Biographies of Ajahn Tia (阿占爹简介)

Discussion in 'Guru Monks & Ajarns Biographies' started by babemomo, 23 June 2010.

1. babemomo

babemomo Registered Member

To read the history of Archan Tia in Chinese you can click and download the following 2 files which scanned from magazine.

- File 1
    - File 2

(You will need Adobe Reader to read the file)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arjan Tia is from Petchabun, Phetchabun is located in the lower northern region of Thailand, in the area between the northern and the central region. Archan Tia is the student of Luang Phor Top, Wat Pra Buddhabartchondan (click here for more info of Luang Phor Top). He came to Kampong Sungai Siput that located in northern region of Kedah, Malaysia in year 2000 to soliciting money for his temple in Petchabun. One day he met an old man with many years of bad disease, he cured that man and after that men recovered he donated this land and ask him to stay and help the local residents.

Arjan Tia officially ordained as a monk at the age of 21 and after 3 months he decided to go deep inside jungle to become a “forest monk” to follow the way of training that was practiced in the time of Buddha. There are many things happened during his time in the jungle, one day when he is meditate he “saw” Buddha approach him to teach him how to meditate and also tell Arjan Tia that he is not dead yet, you will see me again if you keep practicing in meditate. One day he accidentally stepping on a king cobra, when that king cobra about to attack him, Arjan Tia immediately performs chanting and after a while that king cobra crawl its body back to the jungle. He recounts not only his experiences traveling the external jungle and mountain paths, but also the obstacles and gradual progress along the internal spiritual path. When he is out from jungle he was already 30 years old.

He is indeed a great master that money is never a priority to him, all of the donations will goes to the temple building and also to fund the teaching class for the local's poor kids. While other people at his age pursue for the career, marriage, family and wealthy life he decided to leave his home in Thailand and dedicated his entire life to the temple in this rural area, this is something extraordinary that a man can achieved. Not only he sacrificed his youth and his life to the buddhism but also to all of us. He once told me that people's selfishness is the reason that cause all the bad things and disaster today, i have to agree with it and try to learn in all possible way that i could. This is something that we should learn from him, selfless, scarification, kind, honoureable and noble spirits.

Please excuse my English as my mother language is not English. I can write pretty well in Chinese but then this blog will become unreadable by those who cant read Chinese so i have to have them written in English.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ajahn Tia's Official Blog: http://archantia.info/

amboose likes this.
  2. babemomo

[​IMG]

Bro hocus pocus did you notice from the above picture, its your idol Lp Thep Lok udon :)

3. babemomo

Sharing photos of master that he used to learn from:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. babemomo

I have published some story of LP Thep, the legendary 900 years old monk that still alive today. Special thanks to "hocus pocus" for his precious pictures of LP Thep. Hope you guys enjoy reading it.

- English Version
    - 中文版本

5. Ah meow

Ah meow Registered Member

very interesting story of this legendary monk .thanks for sharing :smile:

6. babemomo

You are welcome, hope you like it. His age is uncertain, maybe 800 to 1000 not sure, but according to archan tia he is 800 something.

7. babemomo

Hope the admin of this forum not mind if i combined all the related monks under this thread. Now please allow me to share with you guys the story of Archan Tia's prime master which is Luang Phor Thop (or LP Top). They are in Chinese language, scanned from amulet magazine:

For more amulet that made by Luang Phor Top please visit the photo gallery at http://picasaweb.google.com/watsungaisiput/AmuletOfLuangPhorTopMasterOfArchanTia picture scan from amulet magazine from Thailand.

