Abortion of baby

Discussion in 'General Buddhism' started by shio, 1 August 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shio

shio Registered Member

Bros,I had some issue to relate to your.
    My gf had abortion due to work commitment which does not allow her to keep the baby and i am not stable at the moment in sense of career and income and i have to pour away the foetus in my own hand.

Any bros can suggest any temple or master we can go and pray for our baby so that he can recirnate?

2. zephyrus45

zephyrus45 Registered Member

I understand how you feel bro....
    ~
    As to the question you'd posted, I'm not too sure,

But for me,

I'd go to the 'Buddha Tooth Relic Temple' at chinatown each year during the approaching 7th month fest.

They have an area/altar set-up specially for our lost child.
    Usually at the main enterance.
    You can see all the tablets there.

Perhaps you wanna visit to take a look?

Take care.:smile:

3. Buddho

Buddho Registered Member

Many Chinese Buddhist temples in S'pore offer mass chanting ceremonies for lower realm beings during the 7th month. Buddhist Lodge is one of them. U can go there and ask them to set up a tablet writting "baby spirit XX of (your surname) family and (your gf's surname) family". The aborted baby's spirit will go there to receive the merits of their mass chanting for the whole month. Hopefully it will give up its grudge against both of u and move on into a higher realm. You must seek forgiveness from it and never do such sinful deeds again, otherwise nobody can help u when the fruits of karma ripen.

4. Khunphaen

Khunphaen Registered Member

bro, can understand your feelings. For my suggestion, Your gf might have dreams cos she had gone through a terrible process which it would constantly remind her. U might go to any temple to pray for forgiveness, give donation to temple but before donating, think of giving merit to your child and pray to lighten the karma. Or if u still dun feel comfortable mayb when there's any master visiting spore(for me i prefer to look for archan mun) you might wanna bring your gf down together and allow the master to do blessing for you. Hope this would help. But at this moment, guess u have to be strong and give more concern to your gf. Take care bro.

5. iwanin

iwanin Registered Member

Bros and sis,
    Does anyone knows if parents of the aborted/miscarriage , directly and indirectly. Are not accepted by Kumanthong or kumanthep?

Any mantra or katha specially for the ill fated baby.

I don't know of any service here to do the mass chanting ceremony.

I have tried to avoid kumanthong or kumanthep before. But, recently I have rented KMTs unknowingly.
    So far, few unfortunate event have happened unknowingly. until I found out Kumanthong was found on one of my KunPhean recently.

Thanks

6. alfred

alfred Registered Member

We, human can't undo what we have done. Don't feel sorry for yourself, look at the bright side and try to do more merit for you and your gf and transfer the merit to the baby. This will help in early reincarnation.

Hope this advise of help.

Metta

7. HaveFaith

HaveFaith Registered Member

hi bro wat u can do now are wat bros here suggested above
    to set up a tablet for ur unborn child and do some chanting ritual
    to appease ur unborn baby anger and seek his/her forgiveness and let him know that u are left with no other choice but to abort him due to the many problems u n ur gf faced
    as abortion is a serious sin
    remember to Tamboon more and transfer the merits to ur unborn baby whenever possible
    to reduce the Karma incurred
    otherwise in ur later phase of ur life
    karma will catch up with u
    and u might suffer during ur old age
    so try to reduce ur Karma now and do chanting ritual & set up tablet
    to send ur unborn child for reborn
    take care bro

8. iwanin

iwanin Registered Member

Thanks. I was suggested from close friend to do a tamboon mass chant ceremony to reincarnate. After that do not do any remembrance ceremony or anything. Just go on with our daily life.
    This is harsh. But if we remember them in our heart, they tend to "stick" to us. And we are giving them hope.
    But both of us found it quite hard to do. After all it's part our flesh and blood.

Any suggestion, best day/time to do the goodbye ritual?
    Thanks again!

9. zephyrus45

:frown:

At times.....

I'd miss my baby still.....

Nonetheless, life goes on.... But as mentioned before, I'd still visit the temple yearly for the mass chanting.

