Appeal Against Bro B-I's Suspension

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by jonlkj, 20 December 2012.

1. jonlkj

jonlkj Registered Member

Dear Mods and Admins,

May I appeal for you and your team to re-look into Bro B-I's suspension
    http://amuletforums.com/infraction-b-l-t28637.html?t=28637

I felt that B-I was agitated and provoked by Dande when all B-I did was to pen down his views and thinking. As seen in this post, B-I did not want to argue with Dande and it was Dande who kept on ranting non-stop :thumbs_down:
    Thai Amulets & Buddhism Online Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Need Urgent Help regarding AVA

The turning point came when Dande mention B-I's mum :thumbs_down:
    Thai Amulets & Buddhism Online Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Need Urgent Help regarding AVA

Dande even mention my parents in 2 of her posts. :thumbs_down:

As illustrated in this thread, who would tolerate when their parents is mentioned in an argument? http://amuletforums.com/well-done-moderator-t26586.html?t=26586

Looking at the whole thing. I strongly believe that Dande is the cause of all these and I felt that a suspension for B-I is abit harsh on him. Look at all those thanks u got on your post on Dande's suspension. :thumbs_up:
    http://amuletforums.com/infraction-dande-disturbing-t28638.html?t=28638

The start of all these started with Dande, who was the root of these "war", who got agitated when we doesn't agree on her views, and kept on looking for an argument. Anybody would know that Dande is someone who would always create chaos and wreak havoc. Even Bro Brightlight's was not spared from her. Look at this post by Bro Bliss
    Thai Amulets & Buddhism Online Discussion Forums

May u re-consider B-I's suspension.

2. dusty2103

dusty2103 Registered Member

thanks jonlky for posting this appeal.

dear admins and moderators, B-I maybe wrong but the fact he was provoked into retaliation shouldn't be overlooked.

please do try to understand how he felt when his parents were brought into heated argument and to pour salt over wound, his financial plight was being laughed at. any normal human being would have reacted the same or worse.

I hereby plead that his punishment to be lightened. thank you so much!

3. brightlight

brightlight Registered Member

Support to rescind the suspension on Brother B-I

i wish to support the cause to rescind the suspension on Brother B-I

Click here - a post i posted this early morning which was coincidental

My perception of the dispute

No one was spared from the unnecessary bombardment from this dispute that became collateral damage to several others. Even the nick brightlight was pulled into the picture, so i make clear my view on the situation with my above links. Whether the officials have the heart and wisdom to mete the right judgment, i leave it them.

可知以前朝代的法律是有情有理的? Yes, even though it's the modern day, our heart is still made of flesh; it's warm, not cold.

阿弥陀佛 :)

4. Phang

Phang Registered Member

B-I as a son stood up to fearlessly defend for his parents after being insanely provoked and insulted by the other member, Dande in this forum. :eek2:

I wish he will be back to AF soon. :biggthumpup1:

5. bioanarchism

bioanarchism Systems Architect Staff Member

Not to worry, it has been modified with a temporary ban status and the account will be re-activated on 26th December 2012, ~02:00 PM.

Thank you.

6. jonlkj

jonlkj Registered Member

Thank u very much Mod :thumbs_up: Really appreciate :bow:

7. dusty2103

kudos to mod.

thank you so much and greatly appreciated for hearing us out.:biggthumpup1:

8. B-l

B-l Registered Member

Wow, the community is amazing. After clicking on the site a few times... I saw that I was unable to log in anymore. So I stopped trying thereafter.

A bro here informed me that I would be able to log in after the 26th, so after finishing my mails, I clicked on the forum and see that I am able to log in again.

Thanks to all the bros here who have spoken up. Really appreciate. Also those who lend their support who are here on this page as well. This shows inside us, we all know when something is done right/wrong.

I just felt the moderators can do a lot better in this episode. Instead of suspending my account... the mods could have just spoken up. Just one simple post like.. 'Guys, mind your language', etc. And I would be the first to stop. Because I never intended to argue with anyone. I am a human with feelings. And for someone to cross the lines talking about parents... just too much overboard to remain polite to such keyboard warriors, whether male or female.

Now, just by suddenly suspending my account without fair and due warning, and no inclination of me at all showing that I did not heed warning (if I don't heed warning, ok ban me, I don't mind, fair enough), I also feel that some kind of bias is given to 'Premium' paying customers (related to my sharing of experiences about a certain shop).

The mods could have brought AF up another level through this episode. Which is to uphold the respectable flow of the forum but in a fair way.

And if they did so (come into fray like a referee and give due warning, instead of a sudden suspension), they would have done a lot more justice to this website.

We would all also agree with moderators being fair on this because we come here for information, and without objective and unbiased information, there will be no traffic, and without traffic, this site is useless.

