1. Dhamma Galleria
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Premium Membership

Dear all, 

Please note that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds. Click to upgrade your account today!

[Question/Help!] Combination of Deities and Somdej Wat Rakang

Discussion in 'Strange Encounters' started by jais, 25 December 2016.

1. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Is it really Somdej?
    Is it really Tua Pek gong ?
    Is it really Guan gong ?
    Is the Bomoh real?
    :confused-onion-head-emoticon:

Oziris, weeyong88 and tommyho like this.
  2. Anand

Anand Registered Member

Peiseh bro...my altar offer meat ...normal altars even with Buddha on it can be offered meat

Eojmil and tommyho like this.
  3. tommyho

tommyho Registered Member

Even Lord Buddha consume meat so is Jesus especially the last diner he had with his disciples meat and wine

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Anand likes this.
  4. yinchuun

yinchuun Registered Member

It's normal, I also ask advise from bomoh about my amulet. Bomoh can communicate with them.

tommyho likes this.
  5. yinchuun

It's backfire... that's why when everything goes smooth, it's advised not to add anything. And if you have no choice, get advise from the master first before adding something new to your altar.

tommyho likes this.
  6. Melx

Melx Registered Member

really bro? even our ancestor we only offer vegetarian , on special days we only offer fruits and flowers to Buddha, the sri lanka side that we follow all offer vegetarian, no meat at all

Randelavie and tommyho like this.
  7. Melx

Melx Registered Member

Jesus teachings in diet and Buddha different eh, although Buddha never said that we can't consume meat, but they themselves try to avoid meat also, unless its being served to them.

DarkMind and tommyho like this.
  8. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Just because you seek advise from Bomoh about your amulets then it's normal? Logically like Uncle Tommy said seek advise from monks or Taoist master more appropriate lah...

Heeltrack likes this.
  9. Anand

Anand Registered Member

Don't know leh bro...we are both theraveda but mine does offer meat....plus my altar alot of kruba ajarns(both sangha and white robes),devatas,lersis,theps all are offered meat on special days and days I feel generous lolx then I offer at altar...lersi and other separate altars I do offer wine also,main altar which has buddha and other arahants I don't offer wine.....taught by masters and even sangha to offer this way.....

If you noticed big putta phiseks and deva phiseks held by temple...they will offer pig head to the chanting dai...others include duck,chicken and other meat items with fruits,veges....there's reason for offering meat...but can't be said here la...pig head on big ceremonies and wai kru is a must

Heeltrack, Melx and tommyho like this.
  10. Melx

Melx Registered Member

Ya i know cos devas got eat meat mah that's why they offer for deva pisek but to arahants and Buddha i don't really know leh... Most wai kru is pray to Lersi(i might be wrong) since they wicha's 师公 but anyways as so long nothing goes wrong can already lol.

but i should be wrong since my knowledge is very limited so ya

Heeltrack likes this.
  11. Anand

Anand Registered Member

Arahants and phra putta jao eats meat too if offered bro....
    Wai kru need everybody not just lersis......Arahants,kruba ajarns of that lineage,theps and devatas all need to be invited

Heeltrack and Melx like this.
  12. Melx

Melx Registered Member

thanks for the extra knowledge bro

Anand likes this.
  13. Oat1

Oat1 Registered Member

Therevada buddhists can eat meat and i think can offer meat as i see them doing so. Taoists too. For Mahayanan buddhists, they cannot touch meat at all, and of course, cannot offer meat. I guess the deciding factor is whether you want to follow therevada or taoism or mahayanan, not so much about which deity or bodhhisattva or arahant is being worshipped.

By right, strictly speaking, cannot offer meat to kuan yin as kuan yin is worshipped under Mahayanan buddhism. But problem is taoists also worship kuan yin. It is common to see kuan yin statue in taoist temples. Taoists will offer meat. I feel that this is wrong. If they put in some effort to gain knowledge about kuan yin, they won't offer meat. But they didn't and they just blindly worship without knowing what they are worshipping.

Confusion arises because people in singapore are hybrid in their belief. That is why they can make the mistake of offering meat to kuan yin.

For sri lankan, i think can offer meat, becasue they also fall under therevada. If cannot, perhaps I guess it could be that the temple people in singapore are influenced by mahayanan buddhists, so they also abstain from meat. The next time i visit sri lankan temple, i will ask the monks about this and see what they say and share it here.

Heeltrack likes this.
  14. Oat1

Oat1 Registered Member

I think this thing about cannot eat meat is imposed by Mahayanan buddhism. When i attend class when i was a student, where they teach the original buddhism, they have many precepts, refrain from this refrain from that, refrain from killing, but I don't remember them saying eat meat is forbidden. There is also no mention at all that Buddha is vegetarian. If really cannot eat, Buddha would have included this precept in his sermons that consumption of meat is strictly prohibited.

15. Anand

Anand Registered Member

Avalokiteshwara...which part of this sounds mahayana to you bro? Just because they say it's their's doesn't mean it's theirs.....it's just adopted and mainly worshipped by them that's all....Avalokiteshwara can be offered meat....traditional practices and cultures are not the ones which defys or are the deciding factor weather meat offering are accepted or not accepted....

Heeltrack likes this.
  16. Anand

Anand Registered Member

So knowledgeable leh oat power

Heeltrack likes this.
  17. yinchuun

Of course you can ask monk or taoist master too, provided that they can detect the energy of the amulet and can communicate with the amulet. Remember, not all monk or taoist master can do that. Usually i will test them by bringing the amulet i know very well.

Heeltrack likes this.
  18. Valen

Valen Registered Member

Please enlighten me, if you are comunicating with a Phra Somdej amulet, what are you actually dealing with?

19. Anand

Anand Registered Member

Can communicate with somdej meh brother...of can I also want lea4n from that person..cny toto I want strike group 1

tommyho likes this.
  20. Randelavie

Randelavie Registered Member

in my country even in taoist temple dont offer meat to guan yin. high level bodhisattva with Great Loving Kindness , She / He even cant stand a little Suffering from beings that is why She / he Made a Great Vow to help a being

that's why for me personally , it doesnt show any respect giving a "suffered being" to a bodhisattva that vow to rescue all beings from suffering

DarkMind likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)