For the bio of Luang Phor Thop in English please visit:

http://www.thai-amulets.com/top1.htm

8. babemomo

Archan Tia said when he was small, he used to witness his master LP Thop transform into tiger with his own eyes. He said before he start, he chant a holy water and give this holy water to archan tia's uncle, he told him to pour the water to the tiger so that he can transform back to human. After that LP Thop used a rope to tie on his own waist, then he started to chant and in the matter of seconds archan tia saw his master start to transform into riger, first it start with hands then follow by legs then whole body transformed into tiger! Archan tia said he was extremely shock watching this happened with his own eyes and whats more they are in the small room together with that tiger, his uncle also very shock and quickly he pour the pre-chanted holy water on that tiger, after a while that tiger transform back to human, which is luang phor thop.

Archan Tia told me that story after i asked him about the "human-snake" video on youtube that they captured in cambodia. Archan Tia said maybe is the result of bomoh try to transform himself to snake but dont know how to transform back to human. I ask him why LP Thop want to transform himself to become a tiger, was that because of to showoff power or what, he said no, he said his master like to play with kids, so he just make fun with kids by transforming himself into a tiger. Archan Tia always hang around the Wat when he was a kid, luang phor thop like him very much because he was smart and hardworking. At the age of 6 he already can chant fluently in pali.

I was extremely shock and fascinated after listen to his master's story, a big "wow" and impression and respect deep inside my heart.

9. nampada

nampada Registered Member

Keep going bro babe.Keep the stories coming~

10. babemomo

Sure thing bro namapada, but archan tia is not a talker, sometimes when he is in good mood then only can dig out more story, it is against the restriction to try "showoff" the great story, so he will not automatically tell me any great story unless i ask him and it must be done in the right time. :D

About the story of his master transform into tiger, it was so unbelievable, i mean we can see from hollywood movie people transform into werewolf right, but they are just movies but his master used to transformed into tiger which is absolutely hard for me to believe, i have no doubt about it but it is really out of my imagination, you know what im saying?

About the 900 years old LP Thep, i can believe it because it is true that samadhi can do a lot of things and everyone of us also can practice samadhi to "try' understand it, also now days many scientist start to use samadhi to explore knowledge in medical as well as outspace field. But transforming from 1 live form to another really out of my imagination...in malaysia, those malays bomoh can also transform themself into "si long fan", a flying head, the "guai tan" show from hong kong also used to cover this kind of story, i think they work the same.

11. DarkMind

DarkMind Registered Member

I heard of some human snakes too in Indonesia. But I was told they were victims of black magic and the local authorities no longer allows the public to view them. My source says he has seen them personally.

As for transformation, if the legends are to be believed, Mahasiddas like Tilopa and Milarepa can transform to anything they wish. But the method is different from what you described.

12. babemomo

Yep i also suspect that it was the victim of black magic.

13. babemomo

Archan Tia's Story (阿占爹的故事)

In this thread i'll write all the story of Archan Tia. All stories are told by archan tia to me and i believe there are true because a monk cannot tell lies, this is against their restriction. However i only have few story to share for the moment because it is also the restriction for a monk if they try to tell too much of their strange encounter, they must remain in low profile. So most of the time he doesnt simply tell me those story unless during the chatting i try to trap him and dig out more, hehehehe...If you have more of his story please also dont be hesitated to share here. Lets read it as story only and enrich our knowledge.

