LP/AJ Dum amulets (ex-Wat Santitham, Sa kaew)

Discussion in 'Guru Monks & Ajarns Biographies' started by chriswm85, 20 September 2015.

1. chriswm85

chriswm85 Facebk @ SG Amulets ChrisLim Premium Member

You may come across this familiar name LP/AJ Dum while on the search for takrut, kumanthong/kumanthep, lersi. LP Dum now who is known as AJ Dum has make many variety and great amulets but he never release a temple catalog unlike the rest. Hence, only collectors or dealers who are familiar with him are able to know better on the year of making and materials used for the amulets.

Back in year 2008, I come across this master with the help of a local dealer and got myself a first normal phim year 2008 Phra Khun paen (buddha image). It caught my curiosity to learn more about AJ Dum as the amulets which he released when he was in 50s are mainstream materials and the later stage of his life releasing non mainstream amulets. He always release one version for mainstream while the other for non mainstream.

This is a thread delicate to those who know and keep his amulets. Please feel free to share the photos of his amulets which you have for share your experience so that more people can get to know about this great master.

Present day of him:
    [​IMG]
    lp dum pic
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Early days of him:
    [​IMG]

2. chriswm85

Article from Mystical Thai release in year 2008 (No longer publish any newer version)

Luang Phor Dum or Prasarin Tummapalo is the well known master of Wat Santitham in the province of Sa Kaew in the border town of Aranyaprathet.

Renowed throughout South East Asia for his efficacious amulets in Saksit tradition, he had delicate his lifetime studying and practicing in the ancient Khmer knowledge which most of it has been lost during the 70s.

Born in 1945 and grow up in the rural village in Cambodia. He has deep interest in ancient arcane arts and the sacred science and magic of the old. Luang Phor Dum learn his sacred skills and mystical arts from many great gurus in the deep wilderness in Cambodia. Among the masters who luang Phor learn his skills from, there are even unearthly heavenly beings such as a Hermit Lersi grand masters from the ancients, Guardian deities of the nature and also Maha Deva Gods whom he receive his unfathomable knowledge from. With these esoteric skills, he is able to invoke the blessings from the beings in higher level.

Known not only for his dep Khmer-influence visha, he is also known for his attainment of higher level of Dharma teaching. Students and disciples from all walks of life from Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkng, Taiwan and Indonesia come to him not only to seek his blessings, but also to seek his advices of wisdom with various problems in life.

3. chriswm85

Continued from this same article

[​IMG]

image by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

LP Dum Kumanthep is a devathep/angel from the higher realm. It is remind that the bearer of kumanthep should carry it on the upper body as to show respect to it. The wearer must always remember that kumanthep should neber be misuse for bad intentions as they are smart and discipline enough not to obey such ill orders. Kumanthep also have their own initiative of creating good merits by themselves and for their owner as long as they are treated respectfully. This way, the wearer and the kumanthep both will earn good merits.

Kumanthep is able to help the owner to minimsize ill-fortune, increase luck, assist in various problems faced and bring business opportunities.

How to pray to LP Dum Kumanthep?

It is not necessary offer food everyday for the kumanthep. User can offered food once a week. One very important thing to take note is not to offer liquor or any alcoholic substances to the kumanthep. LP Dum Kumanthep or bucha is famous among The Thai and overseas collectors due to the good experiences felt by the user.

doctor46, Terryk, Vainkid and 3 others like this.
  4. chriswm85

FAQ from the same article

[​IMG]
    mage
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Why bones, ashes and remains are use as material for the amulets and statues?

In the authentic olden tradition of the Khmer sacred science, using such material to consecrated holy amulets is just using the bones as a medium to hold the energy. All of his amulets have go through proper traditional Cambodian ceremony to bless the bones and ashes. There are no spirits and soul resides in those bones and ashes. The ex-owner of the bone has already passed on to reincarnated.

1) Whenever the wearer of that amulet does 1 good deed, he/she himself will earn 1 merit for him/her self.

2) The devathep that empower it will also gain 1 deed of merit.

3) The doner of the bones will also gain 1 merit.

So in this case, when the wearer og the holy item does a good deed. 3 parties (wearer, lp and the bone donor) will benefit from the good karma generated. Make 1 merit all 3 realms gain merits.

What happen to the spirit in the bone ? Where has it gone to?

A special ritual of merit has been performed to send the deceased off to reincarnate. LP Dum conducts ceremony to invite heavenly beings such to bless and resides in amulets or holy statues. Om a way every body can wear with the same guidance angel thep in every amulet.

doctor46, Terryk, Vainkid and 3 others like this.
  5. chriswm85

What is Luang Phor Dum's advices for the people in general during economic downturn?

