plastic casing by FLS SMF

Discussion in 'Accessories & Equipments' started by M_chew, 4 April 2013.

1. Sip Song

Sip Song Registered Member

That was so fark tup! Sorry to hear that bro!

2. wthaiamulet

wthaiamulet Registered Member

Bro last time ah xu address in where? Thx

3. Vainkid

Vainkid Registered Member

I'm stay away from benlene far far away. Too many stories and I can't accept the way they uncase or removal of acrylic hence I'm giving it a pass

4. Vainkid

Vainkid Registered Member

Hi irregardless of how you feel, please control your emotion. Forum rules and regulation still applies. Cheers

5. Sip Song

Sorry sorry.

6. M_chew

M_chew Registered Member

can share what you heard with us..

7. sonofagan

sonofagan Registered Member

The small sized guy at FLS 3rd floor Golden Thai is called Ah Jiang. Ah Yee used to be his partner but I believe that he has left Singapore for good.
    While Thai wrappers have generally better workmanship, Ah Jiang's standard, I personally consider to be above average compared with most of the other wrappers in Singapore.

Mangala likes this.
  8. Valor

Valor Registered Member

I agreed that Ah Jiang is good too. Have let him bao numerous amulets so far very contented.

Mangala likes this.
  9. melvin007

melvin007 Registered Member

cant be more agreeable with bro sonofagan, he is one of those few amulet wrappers in SG that does a good job at a reasonable price... all amulets are precious to everyone of us in this forum and thus, passing to someone reliable to wrap and protect those precious amulets of ours from harm is important...

cant imagine having a chip on our somdej amulets or dents on our rians... that would be disastrous ::onioncryy::

chun likes this.
  10. M_chew

M_chew Registered Member

Yes strongly agreed with this..but for somdej usually will use AF Case

sam1980 likes this.
  11. LBW

LBW Registered Member

third floor golden thai, sorry but i dun think its good. The skinny guy there i let him wrapped twice bad experiences, will not be going again.
    1st time : went there around 650pm, i ask him collect tomorrow can, he say ok. End up i went back the next day at same timing around 6+pm. Yet he told me need to wait another 1 and a half hr. Reason he told me too many amulet to do, but the funny part is he was looking for my amulet as talking to me, he did not even know where he place it. The amulet was wrapped but 7+ pm and there was some white like plastic kind of dust inside the amulet casing !

2nd : went there yest night to wrap a amulet, same told him today 5pm can. End up same thing, went there told me to wait another 10 mins still doing, and he told my amulet keeping dropping dust that why do so long. Ok got the amulet, i was shock nothing to say, the dust he was refering to was not dust, he chipped off two parts of the amulet back portion, that dust he refering to was the powder from that 2 chipped portions. I mean if you chipped it, just tell me honestly u chipped it, i mean we all know that powder amulet do plastic will more or less have this kind of risk. But be honest la, dun lied and push the blame to the amulet drop dust.

So this is just my personal experience, not aiming anyone. Sorry if offended anyone

Mangala likes this.
  12. warlockSG

warlockSG Registered Member

Oh... i wrap there a few times is ok.

Any where else to do wrapping? I wanna bao some fragile stuff. (Sweat)

13. M_chew

M_chew Registered Member

WOW So STress Wrapping in SG..but i will still stick to FLS Level 2 Belence..So Far So Good..

sam1980 likes this.
  14. Marcuslws

Marcuslws Registered Member

If I wrap at benlene, is it possible to collect on the day itself?

15. M_chew

M_chew Registered Member

U got to check with them..

16. vdman

vdman Registered Member

Ng Beng Hock is good. Wrapped 3 amulets with waterproof casing there, all good condition::oniongoodjob:: .

ckp likes this.
  17. Sip Song

Nobody mentioned the Thai Chinese Lady opposite the Indian 4D lottery shop, in Pearl center. 1st level. Mr Quek 3rd level Tian Mai also quite satisfactory skills.

Mangala and expire like this.
  18. M_chew

M_chew Registered Member

Since you mention pearl centre Level 3 again
    i think i have reply you with the same answer as the above post..

