Religion?

Discussion in 'The Abyss' started by bukboy, 20 April 2018.

1. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

Hello AF friends,

As being buddist and living in usa for so long since I was little. I have notice belief in religion is very different from every culture. Im trying to figure out what is the true religion? I know that there are many religion in this world , we can say our religion is the best. We can say that in our own community or people have same faith. But as getting older starting to see things different. Its peoples belief in there religion. I live in usa where there much Christians then any other religion. Christian don't believe in ghost , they do believe that when you die your soul travels to other dimension like heaven or hell.

Living here the americans never had to worry about evil spirits or ghost encounter. If they hear that theres a haunted place or event they would grab there cameras and ghost detector just to try to get something that they can prove to people lol. But anyways I find it very different from thinking , fear and the truth. In usa they see a poisonous snake there would be a brave person would try to catch it, and handle it without making it hurt. But In asia if you see poisonous snake they would run or would try to kill it. Just like if there some where haunted people wont get close to the place in asia. I think in asian country its the fear of lessons that we get from elders and people or religion script that make us fear.

Long time ago I wanted to leave Buddhist religion, and what every comes with it, like black magic, evil spirits sorceries and all those goods stuff. Because if I could leave this place and the religion , I have to go live wheres no Asian , only other race. But that couldn't never happen.

I don't fear other races here I fear my own people. Im afraid of getting curse, or sorceries if someone really hates me or what I said to them they take it the wrong way. I have seen a lot about these stuff. But I have never seen anything with other races. Because they don't believe in it.

In asia they have the little spririt houses everywhere on the streets and in there yard. I went to Thailand couple of years ago, where there was a road that curves, there was like about 20 spirit house along the side roads. Where there was a lot of offering to the spirit. Because that road they thought it was curse and many people died of accident there. Its because the people believe it was a curse road. Scratching my head and thought hmmm. Here in America they have a lot of roads where theres accident and people died a lot. But they investigate that the speed limit was too high so they would reduce speed limit and for sure accident went down percentage.

Here we go hunting in the forest , I mean deep forest . The people my age that mostly live in usa never thought of forest spirits or ghost. They go in there with open mind and don't think about that and would stay up on the tree pitch dark wating for a deer to walk by. But when I go with an elder person that , he would offer the spirt forest something and would ask favors to get a deer. Kinda spooks me, because I do wear amulet when I go and I don't think about ghost and stuff.

I want ask ask our fellow members what do yall think? I was thinking yall think the same but different from me?

2. Ben50845

Ben50845 Registered Member

Hmm... so if I change to a religion that doesnt believe in ghosts I will never get spirit attacks.
    If you leave Buddhism you never have to worry about black magic, evil spirits and so on.

Well Christianity has demon possessions so thats out. I think better for you to find a belief system where there is no hell. Just heaven. That would be perfect.

3. boi

boi Registered Member

In Western countries where medical science is so advanced, when one is attacked by spirits or black magic, they are diagnosis as suffering from mental health issue.

Also, if there are no spirit attack in Western countries, why is the Pope starting courses on exorcism?

bukboy and Randelavie like this.
  4. Randelavie

Randelavie Registered Member

magic, curse, ghost dont have relation with buddhism. they are natural things. they are there since buddhism havent been there and even there is no buddhism. magic and curse are manipulating elements, ghost etc so it is called art.. if use for bad purpose it is dark arts.

even u convert to other religion doesnt mean they are disappear.. u are u, there they are. just u push ur self to not believing it. just like ppl in the past doesnt believe that the earth go around the sun. ppl may not believe it in galileo and copernicus era but the earth still go round the sun. it is only in ur mind

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bukboy, Ben50845 and DannyBoi92 like this.
  5. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

I know what you mean but curse , black magic and so on is not part of Buddhist but its in Asian culture. But here in the state they don't even believes in that, because there religion doesn't tell them too. When I tell them about these things they laugh and think im crazy lolzz. Its not a part of there religion and they don't believe and I don't see it exist in usa .

Just like a white American friend once told me that his house was haunted. At night he will here things and tv will turn on by itself. I ask him aren't you scare? he said what can a spirit do to him? he said he scare of a real person then a spirit. Because a real person can kill you. He do have a point though.

If that was us we be looking for ajarn or monk or master to get rid of the ghost right? lol
    Maybe your comment was right " it is only in your mind" very true for that

6. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

Exorcism only exit in the church, to me I think they are hypnotize . But in society and community I have never heard of exorcism around town or on news. But Asian community I have seen a lot, but the evil spirits are Asian , a lot of the spirit was from a curse or spirits from our home country that came to possess for a reason.

7. bukboy

bukboy Registered Member

I tried to leave but I couldn't because here I have a lot of friends with our belief , like amulets , barrangs . Its in my blood and culture I cant get away from it. But I thought if I was born here and raise as Christian or catholic or any other religion I wont have to think about , ghost and goblins, spirits , hauntings and so on.

But really about demon possession there very low case in Christianity, they would think the person is mental or insane , or drug use, alcohol abuse and so on. But RARELY you will know about that here. Its because they don't think about those kinda stuff , they rather drink beer sit on there fat ass, and watch football lol...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)