[Let's Discuss & Share!] Health and Karma

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by brightlight, 8 April 2013.

1. brightlight

brightlight Registered Member

In this current era, it seems that with more money, health becomes more of a issue. Standard of living has increased, so do the number of people seeking medical treatment, and thus the rising medical fees and insurance premium.

In the past, i always asked why why, why do i have ill health? Older folks say it's karma. Right, karma. Can you be more specific? i want to know how to solve the issue. No point just saying it's karma. Hence, this thread is specifically created for this purpose of resolving hopefully lots of ailments that affect many brothers and sisters.

And again, if you have constructive comments, please, by all means. Otherwise, it will be better to spend your time, effort, intelligence, wits, good vocab and grammar elsewhere that enables you to gain money from issuing critical views; writing here won't gain you money.

As a disclaimer, this is not a thread that dispense professional medical advice. If you need professional medical advice, go for a registered medical practitioner.

阿弥陀佛
    Brightlight :)

weeyong88, bb3tan and duckiboo like this.
  2. brightlight

When i was young, i like to eat pork intestines, big ones especially, for a meal of kwek chap. If don't have big ones, i eat small ones. i also like to eat pig stomach (i.e. pig stomach soup).

Now, i know why i always have tummy ache issues, and easily get diahorrea. i also get wind in my stomach very easily and often. Bloatedness almost always cause me to cry out in agony.

Cause and effect. Reactive force at work.

We eat another being's stomach = tummy ache, bloatedness, indigestion, gastric pain.

We eat another person's intestines, then we have issues with absorbing nutrients, diahorrea, constipation, colorectal cancer etc.

Not i am cursing anyone, but it's only a matter of times when our merits are exhausted, those beings whom we ate, will come at us one by one to have payback time. If 100 people owe us money, who would we head for first? The one who borrowed (ate most of our body) most from us, and down to the last penny. Would be even let go of the person who ate only a small piece of us?

Solution: Stop eat stomach, intestines, frog legs (the frog stomach is thrown away). Start repenting, and also liberate frogs, as well as advising others to avoid eating intestines during kwek chap eating session. The worst things to eat are the organs as the consciousness of the being will flow towards their organs as their last refuge as it's the last parts of the body to be around = hence that's why organs are considered to be toxins. Of course, scientifically, organs are parts which processed the toxins in the body.

阿弥陀佛

RoyaL, amboose, bb3tan and 4 others like this.
  3. brightlight

i keep wondering why my thighs are so tight such that i couldn't sit long in meditation posture or even sit on a floor, or stand long. My thighs and the lower back will be in severe pain after standing for more than 15mins.

Now i know why. Thighs and lower back are connected by the "Gen" (i don't know how to type in Chinese or English for this) such that if we have lower back problem, we have to loosen the muscles and the "gen" of the thigh areas. Those who go for true good massage will know what i mean.

But that doesn't solve the root of the problem. i can't be going for "Tui Na" massage daily right? Now i know why. That's because i like to order Thigh parts when i go to KFC. Thigh and Drumstick please.... My lower legs are always sore after walking for moderate distance and very hard rock tight = a sign of heavy karmic obstruction.

i liked to eat Duck drumstick, chicken feet, Chicken wings, Chicken drumsticks, Chicken Thigh, Chicken Chop, Pork Hind (Pork Legs 猪脚), etc etc thighs/legs/feet of animals.

Now you know why so many of us get leg and feet problems once we aged as compared to those in the past who seldom eat such stuff because it is considered as very expensive and perhaps only eat once every year? i look at so many elderly and now young people holding walking sticks, on wheelchairs etc and i only have great compassion and sorrow for them for not knowing this.

The worst is when it comes to a child. Because a brother likes to eat Frog legs, Chicken feet, drumsticks etc, and even brought his wife to eat Frog legs porridge during pregnancy, guess what, the baby's feet were a bit deformed. So sad.

They asked why why? They done so many goodness, so many donations and supporting of the Dhamma causes. They never reflect on what wrong they have done... Until the truth hits them that they like to eat animal legs.

Fortunately, they repent, became a vegetarian, liberate frogs, and send the child for sinseh massage, as well as continue to support lots of liberation efforts, printing of Dhamma books, free clinics sponsorship, volunteering work, offering food/smoke/light to unseen beings etc etc. The child's feet condition became a lot a lot better, almost to normal feet condition.

阿弥陀佛

amboose, duckiboo, oldtiger and 2 others like this.
  4. brightlight

Neck pain, shoulder pain, arm pain = they are all connected. Believe me. i like to go for traditional massage, so i learnt a thing or two they are are connected. If we have neck pain, it doesn't solve the problem fast by focusing on the neck, the shoulder and upper arm and lower arm had to be massaged as well.