"i m not going to him for wrapping amulet again..actually the first shop i went is the pearl centre lv3 but he choose customer to wrap..
    So i when to FLS end up.."
    A guy with skill but with such attitude, may he think that there is no one better than him.

For the lady level 1 beside the 4D shop i have not try yet will try if can..

Mangala likes this.
  19. saddiss

saddiss Registered Member

The Thai lady opposite the lottery shop is good, but for plastic I not too sure Cos I prefer mtalk casing and she really take care of your amulet and even take some time to do some alignment before passing to u

Sip Song likes this.
  20. soonho

soonho Registered Member

Sharing my experiences with plastic wrappers over the years. Not in any particular order.

Ah Quek @ Pearl Centre
    Had been looking for him to wrap plastic since he was at FLS, then Chinatown and then Pearl Centre. Workmanship wise, constantly above average with no complaints but long long waiting time. Sometimes even a week. Leave it there, go back collect the following week.

Ah Jiang @ Golden Thai
    Nowadays mostly look for him . Find that his workmanship wise is above average with acceptable waiting time. Price not as cheap as SMF & Benlene but workmanship a lot better. Only problem is that he got some time management issues. Advisable to let him take his time and not rush him. Example would be that he calls u to go back tomorrow to collect, but its better for u to collect the following day, meaning 1 day later.

Thai Auntie @ Pearl Centre
    Workmanship ok, passable. Again rather long waiting time of quite a few days. More of the traditional plastic wrapper. Might have some problems accommodating strange amulets shapes & sizes.

SMF & Benlene @ FLS
    Workmanship mediocre, high risk of amulet damage
    Used to patronize them many, many years ago but since their standard drop, never step into their shop again.
    SMF broke my Phra Leela into 2 pieces after wrapping and when rather than being apologetic, they made it sound as if the fault is with the amulet's material. Super stuck up attitude.

Benlene wise, the PRC Bu super $ face. Once you walk in and say u wish to wrap amulet, will ask u wanna wrap gold or silver, never plastic. There was once when I needed to remove an amulet from its old plastic casing and wrap new one, so went to Benlene. The PRC Bu started man-handling my amulet in order to get it out of the old casing. Burn the plastic, broke off the edges of the old casing etc, still cannot get it out. Told her to pass it to the guys doing the wrapping to remove or I do it myself, die die dun wan, insist on doing her way. Lucky its a metal roop lor, not a powder one otherwise sure gone case. When she finally removed the amulet, started talking cock and kept saying this one if wrap gold very nice, bla bla bla. Know nuts, yet act clever kind of attitude. Insisted on wrapping back plastic, so end of the day she lan lan. On another occasion, needed to do takrut casing, but was in a rush, so opted for the stainless steel kind instead of plastic. Kanna the PRC Bu again and this time she was the one doing it, as it only involved cutting the plastic tube to the correct length and sealing both sides with the stainless steel cap. She couldn't find the proper size stainless steel cap which would offer a snug fit, so anyhow hamtam and use steel caps of a slightly bigger size. Afterwhich she tried to make them fit by lining the insides with double sided tape etc. When she passed them to me, saying it was done, one pull the whole cap came off. Passed it back to her and guess what, she used a small hammer/mallet to try and make the caps tight and snug. This was the final straw for me. Told her off to use her brain la. The cap is already of the wrong size and too big, what makes her think the hammering will help? Snatched back my takrut, removed the plastic and threw it back at her. Takrut ended up being crooked, with the edges bent and warped, due to her hammering, damm. Never went back ever since.

I.M.H.O, quality comes with a price and be prepared to wait. If one would wrap a amulet with plastic casing, one has the intention of wearing it. If the amulet you wearing everyday, the plastic wrapped like shit, see liao also sian right? I rather not compromise on quality and wait patiently rather than pay a cheaper price for 1-2 hours express service, only to end up paying for more to re-wrap or risk damaging my amulet.

CKTan, Mangala, saddiss and 1 other person like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)