[Let's Discuss & Share!] Abortion baby in dream

Discussion in 'Thai Amulets & More Discussion' started by shio, 14 September 2011.

1. shio

shio Registered Member

I had do rituals for abortion baby for past 2 years and chow tu in a tibet temple during hungry ghost.recently dreamt of the baby boy in my arms.he told me he is very sad.i unable see the face clearly as it was blurrred image..any further advice how i can do further prayers etc?

2. sadsad

sadsad Registered Member

he cant let go

3. warlockSG

warlockSG Registered Member

your baby or other people baby?

obviously the ritual and chow tu is not working
    :crazy-eyes:

4. 5354

5354 Registered Member

I think is the other way around.. shio, just swear that from now on all the good deeds you going to do in the future, you dont want reward and it will give it to those that you owns.. don't really need to let go or do anything to force it.. What we did in the past will just be a history lesson for us..

Than again that's just how i look at it.

5. Wsiely

Wsiely Registered Member

Hi Shio,

Deliverance ceremony or 超度 does not necessary meant that the spirits will accept and leave. This is the difficult part in deliverance ceremony, not that the monks are not skilful. Therefore, one or two times' 超度 may not be enough. For some spirits, they are unable or unwilling to let go of the hatred. 超度 is similar to "counseling", the monks or masters first have to invited the Buddhas/Bodhisattavas to descend and help to "counsel" these vengeful spirits (soft approach), and then eventually advised them to go for reincarnation and resolved the hatred relationship. Therefore, you just have to keep helping the foetus spirit to register for 超度 ceremonies, as many times as possible. As far as I know, foetus spirits are pitiful, unlike adult spirits which they are more "sensible", little babies' spirits do not really have a mind of their own. They will always wonder why mummies and daddies do not want me..why ? And therefore, tend to hang around with their parents. It takes a fair bit of time to make them "understand" and then depart to another better world...I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. You can only use "soft approach" to deal with "babies"...

6. shio

shio Registered Member

Thanx everyone for the prompt and guidance advice.It was my baby which was aborted last year june.My gf was a free thinker and she dun believe in all the prayers and stuff.But she told me last year,she dreamt a grp of toddlers .A boy baby suddenly came up to her and ask her why she throw her away.

Thus i do all the prayers during the seventh month ceremony . the tablet name is put up in the temple for offerings etc.A name was given to the baby too.I pray on her behalf to the baby and hope he reborn to a better family etc. Can i go to other temple and do the prayers such as register his name at the temple etc too or i have to stick to the tibet temple that i have register for the chow tu to the baby?

7. Buddho

Buddho Registered Member

Can do at other temples as well. Eventually the baby spirit will accept the prayers and move on to the next existence. Most impt is for both of your to repent the evil act of abortion, and never create such unwholesome karma again.

8. sadsad

sadsad Registered Member

what do u mean by the other way round?

and what bro warlock said is correct, the prayers isnt working, i suggest TS change to another new temple.

best is give it a name, it is your baby afterall. buy some toys and sweets for him :thumbs_up:

9. 5354

5354 Registered Member

10. sadsad

sadsad Registered Member

can u explain why so?

11. 5354

5354 Registered Member

hmm... just like if someone who had a fight with thier father the same day he pass away.. in his mind he can't forgive him/herself for that. Whenever they dream of theyr father they will want to say sorry. even so he/she still wont be able to forgive themself for whever happen. They wanna do more and they keep on blaming themselves for that.. hmm... how you said it, just like what i said above is not thier father that wont forgive them, it's themselves that can't seem to let go or forgive themself. mind is a powerful thing.

12. 5354

5354 Registered Member

A village was hit by a dreaded disease and one of the villagers was instructed to bring a bottle to CKN to ask for some holy water to try to cure his fellow villagers but was declined. The villager had no idea what to do and how to get holy water from CKN to appease the villagers. Out of desperation, he decided to take the water from the basin used for washing CKN's feet and brought it back to his place to give to the sick. Nobody knew the origins of the water and what it was used for. When the sick people drank the water which they thought was holy water given by CKN, all of them were miraculously cured. This greatly puzzled the man who brought the water. When this news leaked out (gossip is a fearful thing) people who heard the news all rushed towards Wat Thepsirin to ask CKN for this special holy water but he denied having given any to anyone much to their disappointment. When the villagers heard CKN’s reply, they were all very confused as to where the holy water came from. The monk staying next to CKN couldn’t stand it anymore as more and more people flocked to the temple and decided to clarify to the villagers once and for all that CKN had never given any holy water to anyone.