So from young, i have neck pain, shoulder pain, arm pain. i still cannot find the root cause to it, but i know that i liked to eat Chicken wings a lot a lot. The amount of chicken wings i ate was countless. Good for me that i have arm pain, hand pain, wrist pain. Look at how people eat chicken wings? Twist and turn to dislodge the meat out from the bones. That's what's happening to us now.

So many of us complain of numbness of the wrist, pain at the wrist, numbness of the upper arms, but have we reflect upon what we eat?

Solution:

Stop eating chicken wings or hands or arms or limbs of animals. Start repenting, and liberate cows etc (a donation box is at 60A Pagoda Street, beside Chinatown MRT station, Compassion Life Society for liberating cows at Sri Lanka).

Donate clutches, medical fees (free clinics), limb support bands etc that facilitate others who have those arm problems.

Place a piece of Pain relief Medicated plaster outside our house, and think like this, "i sincerely pray that sentient beings who have neck pain, shoulder pain, arm pain will gain relief with this medicated plaster."

Believe me, even when people died, their ailments are brought over with them to after death even as a ghost. Don't believe? Ask Dhamma Teachers.

阿弥陀佛

5. brightlight

Skin problems. Wow wow. This is definitely another common problem in Singapore. Eczema. They say Eczema has no cure. Wrong. It has cure.

i also suffered mild case of eczema before, and it was terrible. The itch, the irritation especially at night, is horribly agonising. Some even scratch and scratch and scratch until it bleeds.

What's the cause? Duck skin. Pork skin. Chicken Skin. Crabs. Prawns. Chicken. Fish.

Duck skin. Pork skin. Chicken Skin. = needless to say, you eat another being's skin, how to have good skin? Definitely confirm skin problems.

Crabs. Prawns. Eczema = red red pinkish areas right? Same. You drop the Crabs and prawns into cooking wok or pot, what happened? They become red too. The worst are those who like to drop live prawns into hot pots.

Chicken. Fish. etc, marinating them with pepper, chili and other spices? Try rubbing them on your skin, see whether you feel itchy and irritated at the skin or not. You do that to another being, you think they don't feel it? The abattoir is not really the worst pain portion, but the cooking process after being slaughtered, that is the worst part. Being chopped to pieces, refrigerate, thaw, then marinate, then deep fry in oil, and munch by our teeth, melted by gastric acidic juices, and disintegrated in our stomach and intestine. Isn't that sound like Hell on earth to you?

i say this again. Every thing we do have a reactive force to it. You try telling me that nothing will happen if you go flog a human corpse, desecrate its grave etc. Well, nothing might happen immediately depending on your merits protecting you. Once merits exhausted, there they come.

PS: Those who like to take away the chicken skin to eat the chicken meat. Worst....

Solution: stop eating meat for goodness sake if you have skin problems. Have remorse and repent.

阿弥陀佛

Kopi-o, duckiboo, cheruphon and 3 others like this.
  6. brightlight

My grandma was cantonese. She liked to braise Chicken feet with mushrooms. My favourite. She liked to cook Duck drumsticks. Chicken Drumsticks etc.

Guess what happened? She had severe knee cap issues, fell at least twice and cause severe injury to her legs and pelvic area. And she died with great agony in the hospital with inflammation and other complications arising from the 2nd round of falling down.

Hence, nowadays when i look at the old folks, especially woman, who walk like limping one side (i don't know how to describe), you can guess what they like to cook and what they like to eat, or what their family like to eat.

阿弥陀佛 Sorry my lovely grandma. If only i learn about Dhamma earlier... But i will repent on your behalf and also transfer merits to you, and write tablets for you and grandpa everytime.

duckiboo, oldtiger and smokelight like this.
  7. brightlight

Any brothers and sisters have their or family member's ailments to bring up? If have, we can try to see how we can zoom into the root cause.

But of course, the best way now if you want a general remedy, is to:

1) Stop being an angry person
    2) Start being a vegetarian (no eggs, no milk)
    3) Start liberating all forms of lives, crabs, cockles, cows, fish, frogs, etc
    4) Donate to free clinics / Funds such as NKF, Cancer Society, etc
    5) Donate accessory that can support others: i.e. walking sticks/wheel chairs if you don't want leg problems or have leg problems. Medicated plasters to old folks if you don't want muscle pains. etc. You understand what i mean.
    6) Donate blood if you can.

阿弥陀佛

bb3tan, duckiboo, Bell and 3 others like this.
  8. brightlight

Don't forget. Anger is the number cause of insomia, indigestion, constipation, skin problem, stroke, heart attack, cancer.

Want to get well fast? Stop being fussy. Stop being frustrated. Stop find fault at others. Stop looking at the flaws of others. Stop being harsh at the mouth.

amboose, duckiboo, fazhu and 2 others like this.
  9. brightlight

Want to have good night sleep?

