[Question/Help!] Question about Traveling with Amulets

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by dmarenz, 13 June 2018.

1. dmarenz

dmarenz Registered Member

Hi, I was hoping I could get people’s opinions, as I don’t have much experience with Thai amulets. I may just be overthinking/worrying for no reason, but I wanted to ask what you folks with more experience think.

I recently came back from a trip to Thailand with a number of amulets. I have some takrut, some powder amulets, and one is a picture of an Arjan with yantras written on the backside.
    I brought these back in my carry-on luggage, as I thought it would be better then checking them. BUT, I wanted to keep these close to me throughout the flight, so I actually put my carry-on bag under the seat in front of me. I did make sure to not put my feet over the bag throughout the flight. And the amulets themselves never touched the ground (only the luggage itself was touching the ground). But, after I landed, I really questioned why I had left the bag on the ground, and I started to worry that leaving the amulets that low to the ground might have affected the blessings of the amulets. Do I need to get the amulets reblessed at this point? Or, am I just overthinking things and they are totally fine?

Thanks!

2. Jordy

Jordy Registered Member

Amulets don't lose their energy so easily. Such trivial things such as putting close to the ground will not affect the amulet much, as long as your heart is pure. So, reblessing is not needed.

Do what thou will but harm none.
    -Wiccan Rede

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Plussixfive likes this.
  3. Wadeekrup

Wadeekrup Registered Member

Good amulets no need to worry about their "power".

4. Randelavie

Randelavie Registered Member

Just pay attention to your mind speech and precepts. As long as well consecrated one treat with respect as holy object should be no problem. About restrictions need to ask the creator

EmbraceBuddhism and Bestman99 like this.
  5. Norbu

Norbu Registered Member

Also respect for holy object. Which should be mindful where the holy object place.

Ben50845 likes this.
  6. Bestman99

Bestman99 Registered Member

Is human own thinking so much on amulets. Amulet serve a purpose on remind oneself to do good & follow percept. Respect to amulet comes from the heart. Placing near to you is a good thinking, under the seats is okay. If u feel guilty or worry.. u could apologise to your amulets etc. (it doesnt serve any purpose though just making urself feel better, In my opinion no dieties, buddha, arahant would blame you for putting under seats). Don't worry so much ~ If a amulet bring even more worries & troubles to human. Why would it be created in the first place?

Jordy likes this.
  7. dmarenz

dmarenz Registered Member

Hey, thanks for the input, everyone. I think you all make good points, and I do feel better.

8. fazhu

fazhu Registered Member

Over thinking but is ok. Next time don’t leave on the ground to make your heart feels better.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)