family issues-problematic father

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Edgar Tay, 31 January 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinchuun

yinchuun Registered Member

because of stove god and toilet, you want to argue???? put a plant in the middle, Plastic flowers also can on wooden small table. Water produce wood, and wood produce fire. that's too simple.

2. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

No need to be so harsh. You have not change.

Vainkid likes this.
  3. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

Up to it again. You with your belly full of so called dhamma knowledge will never change the ugliness of you as a human being. There is simply no need for poison words as such.

4. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

Not sure why this post is at GB but hope the issue can be resolved. Never a good thing when there's quarrels in the family and new year coming too. Sadhu TS.

5. nitro0604

nitro0604 Registered Member

TS's situation is similar to mine. From my own experience (mine only), what i have assess over the years i have come to a conclusion, what my parents have been through has become a way of communication for them, yes,through quarrels n fights. And yes it has something to do with my dad's upbringing as well,as he did not have proper guidance during his adolescense period. Which resulted in him being stubborn, bad tempered...etc. Me n mum were at the receiving end of it...sad to say although i dun hate him, but the bond is no longer there. But however, the greatest regret i have is, upon his deathbed, i did not fulfilled his wish of goin home to pass on...and i will feel bad my entire life. What i just wish to tell TS, whatever opinion we have of our parents is solely our own, we have not realized what they have been through, how they feel.

cold, momo_jojo, doctor46 and 7 others like this.
  6. 9th

9th Registered Member

It will be knowledge if it's well benefited regardless dharma or worldly knowledge as transpired as philosophy or religion. At the end is still trickle down a wisdom not language-intelligence of adjectives.

7. TheAvengers

TheAvengers Registered Member

Everyone has their own stories, just that some people gone through more than others. Within each story, each person will draw their own conclusion. I guess what most of us are doing is to draw our own experience from our stories and try to apply it on others. This might not be the best.

To ts: read all advises and reflect if its applicable to you.I feel that you already decides on your course of action. You are maybe seeking affirmation. But all of us are not in your shoe. You know best. Someone with abusive parents will support you chasing him out.. but if your situation does not warrant this? Someone with normal parents will condemn you for having this thought, but what if one fine day your father kill your mother(just to cite extreme case) who is there to say sorry for giving wrong advice and wronging u.

Sent from behind you using Tapatalk

8. lotusflower2

lotusflower2 Registered Member

You cannot change the circumstance no matter what external adjustments you make.

But you can choose how to respond, change yourself first. Nothing will change if your parents continued to respond to the same issues by arguing.

9. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

Like I said belly full of dhamma language Stull mmmm you know best but at least the tones much better sadhu.

10. 9th

9th Registered Member

Like they say ones see the ugly self of him/ herself in others. Goes one way, both way and either way.

A person with wisdom regardless the sources he/ she learned. A buddhist wisdom we name dharma wisdom, others we still called the wise wisdom. All are names that people recognised because of good habit of a person not the pseudo personalities we try to project. Live humbly... sadhu.

momo_jojo and doctor46 like this.
  11. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

One just need to see the past posts or the posts at abyss and it'll be obvious to see the belly full of dhamma and calling it wise in any and all ways.

Oh and no more dhamma quotes too hehehehe sadhu

Al li shan de gu niang.

12. lotusflower2

This is just your opinion though. What is considered wise to one person might be stupid to another...

momo_jojo likes this.
  13. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

Do you know what is referred to or not? Non of your business you also want comment this is call kp.

14. lotusflower2

Not only your view is correct.

15. 9th

9th Registered Member

A stomach full of dharma or academic intelligence not, if spoken from mouth without EQ and EI people dont say the person a Bloody Wise no matter how wisdomful it was; but if lack of one, still be called a Bloody Foul.

Bye....

Last edited: 1 February 2016
    momo_jojo, doctor46 and Vainkid like this.
  16. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

You can have a belly full of dhamma then out comes words like stupid, inferior is what I mean. And words spoken as such how much EQ is there anyway. :)

17. lotusflower2

No it just reflects how ignorant you are

momo_jojo likes this.
  18. 9th

9th Registered Member

If you called a stupid person an intelligent that mean, the caller self is not very intelligent or as good as the stupid too, dont you think? :)

doctor46 and dusty2103 like this.
  19. 9th

9th Registered Member

Tell me if you cant find the word "foul" in dharma text ::onionevilsmile::

doctor46 likes this.
  20. Ppop

Ppop Suspended

I said this story many times before leh the guy that thinks he's damn intelligent always read dhamma text end up rebirth and rebirth but the guy that always say he is stupid stupid attain nirvana lol

Oh and maybe one does slowly come back but at least i never say bye lollll

Ah li shan de gu niang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)