I don't think it'd do any harm;
    For remembering how wonderful it was,
    Or how it might have been...
    One way or another,
    Those memories are already 'stuck' to us....
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Best to carry on your daily as usual,
    And say a little prayer for your child whenever you think or miss him/her.
    Afterall.....
    I'd like to believe that our child wouldn't want to see us in pain or be in misery,
    So don't dwell too much in negative thoughts....
    ~~~~~~~~
    Hope this helps....

10. MaiKhaoChai

MaiKhaoChai Registered Member

Can I ask for some of your views on the following scenario. If your wife is pregnant, and is your 2nd child. But the doctor needs to admit your wife to stay in hospital for the next 3 months as before the baby is due. reason being there's a very high chance o miscarriage if your wife stays at home or work. Pertaining to the above, the 3 months of stay excluding the delivery stay, the bill amount to $200k est. If you're not from a very well to do family, what's your decision, to keep the baby or not. Please share your views.

11. zephyrus45

Keep.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Well to do or not, the baby deserves the right to live.
    In anycase,
    That alone should be good enough a reason to work harder.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In simple words:

You really don't want to regret, after making the hardest decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12. shio

shio Registered Member

thanx bro for the advice...! i will go temple myself .my gf no matter waht do not believe in all these..guess i have to pray and transfer merits to them

13. iwanin

iwanin Registered Member

Bro. What ever you do, think of the future of the baby. Don't force nature. Will he be self dependent when he grows up?
    I make a selfish decision once. If the baby is going to grow up healthy. Will he/she have problem taking care of him/her self. I've seen parent's bearing the pain to look at their own son taking injection everyday to keep himself alive. His arm is full of dark patches made by infection. But his life will be short.
    I have seen, a boy have to be nursed everyday. Because his mind can't grow up.
    Just my point of view.

14. Dimension

Dimension Registered Member

I've been wanting to reply to this thread few days ago, i choose to siam this thread, now i see until buay tahan liao,
    o
    ne question for you guys who love to abort kids..

at nite you F**K got use ur brain and think about the baby future... ur finance or not??

if yes you abort.. ok fair and square.. at least u think for the kid

for those who did not think about it only know how to F**K.. sorry to say.. u r worst then animal (at least even their kid crippled they also devote themselves and hunt food for them NO MATTER HOW HARD IT TAKES)..

TS, dun need to open debate this topic and ask here and there just Wait for your karma to come can liao
    think before you do.. dun do liao come out with so much selfish reasoning ( career, finance,young)..

Hope this topic close and can stop this corrupting more people to choose abortion by saying lousy reasons.. .. @#$%^&

15. shio

shio Registered Member

For what

Everyone has the same reasoning for their views to put across at different leve during difficultiesl.That is what forums are used for.
    I don't think we should close this topic just per based on your comment
    You can always chose to close one eye and ignore this topic

16. Dimension

i believe this is not only my comment.. alot of people de comment also.. i speak my part.. and ignoring this topic.. enjoy talking ur rubbish about ur so called difficulties.. why should'nt close.. you only wanna ask here and there nia.. as i say liao.. very easy de.. just sit and wait for karma to come can liaoz.. dun need to pray here and there

17. shio

shio Registered Member

a

whether it is whose karma. it is none of your business to comment on.If u are such a saint.you should be sitting in high power minister office now

I have the wishes to pray whenver i go. and maybe u shld stop collecting amulets and sell since u are such a great saint

Forums is for helping one another,not deluding nor belittle each other.

U should join those ladies forums ..cozycot and workers party suits you better.

18. Dimension

this type of things dun need to be a saint then can think of this ba.. thanks for ur recommendation.. i will try to join as there are ladies there.. but thanks to your guidance.. i will not be like you.. this will be a very last time i post in this thread posting with you really waste my time cause u are too profound liao... saw people thanked me, felt i done the rite thing..

19. Buddho

Buddho Registered Member

Such exchange of harsh words is really unnecessary in a discussion abt abortion. Buddhism views it as a sin, but that doesn't mean we should condemn those who does these things in ignorance. All we need to do is to let them know the consequences of their deeds and advise them to repent. Scolding this or that person serve no purpose, hence this thread will be closed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)