First i'll start with kampung (village) Sungai Siput, the place where the Wat Sungai Siput was built. According to archan tia, at the begining there were 6 to 7 bomoh, their jobs is to offer the black magic ritual to the villagers and of course since they are not a formal monk therefore they charge for their services. After archan tia came, their business drop a lot because archan tia provide magic ritual for free to villagers and also archan tia often help the villager to neutralized the black magic that are believed to be charmed by those bomoh. This act raise the anger of those bomoh, the existed of archan tia has became a serious threat to their business and so they decided to make archan tia away from kampong sungai siput, they use black magic try to harm archan tia but everytime archan tia can neutralize their black magic no matter how many times they tried. And those who did black magic to archan tia lost his life at last. Now just left 2-3 good bomoh only in kampung sungai siput, their are doing good magic ritual and doesnt do anything harm. Archan tia said he does not want to take their life but when your magic is fight back from a higher level of guru it means your magic will return to you and it will take your life. Last fighting story that happened in wat sungai siput was few years back, a bomoh send a ghost try to disturb wat sungai siput, the ghost first disturb archan tia's student monk, it lets that student monk to see his scary look, because the student monk still very new and has no power therefore that ghost can disturb him. One day while archan tia is meditating that ghost "appear" infront of archan tia, archan tia told me he beat the jar of that ghost and say to that ghost loudly "i did not ever wanted to disturb you, why you keep coming to disturb me and my student?! Now you must quickly disappear from my wat!!!" after that beat and that shout, that ghost never show up again and after few weeks that bomoh lost his life. Archan tia said this is because the ghost go back to find his master and get revenged, the result is life taken by that ghost. I asked archan tia, this is a wat (temple) and why still those ghost can in and out so easily? was that a guardian of temple to protect the wat? Archan tia said, wat is the place that has the most ghost, because ghost like to stay in the wat, they got free food and a place to cultivate themselve so that they can return back to the circle of life. Also most of the higher level of devas doesnt always stay in the wat, they will come only in bigger event such as wai kru or phapa when monks chanting. I ask him, if there is no devas or god in the temple, then who is going to listen to the prayer of devotee, archan tia said dont worry, wat still have lower level of devas and your prayer wil still be listen even without any devas in the wat because they work in different way, archan tia said but not everyone's prayer will come realised so quickly because it has to depends on one's karma. Im still not satisfied and keep asking him, look at that buddha statue, it so huge, why the ghost still can come in, he said buddha dont take care for this kind of stuff anymore, buddha is in very high level and he work in different way to guide the devotee. To fight with ghost it as to depends on lower level of devas or the monk/guru/master himself, but of course if that ghost also in very high level then there is always a higher level of devas will come to help when necessary.

Archan tia's master LP thop is a very powerful monk in magic, no any black magic can harm him, look at the story of his master that scanned from chinese amulet magazine then you will know. Archan tia said before his master want to teach him magic he ask archan tia to swear not to use those magic to harm people, if not archan tia will be in serious trouble, so archan tia never use magic to harm people, only to help people such as neutralized black magic, metta and love magic, but you must present the marriage certificate to prove that you are husband and wife then only archan tia will help to perform love magic.

14. babemomo

I'll shall keep writting but pls do excuse my poor english as i write in fast and never check the setences and grammar, hahaha. But all the stories is 100% true story, no doubt about that.

15. babemomo

One day while chatting with archan tia about his experience in forest while he was forest monk in Thailand, he told me he used to saw a real dragon from a river, at that time there was a fisherman catching fish using a small boat, while the fisherman was away from his boat, he saw a dragon jump out from water and go inside the boat to get the fish that captured by the fisherman. Archan tia the dragon look not very pretty, but its definitely a dragon, I said maybe its not a dragon but somekind of mutation creatures, he said nope its definitely a dragon because you see its smart enough to wait until the fisherman away then only it appear to steal the fish. I asked if there was a dragon in that river why wouldn’t people catch it, archan tia said the dragon is smart enough to hide itself from being capturing by people, it can think like human. Maybe that’s the fate between that dragon and archan tia. Personally I think this story is much more than spiritual thing, something very similar with the Loch Ness monster in Scotland.