Looking at what happened.... a customer of a shop (shop is a 'Premium' member here) gave 100% honest reviews, opened up old wounds and shared story with all forum members.. got ridiculed and parents insulted by a lunatic member, even insulted with salt to wound of current and existing financial downfall (very uncalled for), and another equally insensitive poster came and stirred the pot further. Customer speaks up against these unwarranted attacks. Gets banned by moderators (pot stirrer bo tai ji).

Huh? Is this fair? Is this the best way to really move the forum forward?

Now if there is even an 'idea' that mods will go 'against' those who post negative reviews, in order to protect their 'Premium' paying customers, who will want to be honest anymore? And without honest reviews and community camaraderie sharing to and fro... what is the point of having a forum?

Might as well have everyone just place advertisements and treat all reviews as spam and auto-delete.

To have a forum is for live interaction, to know what it really is like before you pay your money, with reviews from honest sharing from a fellow member's personal experience (be it amulets, buchas, Masters or shops).

And for a forum to have integrity.... an unbiased moderation is absolutely necessary. And this is how members gain confidence about the information on this forum. The more confidence, the more recommendation, the more recommendation, the more members, the more members, the more advertisers and the more advertisers, the more revenue. Simple as that.

Lastly, just want to say a big Thank You to all who stood up for justice (read some threads and felt a certain fire-starting member should have been removed a long time ago).

Have a Great 2013 and may the New Year bring improved good luck to us all!

Cheers.

*Edit: Glad to be online again and part of a greater family of sharing bros!
    Big thanks also to bros who sent beneficial PMs with encouragement, support and useful information. Much appreciated. Many good souls on this forum.

9. suwannaphum

suwannaphum Registered Member

I can understanding the infraction against B-I, but I cannot understand why he is now suspended again?

10. p-regret

p-regret Registered Member

I am not taking sides in this conflict, but I just want to raise a pertinent point. As the mod buddho is a direct participant, using his own words, in this "debate/arena", in the spirit of fairness, if bro b-i is really disturbing forum peace, shouldn't his suspension be effected by another Mod instead?

Another secondary observation I have made is that, while b-i tends to go a little overboard with his comments, the questions and queries he raised about Buddhism is quite relevant and beneficial to many forummers here. It leaves much food for thought, and they are definitely worth pondering on as compared to threads like "which position should i hang my amulets on my necklace or how should i place my buchas on the altar".

11. Phang

Phang Registered Member

Because B-I speaks his mind. :smilie:

Only the meek are safe to stay in AF. :wink2:

12. Nachalititi

Nachalititi Registered Member

To be fair, Buddho should not be involved in this matter. Another Mod must step in. He(Buddho) also use strong words. It takes both hands to clap. Mods too must be subjected to fairness.

13. dusty2103

it's not the first nor it's going to be the last whereby a mod got involved in a heated debate, no less guilty of name callings and provokings.

then the same mod wielded the ban hammer himself. shouldn't he be subjected to infraction points too?

14. iamdean76

iamdean76 Registered Member

come to think of it, if two forummers are normal members having heated arguments? what will be the consequences? thread close? both suspended? because i see the reason was given is disturbing forum peace which i see as exchanging idea until a little heated up only.

maybe a more senior mod shd step in and weigh the situation?

15. suwannaphum

suwannaphum Registered Member

BI had raised pretty good points, and although I don't agree which much of what he has written, he had taken the trouble to state his point and refute others - althought it may not have been diplomatic at the later stage. Another pertinent point is, if the MOD involved was not a moderator, would he have suffered infraction or tio ban too? The Mod had chosen to be involved in the discussion and he had exercised his discretion/power by having the last say (Ban). I think as mod, he should have escalated to higher mod/forum owner, since he was involved in the past suspension of B-I.

16. dusty2103

15 infraction points for calling another forumer childish, if a mod decided to post in a debate, he is just like any other forumer and should accept disagreements readily. so how many infraction points to call others a fool first?

17. jojolee

jojolee Registered Member

Since Buddho is involved in this, he shouldn't be the one to impose suspension or any infraction points to B-I. Need these be necessary, it should have been done by other unbiased Mods or Admin, definitely not by someone who's involved :thumbs_down:

For B-I's suspension, I can only say it's 公益时报 :thumbs_down:

B-I was merely asking and questioning about Buddhism but from what I see, Buddho's reply was kinda rude. Throughout the argument, B-I requested Buddho to leave his thread but Buddho kept on replying thus adding more kerosene to fire :thumbs_down:

For this, I can say that Buddho purposely agitated B-I and then use it as an excuse to suspend B-I when the heat gets heated :thumbs_down:

Nuff said!

18. dusty2103

just when we think the porridge is cooking to perfection, on comes a rat to poo in the pot and makes all bad yet again.

19. jojolee

jojolee Registered Member

A mod, should he decided to post in another member's thread, he should put aside his Mod status and post as an ordinary member.

What's gonna happen to Mod who are rude?

20. Norbu

Norbu Registered Member

debating is part of buddhism learning curve.. They debate daily in the great monastery. Maybe minus the name calling....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)