Share your Hotel Lobangs here!

Discussion in 'Thai Travel Recommendations' started by onionaut, 30 April 2010.

1. Dimension

Dimension Registered Member

yes sir, now they renovated already.. but still in progress.. only higher floors already renovated.. last time really bad.. food for the past 5yrs i'm there, i can comfirm every day is the same... but never mind.. along yaowaraj eat until you vomit.. service not bad... internet i never try before so i dunno.. but dun call for extra bed.. coz the bed is the old days army style.. but for this trip i'm staying in residence hotel.. thanks for the recommendation.. coz yaowaraj de traffic jam until all taxi drivers dun wanna on their meter which i encounter my previous trip

2. Dimension

Dimension Registered Member

Bro.. thanks for your recommendation.. this hotel very relax.. suitable for those who buay tahan noise de.. i reach there first thing is.. wha lao eh.. how come in the middle of the car park got a red lighted altar.. and the car park is very dark.. after i walk into the lobby is.. another heaven.. i never share the picture of the carpark.. looks scary lol
    share the bright side.. The only worst part for me is.. at night nothing to eat outside the hotel.. must walk.. oh ya been eating the macdonald opposite for my supper daily haha
    not forgetting.. nice breakfast they have..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. manhole

manhole Registered Member

I Residence

http://www.bangkok.com/i-residence/

I Residence at Silom is good. Value for money.
    Across the road from Chong Nonsi BTS which is only a few stops away from Siam BTS. 1 stop away from Saladaeng or about 10mins walk to Pat Pong. 2 stops away from Saphan Thaksin BTS to get to the Chao Phraya River.
    Simple and clean rooms.
    Heritage hotel just beside with a traditional massage joint which opens till 1am or 2am( I forgot):thumbs_up:

4. monksilo

monksilo Registered Member

bro, thank you for sharing, useful info
    we need more peoples like you to share

5. Chanel

Chanel Registered Member

A-2 House Bangkok

:boink: Super Cheap!!! Excellent location!!! :boink:

:thumbs_up: 800baht per night!!!
    :thumbs_up: Very convenient!!!
    :thumbs_up: Room, clean and modern.
    :thumbs_up: 5 min walk to Platinum mall.
    :thumbs_up: In the heart of Pratunam.
    :thumbs_up: 3 mins walk to the Famous Wanton Mee.
    :thumbs_up: 1 min walk from Bayoke Suite Hotel but 3 times cheaper!
    :thumbs_up: Best location for shoppers.

:biggthumpup1: Best BUDGET hotel.

The place may look scary and dangerous downstairs but I use to stay there alone for a week. Its totally fine! :wink2:

http://www.asiarooms.com/en/thailand/bangkok/217176-a_2_house-hotel-gallery.html

6. missysummer

missysummer Registered Member

i would recommend the sunrise residence. walking distance to Silom and 2 train stations (Silom and Lumpini) and Suan Lum Night Bazaar where a place to shop and chill at night.

It's owned by a Japanese lady and her family is staying next to the hotel. The staffs there are friendly and very service-oriented. :)

http://www.thesunriseresidence.com/

7. Crazyred

Crazyred Registered Member

Hotel Budacco ... Besides Baiyoke ... The staff are very friendly & there's different room themes to choose from. Rooms are very new & clean.
    You can even communicate with the staff directly through their FB ...
    :)

8. ajahn naka

ajahn naka Registered Member

if you want cheap and good hotel , you can consider chaleena hotel in ramkhamheng near airport .1 nite abt $25 singapore dollar .

9. luangtom

luangtom Registered Member

My wife and I stay at the Sakol House, one block off Khaosan Road. It is quiet in its rear rooms and has an attached restaurant and walking distance to shag a cab or tuk-tuk. It runs about 1,200-1,600-baht per night, depending upon which type of room one gets. They have a web-site, plus rooms are able to be booked online via the normal hotel web-sites. We can easily get to the amulet-markets near Wat Mahathat and the Chao Phaya river from there and also easy to get to the amulet-market on Thanon Mahachai near Wat Ratchanada.

