1. Dhamma Galleria
  2. Premium Banner Advertising

3. Premium Membership

Premium Membership

Dear all, 

Please note that all sales and advertising are to be done in the Premium Classifieds. Click to upgrade your account today!

Any good experience or feedback from Genuine Thai Buddha Gallery (@ People's Park Centre)?

Discussion in 'The Hall of Fame & Shame' started by Youzhe, 26 November 2014.

1. NHXM

NHXM Registered Member

I passed by their shop before..I can only say the lady boss is more approachable..though I didn't rent their amulets before but she give me a good impression.Humble,that's the way.

2. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

Since you have been in this business for nearly 30 years, why is there negative feedbacks circulating more and more around, be it your service level, or on your steep price etc . Its indeed true that its impossible to please everyone out there, but think through and accept all the negative feedbacks and knows where the problems lay rather than staying arrogrant and unwilling to change. Saying to imporve is cheap but prove it with your action is worthwhile.

Its all down to integrity and honesty.

3. phra-zero

phra-zero Registered Member

Thanks Phra Zero bro for sharing.[/QUOTE]

One or two years ago I went to people's park centre.
    I passed through their shops and saw the father Peter's shop was closed, nobody inside. I then looked at the displaying buchas through the glass. Suddenly i noticed a peter look-alike guy staring at me, he stood in front of the mother Judy's shop. I was not sure whether he was peter, but their face and hairstyle looked similar. I didnt pay much attention to him, and later I turned around, he disappeared.
    Later I walked into Judy's shop and asked how come peter's shop was closed? I had something to consult him.
    Judy just asnwered very calmly that Peter went out to buy Kopi and would come back in a short while.
    I waited for a moment and I went away.

The next day I happened to meet another Spore amulet dealer. he told me Peter actually died already...... :freezing-onion-head-emoticon:

DarkMind, Zodiac and jeremy1987 like this.
  4. NHXM

NHXM Registered Member

I passed through their shops and saw the father Peter's shop was closed, nobody inside. I then looked at the displaying buchas through the glass. Suddenly i noticed a peter look-alike guy staring at me, he stood in front of the mother Judy's shop. I was not sure whether he was peter, but their face and hairstyle looked similar. I didnt pay much attention to him, and later I turned around, he disappeared.
    Later I walked into Judy's shop and asked how come peter's shop was closed? I had something to consult him.
    Judy just asnwered very calmly that Peter went out to buy Kopi and would come back in a short while.

The next day I happened to meet another Spore amulet dealer. he told me Peter actually died already...... :freezing-onion-head-emoticon:[/QUOTE]

Kua tio gui.

5. Mindful

Mindful Registered Member

Peter's son is indeed a person with attitude problem. I have personally experienced that when i went to his shop last time. Even Peter does not speak so arrogantly. There are many veteran collectors in Singapore who still gave Peter face last time because at least Peter still know his stuff. But his son is still not at his father's level yet but thought he is. I hope you are reading this. Don't make yourself a laughing stock when you do not know your stuff but still acting with attitude like you know alot. Your other customers come out later and actually laughed at you. There are many low profile collectors who might look like a poor man wearing a simple amulet or appear like they know nothing, but in fact you would be surprised at their collections and knowledge. There are many humble high end collectors. There are also many amulets dealers in Sg now, not like last time when Peter set up shop.

Learn to be humble young man. Don't let your father down. Don't bring down your father's biz.....

Learn from your mother. She is a humble lady.

vies, Benson, justinlee369 and 4 others like this.
  6. jeremy1987

jeremy1987 Registered Member

I beg to differ

7. NHXM

NHXM Registered Member

That im not sure with whats your experience with her because i did step into her shop and look around and ask her whether she got stock for mae sumali.she replied no with a smile and thats it..that was around last year.

8. VueTan

VueTan Registered Member

It was an accidental that i discovered their shops. Was at the nearby shop buying some medicine and came across it. Anyway when i first stepped into their shops, the larger one (Max's). I thought he is ok, not very approachable but ok only. To me he is more to the "commercial" kind, that is.. business is business kind of talking. But after a few times going there to search for buchas i got to know him a little more, i thought he is infact a nice guy (maybe you guys find him talk loud or big, coz he is young or small size). Im not linked to him in anyway, just speaking based on my experiences with them. His mother is a nice woman too. Not sure how some had such bad experiences with them only just once. im not a very easy guy though when comes to services, but i do give chances... : )

9. justinlee369

justinlee369 Registered Member

The next day I happened to meet another Spore amulet dealer. he told me Peter actually died already...... :freezing-onion-head-emoticon:[/QUOTE]

Serious? Peter died already?

Last edited: 11 March 2015
  10. phra-zero

phra-zero Registered Member

Serious? Peter died already?[/QUOTE]

Yes, i heard horrible dead, both the mother and son wanted to covered it up

zodiac83 likes this.
  11. raymond

raymond Registered Member

Yes, i heard horrible dead, both the mother and son wanted to covered it up[/QUOTE]
    not of illness??

Zodiac likes this.
  12. justinlee369

justinlee369 Registered Member

Something fishy is definitely going on at their place then.

13. Zodiac

Zodiac Registered Member

Yes, i heard horrible dead, both the mother and son wanted to covered it up[/QUOTE]
    not of illness??[/QUOTE]

Been to their shop only once at his place, was surprised. what is the cause of the dead Bro Raymond?

14. dragons

dragons Registered Member

His reputation is famous for the past few decades, cocky, arrogant and despised those which he thinks will never buy anything from his shop. I even spotted a few replica at his shop. Not worth visiting his shop. His price slightly higher than most of the shops.

Vainkid and jeremy1987 like this.
  15. Sam Lee

Sam Lee Registered Member

I am a customer with them since Peter days but nevertheless their amulet prices is higher than others but both Judy and Max both are humble and nice person.

16. Amulet newbie

Amulet newbie Registered Member

Went to their shop before, found their amulets are too expensive

jeremy1987 likes this.
  17. aeriumM

aeriumM Registered Member

As someone that is trading through the review I think it's really mean to mention about someone's death being horrible, and moreover, you "heard". It's the basic respect which I think we should all give to someone that passed away.

18. zodiac83

zodiac83 Registered Member

But why did they wish to cover it up? Heard Peter was all the while very healthy when he was alive, but with a very foul tempered.

19. huatkia88

huatkia88 Registered Member

any updates on this shop?

20. Youzhe

Youzhe Registered Member

I think this shop must have already been backlisted long ago, any way i heard from a dealer used to be at people's park complex before shifting, mentioned that the Max have some discord with Judy. Now both of them no longer communicate nor live with each other. Just heard, anyway after Peter passed away lots of issue happened between the mum and son.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)