1. Premium Membership

Premium Membership

Dear all, 

Please note that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds. Click to upgrade your account today!

My encounter with Mao Shan Taoist

Discussion in 'Strange Encounters' started by devilman, 16 December 2016.

1. devilman

devilman Registered Member

During my search for prosperity . I always wonder is there a magic that can make me rich overnight ? I have try some maoshan ritual and it don't works . But according to my friends some works and it's still around .

I didn't ask my Friends the one that works as it costs a fortune to engage .

Throughout my life I come across 2 practitioners of , one descendant , one employer of the maoshan Taoist . I would like to share something able them .

1 .( Shared by K) K was already in his 70s.
    K Father was very rich in his younger day as he inherit a lot of properties from his Grandfather . K Father also run some hardware business . So during his time he hired a few workers to work for them .

It was during two incidents K discover one of the worker has some special knowledge. 1 incident is when one of his family member got fish bone choke in his neck he was able to remove it by writing a talisman . And the other incident when K Brother got seriously injured but I forgot what type of accident . The blood was spilling out and people thought it's gone case and the worker just stop the blood by writing a talisman and don't know do what .

K Brother was very impressed and determine to learn from the worker . However the worker don't want to accept the K Brother as student . He told him of great misfortune will land on him if he learn . The K family are also so happy with the worker that they want to find him a Wife which he rejected .

He told K and his Brother privately that he will accept the responsibility of dying alone without troubling the rest . So when the worker pass on , as a respect K Brother act on as his god Son to send him off his last journey .

weeyong88 and waterslager like this.
  2. devilman

2. ( Shared by Hk who already passed on last few years )
    Hk was my colleague . He could have gotten higher posts then me if he wanted . But he was somehow a bit short tempered.

Life is very funny. Hk although make talk to all peoples in the company as he's been there since more then 20 years . But not one know him better then me . Funny right ? A lot of people very close also don't know about his family even his Neighbour from my ex company .

Hk likes to tell me . 学佛三天,佛在眼前。学佛三年,远在天边。meaning when once start to learn once very eager to learn from Buddha . But going longer , people start to drift off from Buddha . We are quite in tune as we like to talk about stocks trading and Buddhism .

It was then he shared with me why he was trying to find the method to make Buddhist magic works as he confirm that magic are 100% real and working . He told me he is the Son of Maoshan Taoist . Wow , that's a shock to me .

He then tell me the Father doesn't need to work as he can solved a lot of problems . The magic works immediately after the Father sign the deal with the Maoshan . Wow fanstatic . Then he told me his Father luck no good , during the draw from 3 cups or sticks or whatever . He got one that says no descendants till death .

Then I look at him giving a funny look . You try to kidding me right ? Then he proceed to tell me he has 3 or 5 other brothers . The Father actually pick them up from streets in Malaysia . But the Father was quite well prepared for them . He told them about the burial blah blah and all . And really good cares of all his god Son descendants before his passed on .

All the descendants are very well to do to date . Some of the third generation are some scholars in Singapore or even representing sport in Malaysia .

3. devilman

3) Ex practitioner

This practitioner I think his paper knowledge on Maoshan very good . He is good on theory with Buddhism too . Recently Thai Buddhism . But I think it's all on paper . I think I will pass on this one .

waterslager likes this.
  4. devilman

4) Ex practitioner Kb

I used to be quite ok with this distance Friend of mine 18 years ago. We turn colleague last 5 years . Not sure if this how karma works .
    While looking for Maoshan and other occult to improve my life . I don't know why suddenly this colleague comes into picture . Sorry but I forgot how the topics move into Maoshan . Maybe because I am talking about luck or what . But to be honest he could be quite lucky to get a house that is cheap . Got a car with $1000 Coe . So he can't be that unlucky :)

I won't name his nationality. As it might be identified for some people looking in the forum . He practise in Maoshan start from his Great Grandfather . However his Grandfather make a great leap in Maoshan in the family tree with the help of forest spirit .