16. babemomo

Archan tia's master which is LP Thop will appear in this dream to scold him if he chanted the on making takrut for too many times before official release... Archan tia is a serious person, so for each type of the sacred items he wants to make sure the power is 100% enough to protect or bless the person, so for each type of sacred items usually he will spend many days to chant and bless it before release to public. He said while he was in thailand, he saw how his master chant the takrut, just 1 time only! He said his master just chant the takrut 1 time only yet there are so powerful and until now even though his master is no longer around but still his master's takrut still very powerful and very popular at high price. He said he saw his master sit at the lomtam (somewhere in the temple where usually a monk do his ritual such as blessing, spread the holy water to devotee and etc), tell the helper infront "ok you guys now do the takrut, im lazy and sleepy", so once the helper finish the takrut, they hand it to lp thop, lp thop just chant a while and blew the air on those takrut and said to them "ok, its done", thats it, no many days of chanting no any big ritual just 1 time chanting! So now when Archan tia chanted the sacred item especially takrut for too long times, his master will appear in this dream to scold him "why are you chanting for so many times, just 1 or 3 times enough!" hahahaha its funny to hear this story. Archan tia said he always worry his sacred items not powerful enough to protect and bless the people so he dont mind to spend more times on chanting it. But dont worry about that because for each type of the created sacred item it sure has the power from both the archan tia and his master lp thop, which is the reason why many people found his sacred items to be useful especially in emergency where it appears to be a life saver.

17. babemomo

Maybe not many people know, archan tia expertise is on medical acupuncture and 开光 statue and amulet, this is what he likes to do. Few months ago mr.ng and hock meng take the "saturday buddha" statue to wss, that statue is in gold color with fake diamond decorated around the statue, very beautiful and it has 9 snakes on top form as umbrella to protect the buddha, mr.ng's friend dont want that statue anymore because according him that statue bring many troubles to their family after they pray for this statue, then they went to ask ang kong, ang kong said is that statue which caused all the troubles and it must be taken away immediately. So mr.ng take this statue this buddha statue to wss. After archan tia check it, he found at the bottom of that statue got pasted a yant written on a piece of kasaya, archan tia found the yant which written using khom word has mistake on it, maybe thats they reason why it brings trouble. Archan tia then rip off that kasaya yant from that statue. After few weeks when i visit him again, he want to give me that statue, but i was very afraid that it will bring trouble to me too so i refuse it, and beside i was born on friday not saturday, he said dont worry, no matter friday or saturday buddha they are all from the same and one buddha, it is just how people create it. That statue is very beautiful, i wanted to accept it but i still afraid it will bring trouble to me, so i ask him to 开光 it and draw his yant at the bottom on that statue. He did it and the statue is with me right now in my meditation room and its been few months, nothing really bad happen to me and hope the same for the future, lol.

18. babemomo

When asking about how possible it would be for the world to be end in year 2012, Archan Tia said he does not believe it. He said, according to what Buddha's prophecy, the world might come to an end on year 5000 in Buddhist calendar, he said at that time, world will be at war, strong countries fighting each other and on that time it will not have buddha temple and buddist monk anymore because the conflict of religion. Those who still want to follow the way of buddha teaching or get ordained will not wearing kasaya like what the monks does in the present time, they will however recognise each other by using a symbol, it could be tattoo, ear ring and etc, something which is small and less obvious. On that time, people start to realized the important of self inner, they start to use meditation to transcend themselve, people start to run into jungle to avoid themselve get killed and to practice meditation. Archan Tia said he only believe the Buddha's prophecy, he said, back in 2000 years ago buddha already prophesied that Thailand one day will become a rich and advance country, he said now in Thailand people start to discover large scale of gold mine inside the jungle, this will bring a lot of fortune to their country, and it also make the Thailand richer. When asking about Paul the Octopus, he just smiles...

19. babemomo

Archan Tia said when the ubosot is about to finish, he will build more guest room so that devotee or monk from other place can overnight in his wat if they came from far. Currently just have 4 small house for the monk to stay, they have no personal toilet but to share with public toilet. New building will have many rooms and 4 rooms will share a toilet, there will be 8 to 12 rooms in new building. He said he wants to make it comfortable for people to stay.

20. babemomo

Archan Tia used to saw buddha "approach" infront of him during meditation in thailand after 1 monk he officially ordained as monk. He said during that time his eyes was closed but he can see just like the eyes wide opened. Buddha said to him "Thats right, you are doing right, you are walking in the right path, keep it going, dont be rush, do it slowly, you will achieve something".

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)