Other than being happy by being nice to others daily, another complementary method is to sponsor pillows. For example, we can go to temples or monastery to sponsor good pillows to Monks. Can go to old folks homes, poor needy people home, to donate good pillows, pillow casing, mattress.

If we want a good night sleep, give others a good night sleep.

Simple thing like not rushing others to do stuff (after office hours) that can be done on the next day. Stop pressing panic buttons on others. Stop sending stressful emails to others. You cause others to lose their sleep, you will get the same karmic effect.

阿弥陀佛

TanYongJie, Kopi-o, Wsiely and 5 others like this.
  10. yinchuun

yinchuun Registered Member

Let me give my opinion... Not enough exercise, not drink enough water, not enough sleep, probiotic.
    pork intestines? kuek chap? - my favourite, big or small, I eat every week for more than 25 years now.
    fried frog leg is the best, I always ask for Chicken drumsticks and Chicken Thigh when ordered KFC, BBQ chicken wing almost every months, chicken skin satay, sweet and sour crabs and prawn is my favourite.
    But I never have problems with all those sickness that you mention. Even people I have known to eat those food also not have those issues.

duckiboo and Raghav like this.
  11. yinchuun

yinchuun Registered Member

Ok, from my understanding.
    1. stomach ache with wind - it's caused by too much bad bacteria in the stomach. take pro biotic to replace the bad bacteria with good bacteria.
    2. tight and back pain - the blood flowing blocked. Try exercise more and drink more water.
    3. Skin problem - if allergic, take allergic medicine, try vitamins which is good for skin. If skin infection, can use tea tree oil...
    although I seldom have these sickness.. maybe mildly got lah, but still can be solved.

duckiboo and Raghav like this.
  12. bennygancb

bennygancb Registered Member

病从口入。

when a person is unhappy, he/she eats junk food, drinks alcoholic drinks, and etc...

amboose and brightlight like this.
  13. brightlight

You haven't meet those people doesn't mean i never meet those people. Your people is how many people? My people is how many people. :)

You go hospital and check it out and ask those patients with cancer and other terminal illness. Do you have a lot to eat or very little to eat?

Your merits are not yet exhausted. You don't see the horrors knock on your door yet. When they do, then you will know what all great Ven Dhamma Masters say. Ask yourself why you even need to mention about your diet in this thread? Want to gain support for your diet? Scared that i might be right?

i will not suggest anything to you to read this or watch that. All the Dhamma talk are out there about true encounters on their illness and how they resolve it by abstaining from that diet, or possessions that occur as a result of blatant eating of certain types of animal meat; youtube or otherwise.

You have what i noticed, read quite a lot of my posts recently. So i hope your heart is big enough to continue reading what i have to say if you find this post very sharply piercing to your heart; i apologise to you sincerely. If you wish to meet up and let me buy you a meal and drink, please, i will gladly to so as a sincere token of apology and to make a new friend. :)

Really, if you ask me how i view you and other brothers and sisters, i view all of you brothers and sisters as past lives parents. i do my best to pull you out of the water, but if i fail to do it correctly, i have only myself to blame for my lack of wisdom.

阿弥陀佛

uncle, Ah meow, amboose and 5 others like this.
  14. wicha

wicha Registered Member

these words already shows signs that Bro Brightlight are on the correct mindframe walking the Boddhisattva path , i sincerely urged you to set up a blog with related articles over here to continue inspire for creating the postive cause and waken those whose dharma conditions had ripened :) Remember bro no matter how big the obstacles it will only heightened your wisdom to the next level with unwaivering compassion mindset , i will always support you in accordance to the dharma ! Namo Amitabha Buddha

Sadhu ! ::onioncheers::

duckiboo, cheruphon, oldtiger and 2 others like this.
  15. smokelight

smokelight Registered Member

Just came back and have been following all the new threads today. It takes a lot of effort to share and write, if Bro Brightlight doesn't care, he could have kept it to himself... :)

duckiboo, cheruphon and brightlight like this.
  16. brightlight

i don't mind revealing heavenly secrets if it helps another being. So i share my good buddy's bazi which is very easily read as it is a very good bazi that is very aligned with the classical text as to what is needed, and how it should match with the every 10 years elements.

From his bazi, i can understand why he had a smooth sailing life since young, very healthy, above average family income household, good in academics, good in affinity with others. Now, good in career, good wife, pretty young daughter. His good luck will last till at least 80 years old.

The only sad part is that he don't eat vegetables at all. He eats only meat. He does not get in contact with the Buddha's teachings and he care only for money for himself and now money for his family. No charity. But also, no alcohol, no flings, no pubs.