It's was says that the Kb Grandfather was having constant dream of a deer leading him to meet inside the jungle after midnight. His Grandfather was very convince however his Grandmother stop him as going inside the jungle after midnight is too dangerous . His Grandfather however still proceeds to venture into the jungle . He was also surprised that the sence was similar to the dream . His grandfather reaches the place but I think he waited for quite a Long time before a old man appear to pass him a green stone . He was told to returned daily for instruction that use . After sometime the Grandfather manage to use the stone with ease the old man disappear .

The Grandfather was then able to heal some minor injury , bone fractures with the stone . The stone was all alone with the Grandfather. But before he passed on , its was understood that the deer or something else that appear or something which I forgotten what Kb says that no one in the family line can hold on or pass down the stone. It should to return . Sorry I forgot about this part .(to be cont )

5. devilman

4) cont

As all his ancestors are Maoshan practitioner. Kb Father want him to bring glory to his family . Kb was force to practise the art at a very young age . But his Maoshan seem to be a mix of Buddhism and Taoism . For a start he was unable to get himself in trance ? 上身 by the ancestor for a Long time even practicing hard Everyday. Ultimately he spend a year or two mediated in the cemetery to obtain this . This is very interesting . I always ask is the person up the body same as what you see in tv ? He just share when he was in trance . He doesn't know anything. He just find himself ending up in a cloudy place where an old man will bring him to a table and ask him to study the books on Maoshan.

During his time there are some achievements from him that make his Father proud of him .

First ,He manage to detected why the women in the family does so much better then man . Which is due to some feng shui issue . After settle . The men were able to run a better business . Secondly he was able to help one family to help of haunting spirit . Third , prevent the Attack and counter Attack the bomoh. However all these need to be advise by the spirit during trance. Which make me think it's more Taoism then Maoshan.

He also told me his linage has since make some modifications from his ancestors that all the spirit they caught has to be free by Buddhism practice . He told me the way some Maoshan do is not good . Some will just bottle up or use container and seal spirit inside . That's why when container break the spirits will break out and find and Attack the owner . This is what you call a back fire he says. He tell me to imagine that if someone just seal you and throw you into sea , you owner was unable to save or help you . By the time, so Long has pass . Once you come out , would you want to take revenge ?especially to the one that send you to go on Mission.

I did ask him since it's so interesting why don't he carry on doing it ? He told me doing Maoshan practioner always unlucky. He prefer to put everything behind him and lead a normal life. So he will always pretend he know nuts but he is unable to get rid of the six senses which he still feel whenever he goes near to something very powerful.

6. Oziris

Oziris Registered Member

Parking for more stories :D

devilman likes this.
  7. devilman

But sadly I think no more Liao . Unless I still can meet up with some practitioners or I still miss out someone that I forgot.

8. Oziris

Oziris Registered Member

Interesting... I'm always fascinated by magical or spiritual realm.. :D

9. Edgar Tay

Edgar Tay Registered Member

from wikipedia, maoshan is a school under taoism. but I curious how is maoshan and Buddhism familiar. TIA!

10. devilman

I believe there's no similarity. Maoshan is always Maoshan . Buddhism is different . Just that I was wondering why Kb always mix both . He did show to me privately praying to deities using Taoism with those non vegetarian offering and Taoism chanting . Then send ghost of using prayer in Tibetan with a lot of signs using hand. He told me the ancestors had adopts this practice since his Great Grandfather or Grandfather.

weeyong88 likes this.
  11. Melx

Melx Registered Member

Taoism and Buddhism always do co-exist together, that's why there's this concept called the 6 realms. Maoshan however is like our wicha but the practice is totally different. Mix and match has always been in Thai Buddhism so practicing Taoism is not wrong either.

12. Melx

Melx Registered Member

cos taoist deities do consume meat.

Mali Chantara Wittaya likes this.
  13. Mali Chantara Wittaya

Mali Chantara Wittaya Registered Member

Hindu deities do consume meat offerings too.

Melx likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)