazy or he's ur very good friend letting go of his collection or switching religion.....most red meat kp r from Ayutthaya, afaik.

9. Superzorro

Thank you for all your kind reply :) really appreciate it guys !!!
    Any one would like to showcase their 400yrs old khun paen ??
    or any tips on how to look out for an 400yrs old khun paen?

Thank again

10. rainmankl

rainmankl Registered Member

I would like to think so.
    Any 400 yo genuine antique should cost more than that ,unless you are damn lucky.
    If I paid Sing$500 , I would only expect a genuine antique amulet around 40 years and provided I am lucky too.

If not genuine , then die lah,what to do ??? (he!he!he!)

11. Superzorro

hahahahahah! true that, i was thinking ytd while looking at the 400yrs old kp, is it really that old and real? Told him give me a day to think.
    So conclusion i think i'll not get the 400 yrs old kp. do more research and then decide.

Any bros can recommend any khun pean? preferable " bangkrang, lp tim"

Thanks!

12. jag

jag Registered Member

Hmmm......how about this....save up a bit more, fly to Bangkok than travel to Suphanburi (which is slightly more than an hour from Bangkok) look for Wat Bang Krang n tatata......all the 100% genuine Wat Bang Krang in front of u, how old u want also have, not enough u can also go to the monk's quarter......just remember to bring enough money, hahaha

13. Superzorro

i like
    i like your idea

14. Mercenary

Mercenary Registered Member

Totally agree bro.If fated to own the khun phean and it chooses you.Same experience

Kratindaeng likes this.
  15. rainmankl

Hai jag,

Does the Wat definitely have old KP ?. Most Wat only carry new ( less than 20 yo ) amulet done by themselves.

Any idea on the price with the years done if you have been to the Wat ??
    At least we can budget properly and not caught by surprises.
    Or they do not have what we want.
    I think most collectors here rent amulet with a specific years ( not me , I just like old and genuine one) with a certain price ,off course.

16. rainmankl

Superzorro,
    I am seriously looking into the below site but had not rent anything yet.
    You can look into it but most quotation I get is above US$400
    Even if you don't like it ,you can learn from it
    http://www.thaiamulets.lekwatruak.com/

17. jag

jag Registered Member

Every amulet depends on its age, condition n phim(style).....usually temple's counter price is dearer than outside dealer's price, that's why u can consider going to monk's quarter to see whether some of the senior monk might have some in their own possession.....more or less,u must first know what u looking for. U can also haggle with the price alittle....400yo KP Wat Bang Krang, avg cond n nice phim not famous phim should be ard $1500-2000.00. Best to spend some time there doing ur hunt perhaps 1-2 days....don't commit urself too easily or else hahaha, always look for the best deal.....start learning....

Last edited: 17 February 2015
    Rai-Jin likes this.
  18. rainmankl

Hai Jag,
    You are saying there are authentic 400 yo KP Wat Bang Krang in the market costing Sing $1500 ?? or in the Wat ??
    Anyway , nobody would know who actually consecrated the amulets ? or whether
    it is a true amulet (not decorative ) during that period of time.Just my opinion

19. jag

jag Registered Member

Amulet market n Wat also have lah! That's why u must know what u want n do ur study....literally all those old antique amulet are the same but somehow few still have ancient records available. Whether it's a amulet or a pcs of decorative art depends on ur own but for most of the Thais, it's accepted as an amulet, an antique n also as a decorative piece of ancient art.....hahaha, for the thai, they have a strong Buddhist culture unlike Singapore n malaysia, from history u will know. Ayutthaya period, Singapura wasn't even founded....culture plays a big part in amulet. 400yo is nothing compare to other older amulets, which can date back to 1000yo.....study, my friend....

Last edited: 17 February 2015
    Rai-Jin likes this.
  20. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim Premium Member

Bro, Lp nuam Khun paen 2551 made use of wat bang kang powder. I can help you and is value for money.::oniongoodjob::

jag likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)