Why i say sad? It's because if only he turns towards the Buddha's teachings and also is a vegetarian, his worldly benefits will be a lot a lot more than now. Though now he's already much above the average income range. Furthermore, once his merits brought from past life exhaust at 80 years old, then all the animals that he had eaten will come at his death bed, dragging him down to hell. Some will manifest as deceased grandparents or parents etc to lure him down to hell (see Di Zang Pu Sa sutra).

Hence, it's not that what i share above is bogus if it has not hit you. It's just that it's yet to come. You are here in this thread because perhaps you believe a bit call rebirth. If humans can rebirth, why not animals or insects? Don't we know that there are six realms of rebirth? Deva, Asura, Human, Hell beings, Hungry ghosts and Animal (including insects, germs, virus, bacteria)?

If humans also desire to live a natural life span, why not animals? You try hold a knife in front of let's say a cow and with the heinous thought of slaughtering it, you see what happen.

17. brightlight

Why i say no eggs?

That's because we thought that it's painless to lay an egg. You try to give birth, and see. We thought that hens can lay eggs until they aged and die. No. They are slaughtered once they cannot lay eggs anymore.

Once, a follower of Ven Master Hai Tao asked him why her daughter (a vegetarian) constantly suffer from menstruation pain so severe she couldn't go to school (in UK). Furthermore, her family had done lots of good deeds.

After much checking, they realise that the girl had still been eating eggs. She argued that the eggs are unfertilized so what's the issue? The issue is as above which i shared. Hence, she was advised by Ven Master Hai Tao to stop eating eggs and monitor the situation. Miraculously, her menstruation problems were gone. She was so amazed by her encounter that she went around sharing with her peers on the goodness of not eating eggs.

Why i say no milk?

You know how milk comes about? Don't know bio? i share with you. You must be pregnant and give birth before there's breastmilk. Hence, cows are continually make pregnant, and give birth. After a short while after given birth, the calf is dragged away from the mother. See what happened to the mother cow? She would moo in great agony that her child had been dragged away and struggle crazily.

Recent sharing session that i had watched, mentioned that the temperament and mood of the nursing mum had an adverse effect on the toxic level of the breast milk. Hence, if the mother cow is constantly in negative mood, you can imagine what kind of milk you are drinking = toxin.

Male calf goes towards your favourite meat on the dining table. Female calf goes towards being dairy cows. Is that all? No.

Once the dairy cows cannot produce milk, guess what? Slaughtered for their meat. In the past of China, Nanny were like our second mum as they use their breastmilk to nourish us which they could have given it to their own child. Hence, to eat the cows, are we ok? Yah sure, how to differentiate the beef right? Don't eat then.

Same with goats. My friend whose dad used to own a goat farm, shared with me that the goats will be slaughtered once they cannot produce any more milk. How cruel.....

阿弥陀佛

Wsiely, duckiboo, cheruphon and 2 others like this.
  18. brightlight

Good idea brother Wicha. i thinking of starting a facebook account specifically for sharing purpose but i am not good in facebook, whatapps, etc. :( silly me. Perhaps i am too dumb to use those things. But, i will hopefully get someone to do it.

At the moment, brother Benny has a good facebook page that we can follow :). Compassion Life Society. Buddhist Life Mission also have good facebook pages.

duckiboo and smokelight like this.
  19. brightlight

Then how about ice-cream, cakes, biscuits, cookies, bread etc?

Sorry. i am guilty of still eating those stuff above as well. ;( But i have avoided eating eggs or drinking milk in the direct forms. Derivatives of eggs and milk such as ice-cream, i still trying to reduce.

Milo, ovaltine etc are also derivatives of milk which i also trying to reduce.

As what Ven Master Da An might say, if you want to go to 阿弥陀佛 Pureland, you still want to eat eggs?

阿弥陀佛

RoyaL and duckiboo like this.
  20. brightlight

As for those with eyes problem, red eyes, itchy eyes, eyes irritation etc. Ask yourself on your temper. Anger cause one's liver to be adversely affected, and which has a direct negative impact on the eyes. Check out Chinese medical books.

Next, ask yourself what you like to eat. Prawns, crabs, fish? Their eyes are cooked together with boiling water or hot oil. How would you feel if your eyes are subjected to this treatment?

Solution:

Stop being angry. Be happy and cheerful.
    Stop staring at others with hatred.
    Don't eat prawns, crabs, or fish or eyes of other animals.
    Light up oil lamps or 酥油 candles to offer the Buddha.
    Stop looking at pornography, or ogle sexy girls on the streets (or handsome guys).
    Use your eyes for the right purpose, read sutra or commentary of great Dhamma masters.

阿弥陀佛

RoyaL, bb3tan, duckiboo and 1 other person like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)