There are 3 important points for everyone facing hardship and financial problems during this time of down turn:

1) Personal expenses: Gauge how much you need to use for the day and take out only the amount of money with you to use. Don't go over the limit. Must see the outcome; i.e, if you eat a lot, the outcome is still the same. Os it necessary to go over the limit, does it has a purpose?

2) Personal savings: allocate more into the savings

3) Making merits: making happiness for the one doing meritous deeds.

LP Dum also states that these are his advice to everyone facing hardship but it is only that person following these advice well can help himself.

6. chriswm85

LP Dum - Special Locket Waikru batch

[​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Specially created batch on LP Dum birthday. Lead metal with temple soil, rare flora, specially created mystical powders as the base to stick all the various devatheps behind. Kumanthep, Lersi and Mae Nangkwak and specially handwritten takrut. Special medium to contain all the magical incantations.

doctor46, Terryk, Vainkid and 2 others like this.
  7. chriswm85

Roon Ruay Koon Heng Phra Narai Song Koh

[​IMG]
    photo.JPG
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    photo.JPG
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    photo.JPG
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Underneath this figurine of Phra Narai riding Ox is a takrut and metal plate inscribe with the Chinese character "Xing" embedded. This character means good luck and good fortune which is call "Heng". Binding the takrut and this metal plate inscription together is various components such as Prong Maha Poot Lintong, temple soil, pyrite and various other powders that help to bring good fortune.

doctor46, Terryk, Vainkid and 2 others like this.
  8. chriswm85

Roon Ruay Koon Heng Phra Narai Song Koh (Gold foil version)

[​IMG]
    IMG_1511
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    IMG_1509
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Underneath this figurine of Phra Narai riding Ox is a takrut and metal plate inscribe with the Chinese character "Xing" embedded. This character means good luck and good fortune which is call "Heng". Binding the takrut and this metal plate inscription together is various components such as Prong Maha Poot Lintong, temple soil, pyrite and various other powders that help to bring good fortune.

9. Kratindaeng

Kratindaeng Registered Member

Nice write bro.... Informative too....

doctor46 likes this.
  10. chriswm85

Roon Ruay Koon Heng Phra Narai Song Koh (Special Edition)

[​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Underneath this figurine of Phra Narai riding Ox is a thai gold takrut, ashes and lp's hair. Binding the gold takrut, ashes together is various components such as Prong Maha Poot Lintong, temple soil, and various other powders that help to bring good fortune. Hand painted version.

Terryk, Vainkid and EmbraceBuddhism01 like this.
  11. chriswm85

Hello bro, this write out not from me. It was done by a senior in SG who went interviewed LP Dum years back ago. I decided to share here as I feel it will be a pity for this info to be lost. Thanks for liking too.

12. axlrose

axlrose Registered Member

Got know about him too late..how I wish he would come to SG again.

I only got a LP Dum's HPY. 3rd batch gingerbreadman

Last edited: 20 September 2015
    chriswm85 likes this.
  13. chriswm85

It's never too late. Hence, that's the reason of why I'm starting this thread. Motto: Good master must share with collectors or newbies. Yup, fans of his will wish to see him again.

Feel free to share your amulet experience or even post the amulet pic here.

Thank you.

Last edited: 20 September 2015
    Vainkid and axlrose like this.
  14. fazhu

fazhu Registered Member

Removed

Last edited: 26 September 2015
    chriswm85 likes this.
  15. Terryk

Terryk Registered Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My precious HPY, the middle one saved me from an accident in Gelyang and broke his right tight in March 2013. The right one and the fat boy saved me from a ‘Funeral Ghostly incident’ in Teban Garden in October 2014, the right one broke his left ankle (Sorry no photo currently not with me now) and the fat one the yant changed from gold to orange color on that night of the incident.

dark_pheonix, doctor46, 9th and 2 others like this.
  16. Terryk

Terryk Registered Member

17. Terryk

Terryk Registered Member

18. chriswm85

Thank you bro for the valuable input. Let me join you too to share with the rest. Let's keep the input coming shall we?

1st batch Hoon Payoon the fine silver ink edition (The ninja)

Material: Cemetery Soil and coffin nail

Year 2008

[​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

19. chriswm85

2nd batch Hoon Payoon (the ultraman)

Material: Coffin nail mixture with other sacred metals

Year 2009

[​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

20. chriswm85

3rd batch Hoon Payoon (the ginger breadman but I will prefer to name this the sumo wrestler)

Material: Cemetery soil, ashes and white chanting robe

Year 2010

I think if you compare the other two, this will consider as the phim will the most ingredients. Nevertheless, they are all unique in their own ways and took 1 year to make each time.

[​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    by chriswm85, on Flickr

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)