This is from one of Chao Khun Nor Bio.

Is not holy water that cured them, it was themselves.. It's all in the mind. There is no holy water.

13. Ravan

Ravan Registered Member

So it was a placebo effect?

14. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Registered Member

You should consider continuing the chang cho puja for yourself and the baby at the tibetan temple u have been going to.

Instead of stopping it, it means the baby is receiving some..thats why a connection is made.

If it didnt work, there would be no connection at all. I would suggest doubling or tripling the efforts made.

Like Sakya center in Pasir Ris,has a major chang cho puja 3 times a year.

Karma Kaygud does 1 major in Aug and 1 minor in Feb/mar per year.

And alot of Chinese Mahayana temples, does the 7mth,30 days. per year. Would be advisable to do at the 2 major temples in Singapore.

It takes alot of effort just to purify one's own obstacles, let alone a baby's..which has no merit base..

15. Phang

Phang Registered Member

这是破了五戒的第一戒 - 杀戒。

佛对龙王说:龙王,若离杀生,即得成就十离恼法。何等为十?一、于诸众生普施无畏。二、常于众生起大慈心。三、永断一切瞋恚习气。四、身常无病。五、寿命长远。六、恆为非人之所守护。七、常无恶梦,寝觉快乐。八、灭除怨结,众怨自解。九、无恶道怖。十、命终生天。

要常 1。于诸众生普施无畏

2。常于众生起大慈心

只要真悔改,爱惜生命就是功德无量。

mcjc likes this.
  16. 5354

5354 Registered Member

cant really read most of it.. only been to first grade in china >.<
    I like this 只要真悔改,爱惜生命就是功德无量.
    只要真悔改<---- you will always improving yourself... none is perfect..
    爱惜生命 <--- not just your every living thing.. this is hard to do.. hate those blood sucking vampire..:angryflame: 是功德无量. not hurting any living soul(included ghost) physically or verbally(hard to do). that's really 功德无量. better grap my lazy azz to work.. >.< (Why can't i just hit the lotto) oh wait.. i dont buy them..@.@

17. BDS

BDS Registered Member

18. sadsad

sadsad Registered Member

so are u trying to say that there is no such thing, the actual thing is that theres no spirit of the baby, the TS just cant forgive himself and dream what he think everyday?

19. 5354

5354 Registered Member

Dont dare to say yes and dont dare to say no.. Seem to many crazy thing in this life already. >.< If the TS Ex can't forgive herself for doing what she did, nomatter how many rituals they going to do it will keep on coming back in her dream.. hmm... how how you say it.. Had you ever had a bad break up??? some movie some song will remind you of that person. untill you really let go.. those movie or song wont really matter anymore.. >.< hmm... hmm.. oh well..

20. equation76

equation76 Registered Member

超度, I think it is one of the mistaken ritual in the community. Most people thought by putting the name of the deceased as part of the prayer list. Automatically, they will be freed to enter into pureland. Apparently, it is depend on the individual 's karma, as stated in Earth Store Bodhisattvas Sutra, "
    When men or women laden with offenses who failed to plant good causes die, even they can receive one-seventh of any merit dedicated to them by relatives who do good deeds on their behalf. The other six-sevenths of the merit will return to the living relatives who did the good deeds. It follows that good men and women of the present and future who cultivate while they are strong and healthy will receive all of the benefit derived"

One of the 5 percept of Buddhism is refrain from taking life of a human being. What has been done cannot be undone? Perhaps you and your partner could consider repenting before a Buddha or bodhisattva in your favourite temple and state the reason for not keeping the baby. At least, psychologically and spiritually the guilt ridden feeling can be reduced in the process. Next, it is good to continue do the 超度in your daily life through chanting of your favourite sutra or mantra. Each time just delicate the merits accumulated to the deceased wishing him well and to move on to a higher realms of existence.

In fact, it is good to ask your GF to participate in delication as the power of mother prayer is inconceivable as the deceased is part of her body make up. However, if she resist due to her atheist belief then just do your part will do.

南無妙法蓮華經

nelsonq and mcjc like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)