10. facepalm

facepalm Registered Member

I stay at Calypzo Hotel on Rachadapisek when I am in BKK by myself - right next to the Emerald Hotel and owned by the same people. right opposite Huai Khwang MRT and near the Phra Pikanet shrine. When they first opened - the price was B1000, and still is B1000 per night. Clean and convenient. Best is to ring up and book. www.calypzo-bangkok.com

If you're travelling with a significant other, Novotel Siam Square is nice and uber convenient. Food options are good and not to mention shopping for ladies and massages. The breakfast buffet is great, which is why I like Novotel SS.

11. IamClive

IamClive Registered Member

I would recommend Centrepoint@Pratunam. Cost around $90 per night and if you are booking thru' Agoda with UOB or OCBC credit card, the maximum discount is extra 7% for platinum credit card holders and 5% discount for normal credit card holders. Please note that you would have to go to UOB or OCBC agoda page then you can activate the discount.

Centrepoint room is big, it's more of a studio room fully equipped with a kitchen. Location is very good too. Almost everything is excellent there. The breakfast is great, swimming pool so-so, gym is good, wifi connection is good too. Nag much to complain about this hotel.

Another hotel. Would recommend is Amanta@Ratchada. Location is very good too. 5min walk to BTS, noon - night market. Lots of food, Esplanade just 7mins walk, Big C...
    This hotel is actually a condo. It cost around $110-$120 after hotel tax. They have a 1 and 2 bedroom choice. All rooms is equipped with kitchen, washing machine, separate living room, and bedroom. 2 aircons bursting, 2 TVs. The pros is the comfortable bed and big room. The location is also a pro. The cons will be the breakfast and the wifi. Breakfast is boring, not much selection, wifi connections always have to self log in each time your phone woke up from sleep. Overall still satisfied with this hotel.

For budget hotel, my choice will be MyHotel@ Pratunam or MyHotel@ Ratacha. It's cheap and nice too.
    Budacco Hotel is also a very good choice for budget. Cost less than $70. Room is big for a budget hotel. Nice deco and clean. Location is fabulous too. The area is filled with food and shopping. You have to book really advance if you like Budacco as its always fully booked, very difficult yo get a room here.
    M2 at Ding Deang is also a budget hotel, but he room is clean and big as well. Location is away from shopping area, would have to take taxi, but not that far. A lot of China tour groups n this hotel.

12. scarface

scarface Registered Member

any more new hotel lobangs to share guys??? :D

am planning for a trip to BKK this April..

13. Changchun

Changchun Registered Member

Hi bros and sis !
    Yes yes , anymore newer and more affordable and most convenient hotels to stay ?
    I only know baiyoke botique (behind baiyoke sky) about $50 per night . Room is big . Near to railway .

scarface likes this.
  14. scarface

LOL bro i was actually looking to book this hotel too.. looks like the most reasonably priced and quite a descent hotel :D

15. Changchun

I stayed there before , just hoping there's a better one , as in convenient for transport , and food and shop .
    Earawan shrine just 15 mins walk away . Haha !
    How about you , any experienced before for which hotel ?

16. scarface

u mean baiyoke boutique is not convenient enough? haha i thought its walking distance to everywhere.. except if u wanna visit temples that's around khao san area..

i used to always stay at sukhumvit and hwai kwang area.. thats why i dont want to stay there no more haha.. wanna stay near temples so easier for visits :D

17. scarface

ok my trip to BKK is confirmed! April 12th to 16th.

Temple visit on 14th and 15th.

Rough itinerary:

14th- Trip to Korat to visit LP Koon Wat Ban Rai and Kruba Krissana

15th- Nakorn Pathom - LP Pern, LP Yeam, LP Somphong and a few more

Already booked Ah Chai for the tour - whoever wants to join, just share the transportation cost lo ::oniongoodjob::

Korat - 4000baht inclusive of petrol
    Nakorn Pathom - 3000baht inclusive of petrol

18. Changchun

Baiyoke is really convenient to shopping , to railway stations , to erawan , but to temples , I think still need transfer boat rides after bts to like wat arun . But famous one I don't know how to go but only taxi
    T_T

Anyway you know LP inn or LP key temples ?

19. RunBkk

RunBkk Registered Member

Try agoda, hotel.com and a few other website to find the best deal. Some hotels maybe cheaper but it maybe far away from where you wanna go or do so adds up to the same.

So hotel areas i feel are also not too suitable if you are travelling with family /kids.

20. RunBkk

RunBkk Registered Member

Bro, remember to bring more Zip Lock bags

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)